• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump/Barr striking out on their attempts to push conspiracy theory

Bugsy McGurk

President
Trump and many of his GOP congressional co-conspirators have long claimed that our intel people wrongfully investigated Russia’s illegal interference in our election, along with the Trump cronies who were consorting with the Kremlin reps. A “deep state” conspiracy to harm Trump, they claimed.

That was ludicrous, of course, but Trump had Baghdad Barr put the DOJ IG on the case. Not content with the usual process - the IG process - to investigate such claims, yet another lawyer was appointed to help make the conspiracy case.

Well, snake eyes all around for Trump and Baghdad Barr. They just can’t find anyone to help them sell their bizarre conspiracy theory. That won’t stop them from gaslighting the rabble on the subject, but sane people will see that even their hand-picked stooges can’t make the case, because there is no case to be made.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/politics/william-barr-russia-conspiracy-theory-inspector-general/index.html

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I wonder why Barr has allowed himself to be a footnote in history this way?

I wonder even more why Congresspeople and Senators are so scared of Trump, the base failed to deliver in Louisana, Kentucky and Virginia - do they think they will all of a sudden wake up and get fired up soon? If so why did they let those 3 state become dem controlled?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Jack4freedom

Governor
Interesting article, but to get back on topic:

It looks like the new Durham criminal investigation is turning out to be another stale fart for the Trump fanatics, along with the Horowitz report. Durham is not a Hannitized, Ditto Head, Deep State whack job as Trump and Barr had hoped. I guess the only move left for Barr/Trump is to appoint Sean Hannity and Alex Jones as Special Council.

voyager

4Q2247365
Trump and many of his GOP congressional co-conspirators have long claimed that our intel people wrongfully investigated Russia’s illegal interference in our election, along with the Trump cronies who were consorting with the Kremlin reps. A “deep state” conspiracy to harm Trump, they claimed.

That was ludicrous, of course, but Trump had Baghdad Barr put the DOJ IG on the case. Not content with the usual process - the IG process - to investigate such claims, yet another lawyer was appointed to help make the conspiracy case.

Well, snake eyes all around for Trump and Baghdad Barr. They just can’t find anyone to help them sell their bizarre conspiracy theory. That won’t stop them from gaslighting the rabble on the subject, but sane people will see that even their hand-picked stooges can’t make the case, because there is no case to be made.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/politics/william-barr-russia-conspiracy-theory-inspector-general/index.html
I heard about that this morning. Cracked me up. Truth wins out every time.

Bugsy McGurk

President

I wonder even more why Congresspeople and Senators are so scared of Trump, the base failed to deliver in Louisana, Kentucky and Virginia - do they think they will all of a sudden wake up and get fired up soon? If so why did they let those 3 state become dem controlled?
Barr is clearly just as bad as Trump. He auditioned for the AG job with a 19 page memo saying the Mueller probe was baseless, and then he lied about the Mueller report when he got a sneak peak from Mueller.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Because, like all patriotic Americans, the idea of a cabal of political appointees and career bureaucrats plotting to overthrow the President sickens him. The IG was never going to do anything but whitewash the whole affair - that's what IGs do. The fact that he has made criminal referrals (that were allowed to die) and will show documented abuses of the FISA process is a stunning result. It illustrates that there was simply too much corruption for him to sweep under a rug. I'm vastly more interested in Durham's investigation - he has far more power, and a wider reach, than Horowitz. Lets wait and see what he does before declaring this matter "settled," okay?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Interesting article, but to get back on topic:

It looks like the new Durham criminal investigation is turning out to be another stale fart for the Trump fanatics, along with the Horowitz report. Durham is not a Hannitized, Ditto Head, Deep State whack job as Trump and Barr had hoped. I guess the only move left for Barr/Trump is to appoint Sean Hannity and Alex Jones as Special Council.
Is that why his investigation went "criminal?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/us/politics/john-durham-criminal-investigation.html

I suggest you wait to see what he comes up with before calling his investigation a "stale fart."

Bugsy McGurk

President
Because, like all patriotic Americans, the idea of a cabal of political appointees and career bureaucrats plotting to overthrow the President sickens him. The IG was never going to do anything but whitewash the whole affair - that's what IGs do. The fact that he has made criminal referrals (that were allowed to die) and will show documented abuses of the FISA process is a stunning result. It illustrates that there was simply too much corruption for him to sweep under a rug. I'm vastly more interested in Durham's investigation - he has far more power, and a wider reach, than Horowitz. Lets wait and see what he does before declaring this matter "settled," okay?
Please. No matter who says that Trump and Barr are lying with their “deep state persecution” conspiracy, the conspiracy will never die. Wingers don’t need facts. They hate facts. The conspiracy will live on regardless.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Please. No matter who says that Trump and Barr are lying with their “deep state persecution” conspiracy, the conspiracy will never die. Wingers don’t need facts. They hate facts. The conspiracy will live on regardless.
That’s true. Whenever one of their bombshell investigation crap out they simply start calling the officials who conducted the investigation names. I wonder what Durham will be tagged with? It’s just a matter of time.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That’s true. Whenever one of their bombshell investigation crap out they simply start calling the officials who conducted the investigation names. I wonder what Durham will be tagged with? It’s just a matter of time.
Baghdad Barr will never give up on helping Trump push this lie. He’s a Trump stooge through and through.

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
Gaslighting has become an effective tool for this administration. President Trump is a master of machinations and eristic arguments. The narrative becomes more important than the facts involved....

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
One of the good outcomes is the results were leaked so the truth that Barr and Trump were WRONG with their Russian-fed conspiracy leads the news. AG Barr will look the fool if he tries to push a false narrative like he did with the Mueller report.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Gaslighting has become an effective tool for this administration. President Trump is a master of machinations and eristic arguments. The narrative becomes more important than the facts involved....
I like that. We should use the term gaslighting more than just calling out Trump's lies.
Trump is using psy-ops on his own people, us....for nefarious ends.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Hilarious:

Nearly two-thirds of voters in six battleground states who voted for President Trump in 2016 — but for Democratic congressional candidates in 2018 — say they intend to back the president against each of his top rivals

Trump won Michigan, Wisconsin and PA by less than 1%. That was about 80,000 voters total. If 1/3rd of those voters mentioned now vote democratic in 2020..Trump loses.

Thanks for the info.