• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump could be the most honest president in modern history

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Has he paid off the national debt yet? Has he repealed and replaced Obamacare? Is the GDP growing at 4%?
or as your butt Obama said

"a more transparent, collaborative and participatory government"

that you sucked up as truth

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And that’s the honest truth, my friends. MAGA.

Trump lies every day, like any politician does. At the same time, Trump keeps his promises better than all the liars that came before him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc-thiessen-trump-could-be-the-most-honest-president-in-modern-history
this will really bust some libs hearts here

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/melania-trump-says-president-trumps-alleged-affairs-are-not-concern-and-focus-of-mine/ar-BBOhf01?ocid=spartandhp

Obama’s was probably the least transparent administration in history till this one came along.
Disagree,

Again he wasn't perfect but better than average and implemented multiple steps to get there.

A credible source

https://www.historians.org/publications-and-directories/perspectives-on-history/february-2017/how-transparent-was-the-obama-administration

But Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, was more positive. “On his first full day in office, President Obama famously pledged to conduct the most transparent administration in history,” he said. “Though it was imperfectly executed and suffered some reversals, I think that pledge was fulfilled to an impressive extent.”

sear

Mayor
ER #23
I don't know what is meant by that.
But that President Obama was able to keep the UBL / Abadabad raid a secret for a year is quite impressive. Dozens of people could have tipped UBL off, and the raid would have been for naught.
President Carter's hostage rescue attempt in Iran lends Obama's raid context.
Getting it wrong is easy.
Carter proved that in Iran.
Reagan proved that in Beirut.
The elder Bush provided a textbook example of how to do it right, in Kuwait.
Clinton had multiple successful campaigns
The younger Bush demonstrated the wrong way, cost us thousands of troops.

The studious presidents succeed at it.

- uh oh -

middleview

President
Supporting Member
And that’s the honest truth, my friends. MAGA.

Trump lies every day, like any politician does. At the same time, Trump keeps his promises better than all the liars that came before him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc-thiessen-trump-could-be-the-most-honest-president-in-modern-history
He could be, but isn't. He could have the best looking transplant/toupee/scalp reduction surgery of all past American presidents....he doesn't have that going for him either.

sear

Mayor
mv #28

Trump's personality is much easier to understand when we look at Trump's mentor, Roy Cohn.

Roy Cohn participated in the McCarthy hearings, perhaps the most destructive witch-hunt in U.S. political history *.

"Roy Cohn was known by anyone who understood anything about American history as being one of the architects of the most sinister period in American history." *

"They smeared people as communists. They made up charges. They ruined lives. In some cases drove people to suicide. Many people lost their jobs." Marie Brenner / Vanity Fair

mv #28

Trump's personality is much easier to understand when we look at Trump's mentor, Roy Cohn.

Roy Cohn participated in the McCarthy hearings, perhaps the most destructive witch-hunt in U.S. political history *.

"Roy Cohn was known by anyone who understood anything about American history as being one of the architects of the most sinister period in American history." *

"They smeared people as communists. They made up charges. They ruined lives. In some cases drove people to suicide. Many people lost their jobs." Marie Brenner / Vanity Fair
McCarthy was right about a lot of you people.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Obama’s was probably the least transparent administration in history till this one came along.
Nixon: Watergate, Agnew resigns to avoid prison, Nixon resigns to avoid impeachment...the Saturday night massacre.

Reagan: Hud Secretary Sam Pierce takes the 5th in an investigation into $5 billion in missing Hud funds. Deborah Dean went to prison. Iran Contra, North admits he destroyed evidence and smuggled documents out of the pentagon to hide the details of arms sent to Iran. Government money, in violation of the law, is sent to terrorists in Honduras fighting against the government of Nicaragua.

George HW Bush: Immunity for any and all participants in Iran/Contra.

Clinton: Aside from lying about sex....there are the bullshit allegations of all sorts of things...like the travelgate deal. Nothing there.

"W": Lied about WMD in Iraq. Lied about the plan to discredit Joe Wilson by outing his CIA agent wife.

Obama: The IRS stuff...nothing there. Benghazi...terrorist attack kills 4. Wrongdoing by Obama or Clinton? Nope. Wiretap on Page? Legal and authorized by a FISA court.

How you've decided Obama was less transparent is not all that obvious.

sear

Mayor
mm #31

Thanks.
But I was born during those hearings. And even the day after the McCarthy hearings were closed, I had not formulated a political position, or even learned a word.

But perhaps such technical details are not of interest to a person whose position on what has been called the most destructive witch-hunt in U.S. history would comment:
"McCarthy was right about a lot of you people." mm

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Thanks.
But I was born during those hearings. And even the day after the McCarthy hearings were closed, I had not formulated a political position, or even learned a word.
and as we see you are still working on that...but don't stop trying.

But perhaps such technical details are not of interest to a person whose position on what has been called the most destructive witch-hunt in U.S. history would comment:
Back to Kavanaugh again huh?