• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump demands that liberal SCOTUS justices recuse themselves

Bugsy McGurk

President
Wow, another government school paraphraser. You hear what you want to hear instead of what was said.

The Biden rule is the rule that Presidents don't appoint a nominee in a Presidential election year when the Senate and Presidency are in different parties.

It's called the Biden Rule because it was created by Joe Biden.

You're welcome
A “rule” that was never adopted by anybody and that was never applied by anybody. Until Moscow Mitch pissed on the Constitution by refusing to even consider an Obama SCOTUS nominee.

Why are you so ashamed of what Moscow Mitch did that you try to blame it on others?

Aren’t you proud of your cult?

;-)

kaz

Small l libertarian
A “rule” that was never adopted by anybody and that was never applied by anybody. Until Moscow Mitch pissed on the Constitution by refusing to even consider an Obama SCOTUS nominee.

Why are you so ashamed of what Moscow Mitch did that you try to blame it on others?

Aren’t you proud of your cult?

;-)
Wow, I didn't even vote for Trump and I'm in his "cult." What does that make you with Hillary?

I'll wait here while you check with CNN what you think ...

Biden said no nominees from a Republican President to his Democrat Senate in a Presidential election year. What about that do you not understand exactly? Was Biden unclear to you? Do you think he's the doddering idiot that Bernie thinks he is?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Wow, I didn't even vote for Trump and I'm in his "cult." What does that make you with Hillary.

I'll wait here while you check with CNN what you think ...
I like how you say things while laboring under the delusion that anybody will believe a word you say.

;-)

Jack4freedom

Governor
Kavanaugh is a centrist who would have gotten 90+ votes in other times. There sure is nothing extreme about his voting record so far. Hyper-partisan was the disgusting performance of the Democrats. What goes around comes around.

Bork was no more extreme than any Obama or Clinton Presidential appointment. It's the that he was right not left you couldn't handle. You're not against extremists, you want them. You just want leftist extremists
Bork was rejected because he was a Cox Sacker. Read his bio. Bad pick for lifetime appointment to SC. Kavanaugh was a political hack who went out of his way to expose the all the details of the Clinton Lewinsky affair. I am sure he and his buddies Ann Coulter and Kelleyanne Conway were swilling down drinks and laughing their asses off when the stories about cigars and such hit the press. Good for them. But his crybaby act at the Senate hearing showed what a sissy he really is. Matt Damon nailed him good on SNL.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Bork was rejected because he was a Cox Sacker. Read his bio. Bad pick for lifetime appointment to SC. Kavanaugh was a political hack who went out of his way to expose the all the details of the Clinton Lewinsky affair. I am sure he and his buddies Ann Coulter and Kelleyanne Conway were swilling down drinks and laughing their asses off when the stories about cigars and such hit the press. Good for them. But his crybaby act at the Senate hearing showed what a sissy he really is. Matt Damon nailed him good on SNL.
Just more partisan hate. You're not saying anything different than I did. You are in FAVOR of extremists. You only want the leftist ones

Mick

The Right is always right
When did Joe Biden make a RULE stating that Senate can refuse to hold a hearing on SCOTUS nominee? As usual, bunch of crap. You deal in lies and distortions.
It's called the BIDEN rule and his position. I guess this was Biden's long lost twin ranting about election year SCOUTS nominations on the floor of the Senate?:

ROFL. Pull your head out and get off your alt-left propaganda sites. This was well known 3 years ago and widely published. Good lord, you people suffer from brain rot.

kaz

Small l libertarian
I like how you say things while laboring under the delusion that anybody will believe a word you say.

;-)
Here's some interesting data. I know you like facts.

My posts were liked (with the various variations) 23.9% of the time.

Your posts were liked (with the various variations) 8.4% of the time.

So that makes me almost three times as believable as you. Fun fact, huh Bugsy? You're welcome

Mick

Gross misconduct.....More of your typical unfounded lies and distortions.
Yes, gross misconduct. It's reprehensible for a SCOTUS justice to accuse other justices, without evidence, of political bias(like Sotomayor did). It's reprehensible for a SCOTUS justice to publicly comment and bash a sitting President (like Ginsburg did). What leftie accuses others of doing they are ALWAYS doing....and doing far worse. Trump should publicly declare they need to recuse themselves. They've shown through their OWN WORDS that they are the real political clowns on the court.

kaz

Small l libertarian
It's called the BIDEN rule and his position. I guess this was Biden's long lost twin ranting about election year SCOUTS nominations on the floor of the Senate?:

ROFL. Pull your head out and get off your alt-left propaganda sites. This was well known 3 years ago and widely published. Good lord, you people suffer from brain rot.
Yep. And Biden said EXACTLY what Mitch did. No hearings. He didn't even say he'd have Democrats vote them down. He said no hearings until after the election.

Jack4freedom and Bugsy are being exposed for their double standards yet again

Mick

Tough inventing a rule on the fly..unless you don't mind being completely dishonest.

Biden expressed an opinion in the summer of 1992. Just a couple of months before the election.
Obama nominated Garland with 11 months to go until the election.
Wow. Talk about being completely dishonest. Biden made his claim in June 1992. Garland was nominated March 16, 2016 by Obama. So now June is "just a couple months before the election" and March is "11 months to go until the election"? ROFL!!!

Your horrific lying in the same post about calling others "completely dishonest" is one of the greatest self owns this forum has seen in a while.

Good lord, it's dealing with mentally insane idiots around here.

He didn't argue for a delay until the next president began his term, as McConnell is doing. He said the nomination process should be put off until after the election, which was on Nov. 3, 1992.
Uh huh. And if you really believed a SCOTUS nominee would have been punched through during a lame duck session in just a handful of weeks you're a fool.......but that goes without saying. Everyone knows the intent.

Jack4freedom

Governor

Biden or any other blow hard Senator making a typically partisan, self serving statement on the Senate floor does not make it a rule champ. If he had called for a vote and it passed, THEN it would have been a rule. See the difference now? You are so indoctrinated in Ailes/Hannity speak, you don’t even know when you are lying anymore.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Wow. Talk about being completely dishonest. Biden made his claim in June 1992. Garland was nominated March 16, 2016 by Obama. So now June is "just a couple months before the election" and March is "11 months to go until the election"? ROFL!!!

Your horrific lying in the same post about calling others "completely dishonest" is one of the greatest self owns this forum has seen in a while.

Uh huh. And if you really believed a SCOTUS nominee would have been punched through during a lame duck session in just a handful of weeks you're a fool.......but that goes without saying. Everyone knows the intent.

Yep. And in the Biden Rule, Biden specifically stated that it applied during a Presidential election "year." March is obviously within a year of November of the same year.

Democrats are so mind blowingly stupid. Biden said no hearings in a Presidential election year specifically because there was going to be a divisive election. Then Democrats go duh, what does that have to do with Garland. They're the dumbest people on the planet

He says they’re biased against him and should not participate in “Trump-related cases.”

Meanwhile, Trump is fine with GOP Trump/GOP hacks sitting on such cases, including Clarence Thomas, whose wife actually works on behalf of Trump, even helping him with his governmental purges.

Trumplandia! Dear Leader Trump speaks! He demands that all judges be his lackeys!
If only Ginsburg and Sotomayor could have exercised prudence in their public words they'd be free of any legitimate claim of bias. They ruined themselves and harmed the nation.

Last edited:

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yes, gross misconduct. It's reprehensible for a SCOTUS justice to accuse other justices, without evidence, of political bias(like Sotomayor did). It's reprehensible for a SCOTUS justice to publicly comment and bash a sitting President (like Ginsburg did). What leftie accuses others of doing they are ALWAYS doing....and doing far worse. Trump should publicly declare they need to recuse themselves. They've shown through their OWN WORDS that they are the real political clowns on the court.
Yeah, whatever Orangie says goes.....Right champ....Recuse everyone who disagrees with his sleazy tactics....That’s the ticket....lol

middleview

President
Supporting Member

1. Biden was talking about a hypothetical situation in June....assuming that didn't happen the very next day...yes, he was talking about something that might happen in the coming months, making it close to the election.
2. When did Scalia die? Oh...February? 11 months till election. That was when the republicans said they would not consider a nominee.

Yes, you are completely dishonest....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If only Ginsburg and Sotomayor could have exercised prudence in their public words they be free of any legitimate claim of bias. They ruined themselves and harmed the nation.
So I presume Scalia ruined himself and harmed the nation when he criticized Obama?

Mick

Biden or any other blow hard Senator making a typically partisan, self serving statement on the Senate floor does not make it a rule champ.
It did as long as he was Judiciary chairman. He could choose not to have hearings. Think, dimwit.
If he had called for a vote and it passed, THEN it would have been a rule.
McConnell never said he had to hold back because it was rule, simpleton. The fact you are dumb enough to not understand what is being at issue here tells us all we need to know. Under Biden's Judiciary committee it WAS the personal rule of the chairman.

Don't like getting humiliated, do you? Maybe you should stop reading alt-left propaganda.