• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump demands that liberal SCOTUS justices recuse themselves

kaz

Small l libertarian
Not illegal. Slimy but not illegal.
Finally. A Democrat willing to stand up and call Biden slimy for saying he would not hold confirmation for Republican nominations in a Presidential election year. Most Democrats are just hypocrites on the subject. Congratulations for at least having a standard you apply to both parties

EatTheRich

President
Ginsburg called Trump a fraud and said he should resign. That's unconscionable for a justice to even wade into. That's a personal atrack.

And Sotomayor ranted about the court's recent actions helping President Trump. Maybe the justices were trying to DO THE RIGHT THING? Unreal. Her absurd efforts to intimidate is judicial activism. It's trying to taint the court from within. These 2 absolutely should be recused. They've shown their true colors.

I can't decide who the greater liar is on this forum....you or middleview. Cretins.
It’s no secret that the RW justices ignored the law and the facts to get their preferred results.

EatTheRich

President
Finally. A Democrat willing to stand up and call Biden slimy for saying he would not hold confirmation for Republican nominations in a Presidential election year. Most Democrats are just hypocrites on the subject. Congratulations for at least having a standard you apply to both parties
1. I’m not a Democrat.
2. Biden was musing out loud about a hypothetical, not actually applying such a standard under circumstances under which he had a far stronger argument.

kaz

Small l libertarian
1. I’m not a Democrat.
2. Biden was musing out loud about a hypothetical, not actually applying such a standard under circumstances under which he had a far stronger argument.
I like how you said you're not a Democrat, then laid out a load of crap about how Biden didn't mean what he said. Listen to a tape of his speech, he was crystal clear. He was even very specific about not even holding hearings.

But I like it. So if a Republican said they were going to commit armed robbery but didn't do it, you'd defend them, right? You not being a Democrat and all. Democrats can say what they would do, but to you it doesn't count unless they do it. Same standard you have for Republicans ...

Yeah, sure you do. What a joke

Mick

The Right is always right
It’s no secret that the RW justices ignored the law and the facts to get their preferred results.
They've said nothing of politics. The two left wing clowns have. Once again, I'm dealing with facts and the left deals with lies, conspiracies, and innuendo. Evil, sick people.

Bugsy McGurk

President
They've said nothing of politics. The two left wing clowns have. Once again, I'm dealing with facts and the left deals with lies, conspiracies, and innuendo. Evil, sick people.
Nothing of politics?

Crikey, that lying swine Kavanaugh began his hearing by launching into a diatribe against Democrats, accusing them of concocting a plot by getting women to make up their claims of sexual assault by Kavanaugh.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
When did Joe Biden make a RULE stating that Senate can refuse to hold a hearing on SCOTUS nominee? As usual, bunch of crap. You deal in lies and distortions.
Democrats should be careful what they say, do or wish for. It was a precedent set by Joe Biden that was opted by Republicans to table a vote on Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court, months before Trump won the '16 election.
It turned out the be a wise move because we ended up with a strong Conservative on the Court instead of another Lib whacko.

Mick

The Right is always right
Nothing of politics?

Crikey, that lying swine Kavanaugh began his hearing by launching into a diatribe against Democrats, accusing them of concocting a plot by getting women to make up their claims of sexual assault by Kavanaugh.
Jesus Christ, man, Kavanaugh wasn't on the Supreme Court. He was defending himself against lies from the most vile creatures on Earth. He's invoked nothing about politics since joining the Court nor cited politics in his rulings like your evil scum have done.

Disgusting cretin.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Jesus Christ, man, Kavanaugh wasn't on the Supreme Court. He was defending himself against lies from the most vile creatures on Earth. He's invoked nothing about politics since joining the Court nor cited politics in his rulings like your evil scum have done.

Disgusting cretin.
Your absurd defense of Kavanaugh’s underlying wrongdoing does not change the fact - the lying swine literally got on the SCOTUS by going on a tirade against the Democrats.

The guy you say is not political.

;-)

Jack4freedom

Governor
Democrats should be careful what they say, do or wish for. It was a precedent set by Joe Biden that was opted by Republicans to table a vote on Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court, months before Trump won the '16 election.
It turned out the be a wise move because we ended up with a strong Conservative on the Court instead of another Lib whacko.
Garland is anything but a lib whacko. He was Kavanaugh’s boss for 10 years and Kavanaugh respected him along with everyone else who knew of him or appeared before him. You are drinking some bad Kool Ade Jack.

EatTheRich

President
Absolutely not true. Kavanaugh theeatened judicial reprisals against (by name) Democrats during his confirmation hearing.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Garland is anything but a lib whacko. He was Kavanaugh’s boss for 10 years and Kavanaugh respected him along with everyone else who knew of him or appeared before him. You are drinking some bad Kool Ade Jack.
I didn't know anything about him. I just knew he was nominated by Obama so I didn't want him on the Supreme Court.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Garland is a lib whacko

Phat Mama

Council Member
Wow, another government school paraphraser. You hear what you want to hear instead of what was said.

The Biden rule is the rule that Presidents don't appoint a nominee in a Presidential election year when the Senate and Presidency are in different parties.

It's called the Biden Rule because it was created by Joe Biden.

You're welcome

a 1992 speech by then-senator Joe Biden, in which Biden argued that President Bush should wait until after the election to appoint a replacement if a Supreme Court seat became vacant during the summer or should appoint a moderate acceptable to the then-Democratic Senate, as a precedent.

Reactions: kaz

kaz

Small l libertarian
a 1992 speech by then-senator Joe Biden, in which Biden argued that President Bush should wait until after the election to appoint a replacement if a Supreme Court seat became vacant during the summer or should appoint a moderate acceptable to the then-Democratic Senate, as a precedent.
Yep. And even more specifically, he said if the President did appoint a SCOTUS nominee then the Democrat controlled Senate wouldn't even hold hearings

Phat Mama

Council Member
Nothing of politics?

Krikey Kriket!

The Senate requested an additional day 9/27 to grill Kavanaugh about his alleged exploits......
Meaning the END of his Senate grilling.

Kavanaugh was sworn in as the 114th Justice of the Supreme Court on October 6, 2018

Bugsy McGurk

President
Krikey Kriket!

The Senate requested an additional day 9/27 to grill Kavanaugh about his alleged exploits......
Meaning the END of his Senate grilling.

Kavanaugh was sworn in as the 114th Justice of the Supreme Court on October 6, 2018
Of course he was. After his tirade against “the Democrats.” Not at all political, eh?

;-)

Phat Mama

Council Member
Of course he was. After his tirade against “the Democrats.” Not at all political, eh?

;-)
Well, the Democrats shouldn't have tried to frame him.
Shame on them!

If you consider showing anger towards a group of people trying to mess with you and making false claims against your personal character a 'tirade', so be it.

I've looked and cannot find a transcript of this alleged 'tirade'.

Bring it