• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump inherits mess- how Obama's failure in Syria continues to haunt us

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Ask the people who have been getting gassed all along about what a huge accomplishment it was.....

In fact ask them about this specefically

"we got all the chemical weapons out".............
Ask Assad where he got the weapons he has used since then...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
JFC! :eek: Again no. I’m telling you that there are at least two dozen belligerents involved in Syria, all but two of them are fighting to overthrow president Assad and would be interested in president Assad being blamed for any use of chemical weapons. And, Assad lacks control of his borders so any number of ways they could be smuggled in and used with the intent of blaming president Assad. It’s amazing to me how easily patronizing Americans are duped into supporting one gratuitous American war after another. :rolleyes:
It could easily be part of the plan of one, say Al Nusra, to bomb the city controlled by the FSA and blame it on Assad to prompt a response from other countries and it isn't a great feat to produce chlorine gas. Sarin seems a bit more complicated and harder to do.

The other problem is that witnesses claim that the bombs were dropped by aircraft. Making artillery shells is a very complicated task. I would doubt that they are available on the open market and from what I recall, they have a very limited shelf life.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
f
That’s a failure to understand the complexities between Shi’a and Sunni that predate the existence of ignorant America on such matters.
I agree that we are ignorant of the religious and tribal nature of the conflicts between the various parties in Iraq. Add to that the corruption of the Maliki government in both confronting the Sunnis and Kurds as well as weakening the Iraqi army and strengthening ISIS.

It could easily be part of the plan of one, say Al Nusra, to bomb the city controlled by the FSA and blame it on Assad to prompt a response from other countries and it isn't a great feat to produce chlorine gas. Sarin seems a bit more complicated and harder to do.

The other problem is that witnesses claim that the bombs were dropped by aircraft. Making artillery shells is a very complicated task. I would doubt that they are available on the open market and from what I recall, they have a very limited shelf life.
Well, and that’s what complicates things so. Two countries are operational within the sovereign borders of Syria legally, Iran and Russia, (and perhaps Lebanon with Hezbollah). We should never be committing force in another country without the legitimacy of a United Nations resolution.

f

I agree that we are ignorant of the religious and tribal nature of the conflicts between the various parties in Iraq. Add to that the corruption of the Maliki government in both confronting the Sunnis and Kurds as well as weakening the Iraqi army and strengthening ISIS.
Indeed all that and, Bush’s failure to recognize those things and the gift he gave to Iran by making the Shiite sympathizer Malaki in charge to begin with.

S

Sickofleft

Ask Assad where he got the weapons he has used since then...
Wonderful narrative we now have from the Left as they attempt to cover the utter failures of the Obama Administration. Any chemical weapons used since the miracle that is Obama rid the land of chemical weapons were made last week.............:rolleyes:

Wonderful narrative we now have from the Left as they attempt to cover the utter failures of the Obama Administration. Any chemical weapons used since the miracle that is Obama rid the land of chemical weapons were made last week.............:rolleyes:
Again, would you kindly provide proof that president Assad ordered chemical attacks on his own citizens. I’m thinking we have a lot of people here that don’t know that president Assad does not have operational control of all of Syria’s borders, or that there are nearly two dozen countries/organizations that are operational in Syria, any number of which would LOVE for president Assad to be blamed for attacking his own. No wonder the ME is so fvcked up!!!!

S

Sickofleft

Again, would you kindly provide proof that president Assad ordered chemical attacks on his own citizens. I’m thinking we have a lot of people here that don’t know that president Assad does not have operational control of all of Syria’s borders, or that there are nearly two dozen countries/organizations that are operational in Syria, any number of which would LOVE for president Assad to be blamed for attacking his own. No wonder the ME is so fvcked up!!!!
You keep saying that over and over again, "Operational control of Syrian Borders"....ohhh I think between the Iran and its Proxies along with the Russians I am sure they have more control over their borders then you will ever admit.....

but hey keep clinging to that....and maybe you can answer the question as it pertains to the barrel bombs with Chlorine in them.....again if you guys who find it so hard to believe that Assad gassed anyone.....who then dropped those bombs....since he got away with it is it really that much of a stretch that he continued gassing people by other means???

and maybe you can answer the question as it pertains to the barrel bombs with Chlorine in them.....again if you guys who find it so hard to believe that Assad gassed anyone.....who then dropped those bombs....since he got away with it is it really that much of a stretch that he continued gassing people by other means???
The delivery method has not been proven, sorry. You lack the ability to provide either motive or proof that president Assad’s military carried out the attacks. And more, there is no authorization for Trump to interfere in Syria to begin with.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Good gawd!!! The war powers act allows a president to commit troops in an emergency wherein the US is under attack or under threat of imminent attack and there isn’t sufficient time to consult congress and then for 90 days. NO SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES EXISTED. Which is why Obama made three attempts to get authorization from the UN and failing that sough authorization from congress, and failing to get that resorted to smuggling arms that had been confiscated from Gadaffis army out of the CIA annex in Benghazi to the rebels fighting to topple Assad in Syria.
We have troops on the ground who could be in peril of being attacked by chemical weapons. Perhaps the president acted to protect them.

S

Sickofleft

The delivery method has not been proven, sorry. You lack the ability to provide either motive or proof that president Assad’s military carried out the attacks. And more, there is no authorization for Trump to interfere in Syria to begin with.
The delivery method for the barrel bombs has been proven and documented. I ask you again, nobody fighting Assad has air power so please tell us who did............

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/assad-drops-almost-70-000-barrel-bombs-on-syria-study-finds-1.692570

The study notes that between July 2012 and December 2017, no less than 68,334 barrel bombs were dropped by Syrian regime helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, resulting in at least 10,763 deaths, many of them civilian.

Gosh that is a lot of chlorine gas to drop by a guy who supposedly scared to death of getting bombed by Obama for using chemical weapons..........

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The delivery method for the barrel bombs has been proven and documented. I ask you again, nobody fighting Assad has air power so please tell us who did............

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/assad-drops-almost-70-000-barrel-bombs-on-syria-study-finds-1.692570

The study notes that between July 2012 and December 2017, no less than 68,334 barrel bombs were dropped by Syrian regime helicopters and fixed wing aircraft, resulting in at least 10,763 deaths, many of them civilian.

Gosh that is a lot of chlorine gas to drop by a guy who supposedly scared to death of getting bombed by Obama for using chemical weapons..........
From your link:

The report also charts the Assad regime’s use of chemical agents, deployed through barrel bombs. It states that in 2014 the regime began “adding poison chemical substances in the form of cylinders carrying a poison gas” to the bombs, noting 87 instances of attacks with poisoned barrel bombs. The first having taken place on April 10th 2014 in Kafr Zita, a northern suburb of Hama.

So it seems that we are actually talking about 87 attacks from 2014 to 2018. The gas used is not identified. Since the explosion itself destroys a lot of chemical agents that might be deployed using a barrel full of explosives...it would be useful to know what evidence there was of actual gas and what that gas was.

S

Sickofleft

From your link:

The report also charts the Assad regime’s use of chemical agents, deployed through barrel bombs. It states that in 2014 the regime began “adding poison chemical substances in the form of cylinders carrying a poison gas” to the bombs, noting 87 instances of attacks with poisoned barrel bombs. The first having taken place on April 10th 2014 in Kafr Zita, a northern suburb of Hama.

So it seems that we are actually talking about 87 attacks from 2014 to 2018. The gas used is not identified. Since the explosion itself destroys a lot of chemical agents that might be deployed using a barrel full of explosives...it would be useful to know what evidence there was of actual gas and what that gas was.
Yes because apparently gassing people with Chlorine was OK your problem is when and what they added to it in order to make it look like less of a debacle for the Obama Administration then it already is...?????.......................

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes because apparently gassing people with Chlorine was OK your problem is when and what they added to it in order to make it look like less of a debacle for the Obama Administration then it already is...?????.......................
Obama forced Assad to destroy 1,300 tons of chemical and bio weapons. A couple of years later he comes up with enough of something (possibly chlorine) to drop bombs 87 times...some of them while Trump has been in office and you call that a debacle. The fact is that no Americans were killed and it cost the US nothing.

Now Trump has bombed an empty airfield and Assad still used gas on his own citizens...so a year later he bombs a bunch of empty buildings and calls it a victory....

The latest attack cost the US about $100 million based on the cost of the average cruise missile....Would you say Trump's efforts amount to a debacle? Nah.....