• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Is Falling Almost 1 Million Jobs Short Vs. Obama - not best Economy ever as claimed

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
The unemployment rate was reduced 3.1% by Obama and just 1% so far by trump. Trump inherited an awesome economy.

Americans understand this. That’s why the average approval rating of Obama is 9 points higher than trump’s.

The unintelligent will say “but but but on one certain day, trump was higher than Obama.” But of course that’s just an inability to understand the big picture.

The unintelligent put out lying hit pieces like the one above. The unintelligent are dumb enough to believe them.

Since you're dumb enough to go for charts, let's play.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trumps-inclusive-jobs-boom/

Trump's 'Inclusive' Jobs Boom
Jobs: With 228,000 jobs created in November, joblessness at a 17-year low of 4.1% and wages rising, it can no longer really be doubted: Donald Trump's relentless focus on tax cuts, deregulation and draining the swamp is great for job growth.

Even some normally critical media now admit the economy's underlying shift: "The American job market is the strongest it's been in a decade, and arguably the strongest since 2000," wrote The New York Times on Friday.

Thing is, my sources are accurate. Yours are not.

As far as unintelligent goes, perhaps you shouldn't have dropped out of the third grade. You clearly do not know anything.
Your post shows a 592 billion deficit, we ALL KNOW THE DEFICIT IS OVER 1 TRILLION - how can you post non factual information. A simple search this morning shows 1 trillion dollar deficit, and rising - yes even Fox News REPORTS THAT.

Your Post above show -2.9 million jobs added - you obviously have Obama and Bush confused. One is white the other is black - ok?

So I ask who is unintelligent - those who post KNOWN FALSE FACTS

Here are real FACTS !

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/us-deficit-tops-trillion-first-time-since-2012-trump-promise-2019-9-1028524507

Trump promised to get rid of the deficit in 8 years. But it just topped $1 trillion for the first time since 2012.

• President Donald Trump said as a candidate in 2016 that he would completely eliminate the national debt within eight years.
  • But the US has moved the opposite direction since then as spending steadily outpaced receipts.
  • The national deficit topped $1 trillion in the first 11 months of the fiscal year, the Treasury Department said this week.
  • Visit the Markets Insider homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump has for years criticized politicians on both sides of the aisle for the size of the federal debt. But it has continued to jump on his watch, surpassing $22 trillion this year.

"TIME TO CUT, CAP AND BALANCE," he wrote on Twitter in 2011. "There is no revenue problem.The Debt Limit cannot be raised until Obama spending is contained."

D

Deleted member 21794

So you speak for Nutty now, how honorable for you to take up for the resident crossdresser. Is Bill Maher running for office ? I thought Bill Maher was a looney leftist loudmouth who should be thrown off of HBO but TODAY he is a TRUSTED quotable news source - ok got it - whatever fits today's narrative - TYPICALLY RIGHT WING BEHAVIOR

btw - b1tch slap - ok we all have dreams don't we.................
This is an open board. We reply to any post we desire. And it's too late to add qualifiers and caveats. You got your ass kicked. AGAIN. Have some dignity.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Un-Spinning the Trump, Obama GDP Numbers
https://www.barrons.com/articles/un-spinning-the-trump-obama-gdp-numbers-51553801603

Un-Spinning the Trump, Obama GDP Numbers

By

Gene Epstein
March 28, 2019 3:33 pm ET
  • Order Reprints
  • Print Article

With the update on growth of real gross domestic product in fourth quarter 2018, announced Thursday morning by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, it’s time to update our scorecard on the performance of the economy under President Trump.

We’ll start with the best that can be said on behalf of Trump-o-Nomics. While fourth-quarter GDP was revised down to an annualized 2.3% from 2.6%, it was still up by a respectable 3% from fourth quarter 2017. In the seven-quarter period so far under President Trump (following the convention of attributing an incoming president’s first quarter to his predecessor), growth ran an equally respectable 2.9%.

Photo: Brett Raney
Compared with that 2.9%, Trump triumphalists might point out that during President Obama’s 31 quarters—from the start of the expansion in third-quarter 2009 through first-quarter 2017—growth ran just 2.2%. Against nominal GDP of $20 trillion, the 0.7% margin amounts to an extra $140 billion, which is hardly chump change.

But more must be said. It’s a bit misleading to compare a seven-quarter performance with one lasting more than four times longer. The chart on this page comes closer to an apples-to-apples comparison.

The chart tracks the annualized percentage gain in real GDP over rolling seven quarters from 2011 to the present. Notice that in 2014 and 2015, there were seven-quarter periods that did about as well or slightly better than the most recent seven quarters. The most you can claim is that Obama’s final seven quarters, ending in first-quarter 2017, ran a thudding 1.5%, while his successor somehow pulled that out of the basement, boosting it to 2.7%. But that claim seems premature this early in the game.

This impartial scorecard should be contrasted with the approach taken by different partisans—since they might well reveal their partiality again.

Take a case of spinning the results in Trump’s favor. Speaking of “an economic takeoff that had failed to occur under the policies of the previous administration,” former Senator Phil Gramm claimed in a Wall Street Journal op-ed that “real gross domestic product grew by 3.1% from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018—the largest rise in 13 years.” In other words, you had to reach back 13 years, under George W. Bush, to find a comparable performance. The clear implication was that nothing like this had ever been seen on Obama’s watch.

That 3.1% is now 3%, but Gramm could have made the same statement and it would have been technically correct. You have to reach back 13 years to find a calendar year in which fourth quarter over fourth quarter growth ran 3%. But an impartial approach would be to ask whether 3% growth had occurred over any four-quarter period. Otherwise, you’re merely capitalizing on the arbitrary fact that we westerners prefer to declare a New Year every Jan. 1—rather than on, say, July 1.

There was in fact more than one four-quarter period over the past several years when growth ran 3% or better. The most recent was second-quarter 2015, when real GDP was 3.4% higher than the second quarter of 2014.

Now for a case of spinning the results in Trump’s disfavor. “President Trump likes to brag about the supposedly booming economy,” wrote New York Times columnist David Leonhardt shortly after the first estimate of fourth quarter growth was released. To puncture this bragging, Leonardt observed that, “GDP growth has still not reached 3% in any year, and 3% isn’t a very high bar.”

He’s right that 3% is not a very high bar. But how could he claim that growth had not run 3% when the data then showed growth of 3.1%, since revised to 3%? The answer is that he chose to spin the results by comparing GDP in full calendar years rather than the generally preferred method of comparing a calendar quarter with the same quarter a year earlier.

The different methods do not yield very different results in this case. Calendar-year growth was 2.9% in 2018, matched by 2.9% in 2015. But here’s a simple example that shows why the quarterly year-over-year method of calculating growth is the standard—preferred, for example, by the Federal Reserve’s Federal Open Market Committee.

From an impartial perspective, however, the real question remains: How will the economy do through this year and the next? Right now, the consensus is not very optimistic.

D

Deleted member 21794

So a person who is a talk show host is your news source and that " kicked my ass "

wow......................................really reaching far into the Trump barrell, next you will be quoting your next door neighbor.........lmao
You poor thing. You tried to move the goal posts AFTER THE FACT. Here is what you said:

"Can you point to one anti trumper publicaly stating they want a recession ? go__________"

No mention of caveats. "anti-trumper" was your threshold. I simply confronted you with what you asked for. You should really thank me for educating you rather than flop around trying to pretend I didn't provide exactly what you asked for.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
You poor thing. You tried to move the goal posts AFTER THE FACT. Here is what you said:

"Can you point to one anti trumper publicaly stating they want a recession ? go__________"

No mention of caveats. "anti-trumper" was your threshold. I simply confronted you with what you asked for. You should really thank me for educating you rather than flop around trying to pretend I didn't provide exactly what you asked for.
Anti Trumper is how I refer to the same people on here, probably used the phrase a hundred times but that's ok , you can run down to McDONALDS AND TELL THEM HOW YOU KICKED MY ASS ALL OVER THE PLACE - We all have dreams...........

D

Deleted member 21794

Anti Trumper is how I refer to the same people on here, probably used the phrase a hundred times but that's ok , you can run down to McDONALDS AND TELL THEM HOW YOU KICKED MY ASS ALL OVER THE PLACE - We all have dreams...........
I'm fine just posting here and to you about how you got your ass kicked. Besides, I wouldn't want to bother you at your place of employment.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh.

Can fry more posts. or we could agree to not be dickish in our posting.

seems a waste to see some do all that typing only to have it erased cause they cant control their urge.,.to..well..be dickish.

be like bill and ted...excellent to one another...

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Sigh.

Can fry more posts. or we could agree to not be dickish in our posting.

seems a waste to see some do all that typing only to have it erased cause they cant control their urge.,.to..well..be dickish.

be like bill and ted...excellent to one another...
Did bill and Ted ever bleed from the eyes while filming?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
good question. could be.

hey..did you know they are making a third bill n ted...
Is it going to be like John wick where everyone gets shot, slashed or run over?

Actually I never watched the first all the way thru. Seemed boring to me

D

Deleted member 21794

good question. could be.

hey..did you know they are making a third bill n ted...
There's no way it'll be as good as the originals. If nothing else, it will be ruined by political correctness.