• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump is tweeting conspiracies galore

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Trump has shown himself to be low information or no information in his tweets. Does that inspire confidence? His dishonesty is unraveling any faith a foreign ally might have in him.

Sorry, I see him as appearing to be unreliable at best.
The only people that read his tweets are his subscribers which is his base who believe in him and cnn who then makes an entire days news off of each tweet.

I cannot comment on your post as I don't read his tweets but tweets are only x amount of characters long so anyone that reads them can read them the way that person wants to read them. They aren't policy, they aren't voted on or signed into law, they are 100% meaningless.

Just a way for his base to get excited and his political opponents to tear him down.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The only people that read his tweets are his subscribers which is his base who believe in him and cnn who then makes an entire days news off of each tweet.

I cannot comment on your post as I don't read his tweets but tweets are only x amount of characters long so anyone that reads them can read them the way that person wants to read them. They aren't policy, they aren't voted on or signed into law, they are 100% meaningless.

Just a way for his base to get excited and his political opponents to tear him down.
I'd venture to guess that foreign governments monitor all of Trump's communications.
If for no other reason than amusement.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Odd that you say statements made by the US president are “meaningless.” Why?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Or is our con friend trying to make the opposite claim from Mueller's findings....Russia's use of social media to foment division and spread falsehoods....to help Trump and hurt Hillary in 2016?
It’s Trumplandia, where up is down.

The fact is that Google and all other web outlets endlessly linked to, and published, accounts spreading the “fruits” of the Trump/Kremlin crimes, including their fake news campaigns and distorted versions of the emails stolen from the Dems. The assistance of web outlets in disseminating such lies was critical to Trump’s electoral victory, so Trump falsely claims the opposite occurred.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Trump has shown himself to be low information or no information in his tweets. Does that inspire confidence? His dishonesty is unraveling any faith a foreign ally might have in him.

Sorry, I see him as appearing to be unreliable at best.
I couldn't vote for him for just that reason. So I get it. But the tweets are meaningless. He is like a grade school gossip/bully. Luckily the only way he can do anything is to actually sign bills into law. Checks and balances is a beautiful thing. Thinking tweets mean anything at all is just partisan hackery.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Odd that you say statements made by the US president are “meaningless.” Why?
I already answered that. Tweets are text on your screen. Most people don't even read them. They aren't laws or anything that affect anyone except those that want them to be real so they can spin them, like yourself. You love his tweets. You get up in the morning and hope he tweeted some nonsense while you were sleeping so that you can spin it and post about in on PJ...sad

Nostra

Governor
If only Trump had actually done something that made things better than they were in January 2017.
Beyond the tax cuts, Trump has eliminated over 1200 Obama era regulations that stifled economic growth, which is why GDP growth under Obama sucked.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I already answered that. Tweets are text on your screen. Most people don't even read them. They aren't laws or anything that affect anyone except those that want them to be real so they can spin them, like yourself. You love his tweets. You get up in the morning and hope he tweeted some nonsense while you were sleeping so that you can spin it and post about in on PJ...sad
You’re making this about me. Try to put me out of the discussion if you can.

You said the statements of the US president via Twitter are meaningless. Why? Are all statements of a US president meaningless? Just those delivered via Twitter? Should they all just be ignored?

My view is that Trump’s tweets are particularly illuminating. They are not filtered. They provide his actual views, as disturbing as they are. They carry considerable meaning. I understand why many people are embarrassed by his tweets - they should be. But that is not a convincing reason to ask that they be ignored.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
You’re making this about me. Try to put me out of the discussion if you can.

You said the statements of the US president via Twitter are meaningless. Why? Are all statements of a US president meaningless? Just those delivered via Twitter? Should they all just be ignored?

My view is that Trump’s tweets are particularly illuminating. They are not filtered. They provide his actual views, as disturbing as they are. They carry considerable meaning. I understand why many people are embarrassed by his tweets - they should be. But that is not a convincing reason to ask that they be ignored.
Correct his views are not normal but they basically equate to bullying and a knee jerk reaction similar to a drunk tweet or a drunk phone call. They are not policy or have anything to do with the real world. They are simply a crybaby whining to his base about someone who said something bad about him.

And yes you wake up every morning hoping that the sitting president tweeted something stupid so you can go on and on about it all day long on pj even though the tweet was not put into law or even considered.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I couldn't vote for him for just that reason. So I get it. But the tweets are meaningless. He is like a grade school gossip/bully. Luckily the only way he can do anything is to actually sign bills into law. Checks and balances is a beautiful thing. Thinking tweets mean anything at all is just partisan hackery.
Here, read a tweet.....from the idiot.

1. Our Economy is very strong, despite the horrendous lack of vision by Jay Powell and the Fed, but the Democrats are trying to “will” the Economy to be bad for purposes of the 2020 Election. Very Selfish! Our dollar is so strong that it is sadly hurting other parts of the world...

11,016 replies 19,188 retweets 83,263 likes
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
.....The Fed Rate, over a fairly short period of time, should be reduced by at least 100 basis points, with perhaps some quantitative easing as well. If that happened, our Economy would be even better, and the World Economy would be greatly and quickly enhanced-good for everyone!

8:26 AM - 19 Aug 2019

Bear Claw

President

So you posted and said the POTUS is a grade school bully?

Glad to hear it!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Correct his views are not normal but they basically equate to bullying and a knee jerk reaction similar to a drunk tweet or a drunk phone call. They are not policy or have anything to do with the real world. They are simply a crybaby whining to his base about someone who said something bad about him.

And yes you wake up every morning hoping that the sitting president tweeted something stupid so you can go on and on about it all day long on pj even though the tweet was not put into law or even considered.
I’ll just ignore your repetitive ad hominem attack about me. Quite boring, and irrelevant.

You don’t really address what I said. I have yet to see you make the case that statements of a president should be ignored, be they made via Twitter or otherwise. Your overall reaction seems to be that they should be ignored because they are idiotic. Seems to me that a president’s idiotic statements should not be ignored. Indeed, they confirm that such a president should not hold office. You seem to disagree with that, but you don’t explain why.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I agree, President FDR had his unfiltered fireside chats... Trump has his unfiltered Twitter chats. :)

Bugsy McGurk

President

1. Our Economy is very strong, despite the horrendous lack of vision by Jay Powell and the Fed, but the Democrats are trying to “will” the Economy to be bad for purposes of the 2020 Election. Very Selfish! Our dollar is so strong that it is sadly hurting other parts of the world...

.....The Fed Rate, over a fairly short period of time, should be reduced by at least 100 basis points, with perhaps some quantitative easing as well. If that happened, our Economy would be even better, and the World Economy would be greatly and quickly enhanced-good for everyone!

Trump is already laying out his excuses for an economic downturn...

1. The Fed
2. The media
3. The Democrats (by trying to “will” a downturn)

;-)

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the fed does their job without worrying about what the president tweets.

Looks like exactly what I have been describing, a 3rd grade bully trying to intimidate someone which of course has no affect on grown adults. But yes CNN will make hours worth of programming off of this tweet.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure the fed does their job without worrying about what the president tweets.

Looks like exactly what I have been describing, a 3rd grade bully trying to intimidate someone which of course has no affect on grown adults. But yes CNN will make hours worth of programming off of this tweet.
Keep pretending.

Bugsy McGurk

President

There’s not much doubt but that Trump intimidated the Fed into their last rate hike (with his tactics including the threat of firing the Fed chairman if he didn’t do what Trump wanted).