• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump is tweeting conspiracies galore

Days

Commentator
I told you - the most recent Fed rate cut, which came out of left field after Trump browbeat the Fed for not cutting rates, even threatening to fire the Fed chairman. That one.
The July rate cut to the FED funds rate? The rate cut that the FED signalled they were going to do as early as June? You think that was because of Trump?

If Trump was able to sway the FED for a rate cut, it would be the first time a president pulled that off. pretty impressive, donchathink?

Caroljo

Senator
Easy

YOU are the rating abuser here. I gave you none.

Prove otherwise.

or GFY

6 and counting today so far..

ROFFLMAAO

You are making a fool of yourself for all to see.
How are you going to show @Emily that you want to make this board better? You agreed with her that you would. You've lost! I knew you couldn't do it! Good job loser! Lol!

Bugsy McGurk

President
The July rate cut to the FED funds rate? The rate cut that the FED signalled they were going to do as early as June? You think that was because of Trump?

If Trump was able to sway the FED for a rate cut, it would be the first time a president pulled that off. pretty impressive, donchathink?
Of course it was because of Trump. He even threatened to fire the Fed chief over the Fed rates. You should pay attention to current events.

EatTheRich

President
Like you said; tweets are extremely short. Tweeters have a language of their own, it is koptic/synoptic, it has to be translated in good faith. You can characterize a tweet anyway you want, you can characterize policy anyway you want; you can probably paint any president we have ever had as a bully. This administration has bent over backwards for its appointees, more so than any of its immediate predecessors. You have to bear in mind that the mass media is constantly on the attack... Trump is constantly on the defense... I haven't heard anyone say his governing style is abusive. He doesn't bully his staff. You drank the kool-aid. This is yet another attack thread from Julie, her whole existence here is centered on attacking Trump. I can't see any justifications for those attacks, they are contrived, and they are the result of her political agenda; they certainly are not fair and unbiased assessments.

Can you give one example of Trump actually being a bully? hint: I'm not looking for tweets, I'm looking for real world behavior.
1 example: he separated children from their parents and tortured them in concentration camps in an effort to deter refugees from seeking asylum.

Nostra

Governor
It’s not as if the president has some sort of “bully pulpit” ... what you really mean is that they are embarrassing.
What is embarrassing is how Democrats piss their pants every time he tweets.

He plays you fools on a daily basis.:D

Days

Commentator
Of course it was because of Trump. He even threatened to fire the Fed chief over the Fed rates. You should pay attention to current events.
heh heh, if you want to credit the president for a rate drop, go ahead. But I'm pretty sure they take votes for that sort of thing. Bankers own the govt, they really do not care what the president wants. But I'll humor you on this one cuz we have a test case right in front of us... so let's see if the FED drops the rate 1% according to Trump's demands.

The .25% drop last month was going to happen no matter what. There was only two dissenting votes. But I'll grant you, if the FED drops the rate another 1% this year... that would be only because of the president, otherwise, there is no way in hell they are doing that. So, let's watch and see what happens.

Bugsy McGurk

President
heh heh, if you want to credit the president for a rate drop, go ahead. But I'm pretty sure they take votes for that sort of thing. Bankers own the govt, they really do not care what the president wants. But I'll humor you on this one cuz we have a test case right in front of us... so let's see if the FED drops the rate 1% according to Trump's demands.

The .25% drop last month was going to happen no matter what. There was only two dissenting votes. But I'll grant you, if the FED drops the rate another 1% this year... that would be only because of the president, otherwise, there is no way in hell they are doing that. So, let's watch and see what happens.
I don’t “credit” Trump for the rate cut. I blame him for it. There was no legitimate economic reason to cut the rate. It was cut only to placate the wackjob-in-chief. Speculating over whether they will do it again is not material to the question of whether Trump coercion made it happen already.

Days

Commentator
I don’t “credit” Trump for the rate cut. I blame him for it. There was no legitimate economic reason to cut the rate. It was cut only to placate the wackjob-in-chief. Speculating over whether they will do it again is not material to the question of whether Trump coercion made it happen already.
I mean it is fun to listen to your take:

"There was no legitimate economic reason to cut the rate."
Bugsy

If you say so Bugs. I mean you are disregarding the entire history of the FED, but why should we count that? We have you to guide us.

The FED raises and lowers the FED funds rate in response to the inflation of the money supply. They commonly will do that in increments, and watch how the GDP reacts. When they are on a run, raising rates, they almost always continue up until they see a solid reaction; then they usually correct with a .25% drop to stop the bleeding. After that, they will watch it for 6 months, see how it is holding. So, like I said, if the FED drops the Fund rate 1% this year, you may be onto something. I love a good conspiracy theory. But I doubt to beat hell it is going to happen, but let's watch and find out.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I mean it is fun to listen to your take:

"There was no legitimate economic reason to cut the rate."
Bugsy

If you say so Bugs. I mean you are disregarding the entire history of the FED, but why should we count that? We have you to guide us.

The FED raises and lowers the FED funds rate in response to the inflation of the money supply. They commonly will do that in increments, and watch how the GDP reacts. When they are on a run, raising rates, they almost always continue up until they see a solid reaction; then they usually correct with a .25% drop to stop the bleeding. After that, they will watch it for 6 months, see how it is holding. So, like I said, if the FED drops the Fund rate 1% this year, you may be onto something. I love a good conspiracy theory. But I doubt to beat hell it is going to happen, but let's watch and find out.
You’re obviously deadset on pretending Trump did not coerce the rate cut, despite doing things like threatening to fire the Fed chairman. Reality seems of no interest to you.

Trump’s rap sheet on the Fed...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-30/all-the-trump-quotes-on-powell-as-fed-remains-in-the-firing-line

Days

Commentator
You’re obviously deadset on pretending Trump did not coerce the rate cut, despite doing things like threatening to fire the Fed chairman. Reality seems of no interest to you.

Trump’s rap sheet on the Fed...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-30/all-the-trump-quotes-on-powell-as-fed-remains-in-the-firing-line
the first paragraph of your linked article:

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has been publicly criticized by President Donald Trump for raising interest rates in 2018 and shrinking its balance sheet. Trump said the steps will stifle the economy’s growth, and continued to attack the U.S. central bank even after it cut rates in July and halted the run-off of its securities holdings.

You do understand that the FED has an iron fist control over interest, right? The FED can not necessarily get the economy moving, but they sure as hell can stop it dead in its tracks.

So, the FED target rate for growth has always been 3%. The FED is supposed to raise or lower interest rates so that the economy grows at 3%. But now Trump comes into office, drops taxes and gets the economy growing. The FED for their part, changes the target rate for growth to 2%. They then jack up rates four or five times, I lost count and shrink their balance sheet, which means they stopped lending and started shrinking the money supply. So they clamped down on the economy real hard, as if there was any justification for only wanting to grow at 2%. Any president would be pissed. But let me ask you; did the FED listen to the president? Nope, they shut him down. Guarantee, they won't listen to his demands to drop the Funds Rate another 1% this year, either. watch and see.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
What is embarrassing is how Democrats piss their pants every time he tweets.

He plays you fools on a daily basis.:D
I’m obviously not a Trump fan. I wish he’d shut the frig up and just work. But, good grief, he trolls the crap out of reflexive, reactionary lefty. I don’t like his tweets, but he sure has these kooks on a string.

But, again, I wish he’d act like a President rather than a high school kid.

Days

Commentator
I’m obviously not a Trump fan. I wish he’d shut the frig up and just work. But, good grief, he trolls the crap out of reflexive, reactionary lefty. I don’t like his tweets, but he sure has these kooks on a string.

But, again, I wish he’d act like a President rather than a high school kid.
It is only going to get worse. Every political advisor out there is screaming at their candidates to use the internet. Build their numbers. Trump is doing exactly what he was told to do... as nauseating as it feels right now, it is the new norm, it will not go away if someone else wins the white house.

Bugsy McGurk

President
the first paragraph of your linked article:

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has been publicly criticized by President Donald Trump for raising interest rates in 2018 and shrinking its balance sheet. Trump said the steps will stifle the economy’s growth, and continued to attack the U.S. central bank even after it cut rates in July and halted the run-off of its securities holdings.

You do understand that the FED has an iron fist control over interest, right? The FED can not necessarily get the economy moving, but they sure as hell can stop it dead in its tracks.

So, the FED target rate for growth has always been 3%. The FED is supposed to raise or lower interest rates so that the economy grows at 3%. But now Trump comes into office, drops taxes and gets the economy growing. The FED for their part, changes the target rate for growth to 2%. They then jack up rates four or five times, I lost count and shrink their balance sheet, which means they stopped lending and started shrinking the money supply. So they clamped down on the economy real hard, as if there was any justification for only wanting to grow at 2%. Any president would be pissed. But let me ask you; did the FED listen to the president? Nope, they shut him down. Guarantee, they won't listen to his demands to drop the Funds Rate another 1% this year, either. watch and see.
You ask “did the Fed listen to the president?” I told you the answer four times: Yes! He demanded they cut the rate, and they did it. They did the opposite of “shutting him down.”

You hate reality with a passion.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It is only going to get worse. Every political advisor out there is screaming at their candidates to use the internet. Build their numbers. Trump is doing exactly what he was told to do... as nauseating as it feels right now, it is the new norm, it will not go away if someone else wins the white house.
Sad stuff, Days. It’s not like I’m some highbrow, but the constant CONSTANT social media crap is tiresome.

#getoffmylawn
#gonnagoyellatacloudnow

Days

Commentator
You ask “did the Fed listen to the president?” I told you the answer four times: Yes! He demanded they cut the rate, and they did it. They did the opposite of “shutting him down.”

You hate reality with a passion.
okay that was just stupid. I hate when you play stupid.
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell has been publicly criticized by President Donald Trump for raising interest rates in 2018 and shrinking its balance sheet."