• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump: Let’s stop hurricanes with nukes

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
I'll believe the president before I believe an unnamed source by a liberal rag.

Dino

Russian Asset
I'll believe the president before I believe an unnamed source by a liberal rag.
I like this part of his link best: CNN has not been able to independently verify the report.

Yet this is something they will run with, share with their lefty minions, and then dishonest and disreputable leftists can post and presume it’s the truth because they say so.
You’d think with how wrong they’ve been on almost everything that they’d learn to regulate themselves.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
This was Trump repeating a nutty conspiracy theory.

The idea of using nuclear bombs "to counteract convection currents" was floated during the Eisenhower administration and has continued to resurface even though government scientists have said it will not work.

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in an online fact sheet titled "Tropical Cyclone Myths Page," detonating a nuclear weapon over a hurricane "might not even alter the storm," and the idea "neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems."

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
This was Trump repeating a nutty conspiracy theory.

The idea of using nuclear bombs "to counteract convection currents" was floated during the Eisenhower administration and has continued to resurface even though government scientists have said it will not work.

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in an online fact sheet titled "Tropical Cyclone Myths Page," detonating a nuclear weapon over a hurricane "might not even alter the storm," and the idea "neglects the problem that the released radioactive fallout would fairly quickly move with the tradewinds to affect land areas and cause devastating environmental problems."
Link with source_______________________go
surely ONE, just ONE prog has the name of the source.

Did progs go bat shit crazy when Ike ask of it?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Link with source_______________________go
surely ONE, just ONE prog has the name of the source.

Did progs go bat shit crazy when Ike ask of it?
1. Trump tends to fire people for making him look bad.
2. Ike asked at a time when we knew far less about radiation.

Bronwyn

Reputable news has a real source and is unafraid to publish their names. Leftwing rags promote conspiracy theories for the liberal sheeple to swallow and regurgitate without verification. Have to love the pavlovian conditioning they have over all the liberals.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Reputable news has a real source and is unafraid to publish their names. Leftwing rags promote conspiracy theories for the liberal sheeple to swallow and regurgitate without verification. Have to love the pavlovian conditioning they have over all the liberals.
My fearless prediction - it will become clear that this story is true, and you people will then switch to praising your Dear Leader for his wisdom in suggesting nuking hurricanes.

;-)

Bronwyn

My fearless prediction - it will become clear that this story is true, and you people will then switch to praising your Dear Leader for his wisdom in suggesting nuking hurricanes.

;-)
If the story was true then why are they declining to name the source? It's quite amusing to watch liberals flailing around trying to support fake news outlets.

EatTheRich

President
If the story was true then why are they declining to name the source? It's quite amusing to watch liberals flailing around trying to support fake news outlets.
Presumably because the source spoke on condition that he/she not be named. My guess is the administration leaked this story to distract us from the economy and from right-wing terrorist attacks.