• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump loses to Obama...in monthly job gains

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Yes, in fact that would be the time you'd expect to see the STRONGEST job gains. So then, how does that compare?
That's not true. We had to wait for the passage and impact of the ARRA...to begin to turn around the shit mess left by the Great Republican Recession of 2007/08.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
A new standard in lameness - suggesting we ignore average jobs growth during the Obama years and focus instead on the tail end of the epic GWB near-depression.

Textbook mindless hackery.

;-)
Needing to WIN every time, they're as over-sensitive and defensive as our child president Trump.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The Great Republican Recession of 2007/08 was actually as bad as the Great Depression making it NOT a typical recession.
Actually, the "Great Recession" (like the Great Depression) actually occurred on the Democratic successor's watch. The "Great Recession" (like the Great Depression) was pretty much over by the time the new (democratic) administration settled in (and started getting their policies implemented). The "Great Recession" (like the Great Depression) refers to the lack of a full recovery for a decade after the downturn ended. But thanks to lefty historians and news operations, and millions of gullible people like you, the meme survives that it was all because of what happened before the anti-capitalist policies were applied. But I think we got our proof of that in 2017, when despite Trump's failure to get any legislation passed, and simply through Executive Actions that rolled back much of the Obama agenda, we saw the economy (finally) recover back to its long term GDP growth trend, we saw a resurgence in manufacturing jobs, we saw businesses actually expanding and repatriating investment in the US economy. I know, that's a rather nuanced take, and you lefties don't do nuance, but it is what it is...

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Actually, the "Great Recession" (like the Great Depression) actually occurred on the Democratic successor's watch. The "Great Recession" (like the Great Depression) was pretty much over by the time the new (democratic) administration settled in (and started getting their policies implemented). The "Great Recession" (like the Great Depression) refers to the lack of a full recovery for a decade after the downturn ended. But thanks to lefty historians and news operations, and millions of gullible people like you, the meme survives that it was all because of what happened before the anti-capitalist policies were applied. But I think we got our proof of that in 2017, when despite Trump's failure to get any legislation passed, and simply through Executive Actions that rolled back much of the Obama agenda, we saw the economy (finally) recover back to its long term GDP growth trend, we saw a resurgence in manufacturing jobs, we saw businesses actually expanding and repatriating investment in the US economy. I know, that's a rather nuanced take, and you lefties don't do nuance, but it is what it is...
Why don't you just make up shit? Oh, wait, you did....with your historical revisionism. Typical "con" behavior.

Donald Trump’s flagship tax reform bill could cause a severe recession, an economic historian has warned.

Professor Robert McElvaine, a leading expert on the Great Depression, said the Republicans are “sprinting towards an economic cliff” as they attempt to introduce sweeping tax cuts that will be “catastrophic” for the US economy.

The history professor said the provisions in the Act are similar to those passed by the Republicans in the years prior to the Great Depression. The 1929 crash was caused by the GOP’s “trickle-down policies”, including significant tax cuts for the rich, he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-tax-bill-plan-budget-recession-financial-crisis-great-depression-1929-robert-mcelvaine-a8086781.html

Raoul_Luke

Why don't you just make up shit? Oh, wait, you did....with your historical revisionism. Typical "con" behavior.

Donald Trump’s flagship tax reform bill could cause a severe recession, an economic historian has warned.

Professor Robert McElvaine, a leading expert on the Great Depression, said the Republicans are “sprinting towards an economic cliff” as they attempt to introduce sweeping tax cuts that will be “catastrophic” for the US economy.

The history professor said the provisions in the Act are similar to those passed by the Republicans in the years prior to the Great Depression. The 1929 crash was caused by the GOP’s “trickle-down policies”, including significant tax cuts for the rich, he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-tax-bill-plan-budget-recession-financial-crisis-great-depression-1929-robert-mcelvaine-a8086781.html
You mean like this "professor's" predictions:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/17/dow-crosses-23000-trump-record-krugman-predicted-recession-election-night

At least that one was an economist. McElvaine is a "history" professor. I think I'll pass on his prediction also. Will there be a recession? Probably, but it won't be because Hillary lost...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So how many did Obama achieve in his first year?
We were in the worst economy since 1929 when Obama took office. December 2008 and January 2009 were record job losses. Trump had the benefit of a pretty good economy and claimed he made it better....

Raoul_Luke

We were in the worst economy since 1929 when Obama took office. December 2008 and January 2009 were record job losses. Trump had the benefit of a pretty good economy and claimed he made it better....
Yeah, I'm real familiar with all your excuses. You know what? I made a pretty good career of taking over after some moron screwed things up, and I always turned things around immediately. Only an incompetent blames his failures on the guy who isn't there any more.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yeah, I'm real familiar with all your excuses. You know what? I made a pretty good career of taking over after some moron screwed things up, and I always turned things around immediately. Only an incompetent blames his failures on the guy who isn't there any more.
And which nation did you take over? To go from losing 750,000 jobs per month to gaining 250,000 jobs per month is a whole lot better of a record than Trump is showing us.

What is his excuse?

Spamature

President
Yes, in fact that would be the time you'd expect to see the STRONGEST job gains. So then, how does that compare?
WTF ? Why would you expect the strongest job gains at the height of the worst recession in our lifetimes ?

Now he did have the greatest one year mitigation of job losses we seen, when he went from -820k to a positive number in one year.

Raoul_Luke

And which nation did you take over? To go from losing 750,000 jobs per month to gaining 250,000 jobs per month is a whole lot better of a record than Trump is showing us.

What is his excuse?
It doesn't matter how big the job - if you are good, you can make improvements immediately just by stopping the mistakes of the predecessor. I am also very familiar with your efforts to to paint the Obama economy as awesome (although every time I point that out you deny it is what you are suggesting). Whatever.

As you well know, I didn't vote for Trump. But I will give him credit for what he has achieved. After eight years of a punk ass "recovery:

Annual GDP growth jumped back closer to the long term average of 3% (which Obama couldn't achieve in eight years in office).

Manufacturing jobs are surging - with total employment (finally) back to pre-recession levels. If I recall correctly, Obama said they weren't coming back (yeah, he was wrong about that too).

The employment rate (not the fake "unemployment rate") of 25 to 54 year olds is on a nice upward trend, which indicates a strengthening labor market.

Small businesses are resurgent - with investment at a 16 year high.

That's not bad for not even getting any legislation passed. But he at least succeeded in ending the bureaucracy's anti-capitalist bent that Obama put in place. So I think what we are seeing is a direct response to that. Obama could have had a much better economic record, if he had actually stopped making the (big government) interventionist mistakes of the Bush administration. Which reminds me of the biggest Trump accomplishment - a roll back in the growth of government. Which, as I keep telling you, means way more to the economy than phony tax rate reductions. You know, like when Clinton did it?

It's the size of government, stupid…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-the-trump-era-is-changing-the-federal-bureaucracy/2017/12/30/8d5149c6-daa7-11e7-b859-fb0995360725_story.html?utm_term=.0fd749594653

Raoul_Luke

WTF ? Why would you expect the strongest job gains at the height of the worst recession in our lifetimes ?

Now he did have the greatest one year mitigation of job losses we seen, when he went from -820k to a positive number in one year.
Why would you expect the US economy to continue losing 820k jobs a month forever?

Spamature

President
Why would you expect the US economy to continue losing 820k jobs a month forever?
The economy was in a death spiral when he took over. It could have stayed there longer than it did. It could have gotten worse. As the dominoes tumbled job losses were creating their own vicious cycle of more job losses. Back then we didn't know how bad it would get.