1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Trump loses to Obama...in monthly job gains

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by JuliefromOhio, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Raoul_Luke

Raoul_Luke Mayor

What - nothing to say about the complete evisceration of your contention that the leverage rules change caused the crisis? Typical!

Well they certainly all have one thing in common - they are either political or ideological hacks. You have no f*cking idea how things would have been different without TARP. As if the "recovery" would have been "harder:"

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 5.13.10 PM.

A lost decade is pretty f*cking "hard" if you ask me. Bush's economy was bad, but Obama managed to come up with an economic performance that made Bush's look stellar. You keep rating my posts "funny" but you are the joke...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Raoul_Luke

Raoul_Luke Mayor

You know you are absolutely correct. If communism didn't have such a dismal record, I'd be with you all the way...

3. middleview

middleview President Supporting Member

"Complete evisceration"....now that is funny. As I said...she had no verifiable facts...so she says some businesses were over leveraged before the 2003 change, but provides no details. She provides the narrative that must have given you a woody, but you ignore the plethora of sources who she disagrees with...proving once and for all that you will believe anyone, no matter how little the bring to the table, if they support your opinions. So everyone who disagrees with your source is a hack.....but she is gold. o_O

Given that without the efforts of both republicans and democrats...a lot of companies would have gone under. If you think it would have been better to continue with over 700,000 jobs lost per month.....or without GM or Chrysler....your nuts. I can guess at how bad it would have gotten...but here you are with absof*cking no clue claiming that everything would have been great and someone would have bought GM and the whole thing would have recovered in a few weekends if not for Obama....

You just can't admit that you are reading tea leaves to predict what would have happened, if only.....

So ask yourself why TARP passed with such an overwhelming yes vote. Is it because everyone in the Treasury dept and 3/4ths of the people in congress aren't as smart as you? Having argued with you for a few years now....I can caution you against thinking too highly of your own prowess.

Just what was the impact of that lost decade? (since Obama was only president for 8 years, I take it you are thinking of blaming Clinton for two)....was it high unemployment? Nope. Things improved for what about 67 months straight? Trump is now enjoying the continued trajectory and claiming it belongs to him....Did you make less money than you might have? Bummer. The DJIA dropped to about 6,000 because of Bush and rose to 19,000 while Obama was president.....oh the misery....

Keep whining. It makes for great entertainment.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Raoul_Luke

Raoul_Luke Mayor

Actually she did - she named companies and their leverage ratios based on their 10ks. You cited the regulatory language and she cited the actual financial facts. You can verify it if you want but I'll take her word for it. It's not like the Keynesian mafia has mobilized to counter her claims. Maybe you don't consider the complete refutation of your claims that the effect of that regulation was to increase financial leverage "evisceration" but we can let the readers decide for themselves.

I am sick and tired of your flip flopping between the notion that without all the interventions the job losses would have continued apace forever and denials that that is what you are suggesting. Make up your mind. The fact remains (because I have copiously documented it) that economies typically snap back quicker from deep recessions (except for the two times big government progressives seized on the "crisis" to enact an anti-capitalist agenda). In fact, that is precisely what was happening in 2009:

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 8.02.12 PM.

Until the Obama "stimulus" kicked in. These are facts that you ignore when you claim all I am doing is citing "opinions." Treasury bureaucrats and Congress are f*cking idiots about economics, as is anyone who suggests they aren't. As for my "prowess" I will let the record show that I have ALWAYS backed up my contentions with facts (like in this thread), while you hide behind narratives steeped in official government economic "measures" and "conventionalized" by academic/bureaucratic big government sycophants. You are the one repeatedly touting "unemployment" rates which is about as useless an economic measure as was ever conjured by big government progressives. You are the one using the completely inconsequential measure of "the stock market" (which can be factually shown to have zero correlation to median incomes and poverty rates) when it can in fact be shown to be ENTIRELY a function of the Fed's balance sheet "inflation." You are the one serially citing complete hacks (like Stiglitz) who have been repeatedly shown to be clueless.

What I actually "keep" doing is showing the complete lack of standing you have in these discussions, and you're right, it IS "great entertainment."

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Raoul_Luke

Raoul_Luke Mayor

And here's your "things improved for what about 67 months straight:"

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 5.13.10 PM.

It's called "a lost decade." Anyone who won't acknowledge that it was a dismal economic performance and yet turns around and claims it was "things improving" for "what about 67 months straight" is a hack. Period!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Constitutional Sheepdog

Constitutional Sheepdog ][][][%er!!!!!!!

7. Constitutional Sheepdog

FEB. 15TH IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR BASH TRUMP 24/7
    Live it up libs the door is about shut on you.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

And if capitalism's wasn't far worse, I'd be with you.

• Disagree x 1
  9. Constitutional Sheepdog

My advice to you is move to one of those communist countries that you love. It's not happening in America not without the spreading of blood.
    Move since you hate this country move so you aren't so pathic and miserable.

10. middleview

middleview President Supporting Member

Read the fine print in the upper left....what does "estimates" mean to you?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

I don't hate this country. I want to save the world from destruction, which means defeat of the U.S. government. It took a war to end slavery too

12. Constitutional Sheepdog

Really yet you oppose president Trump and he's wanting to change the government got it.
    Yes you hate America.

13. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

He wants to change the government into a personal fiefdom. Not a democracy.

• Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Constitutional Sheepdog

There are no signs of that. We America isn't a democrcy which again show what little you truly know

• Disagree x 1
  15. Raoul_Luke

Raoul_Luke Mayor

It means the actual GDP data is subject to (future) revisions. Trust me, the revisions didn't change that chart by any visible measure...

16. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

I'm saying I want to make it a democracy. Anyway, democracy is a relative term.

The signs that Trump's only view of the U.S. is as his personal cash cow are plentiful. The vacations he profits from that we're paying unprecedented rates for ... the pay for play ... the sweetheart deals ...

17. Constitutional Sheepdog

all it takes is 51% of the people to make a law to take everything you have and give to the people
    As long as the economy keeps improving who gives a sh!t

18. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

As opposed to capitalism, where all wealth flows to a much smaller portion than 51% ... and it's rationalized as the natural effect of a system that grows wealth.

19. Constitutional Sheepdog

bait a switch? what does capitalism have to do with a country being a Constitutional Republic?

20. EatTheRich

EatTheRich Senator

A democracy can be a constitutional republic ... but the U.S. is in this respect an undemocratic constitutional republic ... thus instead of being ruled by 51% (the horror of democracy according to you) we are ruled by more like 0.05%.