• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump ‘Outs’ Judge Napolitano, says he came asking for SCOTUS nod

MrMike

Bless you all
Ouch...

Well, I suppose that might explains why the Judge changed his tune into a flaming lefty. I guess failing at his attempt to seek White House favors and being passed over as a potential SCOTUS pick seems to have created the "man scorned" emo for the Judge.

Shame...

TRUMP ‘OUTS’ JUDGE NAPOLITANO, SAYS HE CAME ASKING FOR SCOTUS NOD

President Donald Trump tweeted after Saturday’s rally in Wisconsin an attack on Judge Andrew Napolitano, claiming the judge had come to him privately to ask for a Supreme Court nomination.

“Thank you to brilliant and highly respected attorney Alan Dershowitz for destroying the very dumb legal argument of ‘Judge’ Andrew Napolitano….” Trump began, following his praise of Harvard professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz with an immediate pivot to an attack on Napolitano.

“….Ever since Andrew came to my office to ask that I appoint him to the U.S. Supreme Court, and I said NO, he has been very hostile! Also asked for pardon for his friend. A good ‘pal’ of low ratings Shepard Smith,” the president concluded.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1122333996451418112

Thank you to brilliant and highly respected attorney Alan Dershowitz for destroying the very dumb legal argument of “Judge” Andrew Napolitano....

9:57 PM - Apr 27, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

28K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1122334000519868416
Replying to @realDonaldTrump

....Ever since Andrew came to my office to ask that I appoint him to the U.S. Supreme Court, and I said NO, he has been very hostile! Also asked for pardon for his friend. A good “pal” of low ratings Shepard Smith.

27.1K people are talking about this

Trump appeared to be referring to the fallout from the recently-released Mueller report, which Napolitano has argued on his Fox Nation show “Judge Napolitano’s Chambers” stands as proof that the president obstructed justice.

“Prosecutors prosecute people who interfere with government functions and that’s what the president did by obstruction, where is this going to end? I don’t know, but I am disappointed in the behavior of the president,” Napolitano said, calling that behavior “immoral,” “criminal,” “defenseless” and “condemnable.” (RELATED: Roger Stone’s Shock And Awe Arrest Is ‘An American Nightmare,’ Says Judge Napolitano)

Dershowitz responded to Napolitano’s comments by noting during an appearance on “The Ingraham Angle” that because it was within the president’s purview to terminate the investigation or fire special counsel Robert Mueller, any attempts he made to do so could not be described as “obstruction.”

“In my introduction to ‘The Mueller Report,’ I go through the elements of obstruction of justice,” Dershowitz explained. “The act itself has to be illegal. It can’t be an act that is authorized by Article II of the Constitution.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/28/trump-napolitano-ask-scotus-nod/

D

Deleted member 21794

What a disappointment. I always liked Nappy. What a shame he turned out to be so petty.

Jen

Senator
Ouch...

Well, I suppose that might explains why the Judge changed his tune into a flaming lefty. I guess failing at his attempt to seek White House favors and being passed over as a potential SCOTUS pick seems to have created the "man scorned" emo for the Judge.

Shame...

President Donald Trump tweeted after Saturday’s rally in Wisconsin an attack on Judge Andrew Napolitano, claiming the judge had come to him privately to ask for a Supreme Court nomination.

“Thank you to brilliant and highly respected attorney Alan Dershowitz for destroying the very dumb legal argument of ‘Judge’ Andrew Napolitano….” Trump began, following his praise of Harvard professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz with an immediate pivot to an attack on Napolitano.

“….Ever since Andrew came to my office to ask that I appoint him to the U.S. Supreme Court, and I said NO, he has been very hostile! Also asked for pardon for his friend. A good ‘pal’ of low ratings Shepard Smith,” the president concluded.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Thank you to brilliant and highly respected attorney Alan Dershowitz for destroying the very dumb legal argument of “Judge” Andrew Napolitano....

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

....Ever since Andrew came to my office to ask that I appoint him to the U.S. Supreme Court, and I said NO, he has been very hostile! Also asked for pardon for his friend. A good “pal” of low ratings Shepard Smith.

Trump appeared to be referring to the fallout from the recently-released Mueller report, which Napolitano has argued on his Fox Nation show “Judge Napolitano’s Chambers” stands as proof that the president obstructed justice.

“Prosecutors prosecute people who interfere with government functions and that’s what the president did by obstruction, where is this going to end? I don’t know, but I am disappointed in the behavior of the president,” Napolitano said, calling that behavior “immoral,” “criminal,” “defenseless” and “condemnable.” (RELATED: Roger Stone’s Shock And Awe Arrest Is ‘An American Nightmare,’ Says Judge Napolitano)

Dershowitz responded to Napolitano’s comments by noting during an appearance on “The Ingraham Angle” that because it was within the president’s purview to terminate the investigation or fire special counsel Robert Mueller, any attempts he made to do so could not be described as “obstruction.”

“In my introduction to ‘The Mueller Report,’ I go through the elements of obstruction of justice,” Dershowitz explained. “The act itself has to be illegal. It can’t be an act that is authorized by Article II of the Constitution.”

That explains a lot.

Judge Nap was once someone I listened to for wisdom. Suddenly he became stupid. It was like ........over night. I wondered what happened to him. Yup. A bad case of sour grapes. Sad.

EatTheRich

President
That explains a lot.

Judge Nap was once someone I listened to for wisdom. Suddenly he became stupid. It was like ........over night. I wondered what happened to him. Yup. A bad case of sour grapes. Sad.
When he could no longer continue to sacrifice his integrity to Trumpism he became an UN-person.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
That explains a lot.

Yes....it EXPLAINS a lot. Trump only claimed that AFTER “Judge Napolitano's comments about the Mueller report. ODD...that Trump hadn't mentioned it before? Or is it? Trump has a way of LYING about someone that has dissed him. I know that. You know that. And the whole damn population knows that. Trump is a habitual liar. He lies about everyone who doesn't treat him the way he thinks he should be treated.
Why do you believe what he is saying? What's your excuse for him not coming forward with this little "story" sooner?
And Alan Dershowitz is a Trump Toady. He showed what he was when he was one of OJ Simpson's Dream Team. A slimy, lying POS. He pretends he's not a Trump fan, but he defends him constantly. Reminds me of a couple of PJ toadies here.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
When he could no longer continue to sacrifice his integrity to Trumpism he became an UN-person.
I don't believe for one second, that Trump is telling the truth about him asking to be on the Supreme Court. Knowing Trump's big mouth, he'd have told about it before now...before Napolitano's remarks about the Mueller report. He's just pissed and this is his way of hitting back. Blatant LYING.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Ouch...

Shame...

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Where's the PROOF? Anything coming out of Trump's ugly mouth is 99 out of 100 times a LIE. He's pissed at Napolitano and this is his way of hitting back. Dershowitz has been a Trump toadie since before he was elected. He just tries to hide it because he knows it makes him as slimy as he really is. I've watched him defend Trump over and over on CNN. He's about as slimy as Jared Kushner and Steve Bannon, and of course DJTJ.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/andrew-napolitano-supreme-court-shortlist-trump-236488

Napolitano told friends he was on Trump's Supreme Court shortlist
The benched Fox News personality has claimed the president told him he'd be considered for the next seat that comes open.

Judge Andrew Napolitano may be temporarily sidelined at Fox News, but he’s been telling friends and associates that he could be in for a big promotion — to the Supreme Court.

After meeting with President Trump twice during the transition, first in December and again in mid-January, the Newark, N.J.-born television personality told several people that Trump said he was on the list of judges from whom he was selecting a nominee for the high court.

“He said, ‘Trump said I’m on the list,’” said a source who spoke with Napolitano shortly after one of his meetings with the then president-elect. “He’s been saying that since the transition.”

Friends warned Napolitano not to take the president too literally – or seriously. “He'll take your call and invite you to the Oval Office, but he just wants you to say nice things about him on TV,” the source says he told Napolitano at the time. But that didn’t sink the ambitious judge’s hopes.

Trump released a list of potential replacements for the late Justice Antonin Scalia before the election, vowing to select Scalia’s replacement from that list — and followed through, tapping Tenth Circuit judge Neil Gorsuch for the nomination in January. Napolitano’s name did not appear on any public list.

But the salt-and-pepper-haired Napolitano, 66, who served as a New Jersey Superior Court judge until 1995 and joined Fox News in 1998, was a sleeper candidate, he told his skeptical friends. He claims he’s submitted both academic and personal resumes to Trump aides, and that they’ve pored over the judge’s writings, including several popular non-fiction books.