• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump referenced Coronavirus in Feb 4th SOTU address, Pelosi tore it up

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Trump: “Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.”

And all of the Democrats were already quarantined in their houses by then, right?

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
This is everything Trump said at the SOTU speech on 2/4/2020:

Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.

----------------------------

This is what he said before and after that:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.” (CNBC)

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.” (Fox News)

February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.” (Bloomberg)

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock market starting to look very good to me.” (Twitter)

February 26: “It’s going very substantially down, not up… The 15 within a couple of days, is going to be down to zero.” (CNN)

February 27: “It’s going to disappear one day, it’s like a miracle.” (Twitter)

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” (Wired)

March 6: “I didn’t know people died from the flu.” (CNN)

March 6: “I like the numbers being where they are.” (Washington Post)

March 10: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” (Twitter)

March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.” (New York Times)

March 15: "It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

-------------------------

Sound like he was taking it very seriously? Only if you are a moron.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.” (CNBC)

February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.” (Bloomberg)

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock market starting to look very good to me.” (Twitter)

February 26: “It’s going very substantially down, not up… The 15 within a couple of days, is going to be down to zero.” (CNN)

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” (Wired)

March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.” (New York Times)

March 15: "It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

And Pelosi tore up that speech...Don't worry she is going to give money to the Kennedy Center while you ask why grandma had to die.

Drumcollie

I am sure that while Trump was giving a presser on the Corona- Covid 19 that Pelosi was arranging for a private jet to fly home.
Nancy Pelosi Demands Big Private Jet | Judicial Watch
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants taxpayers to finance a lavish private jet large enough to ferry her and her entourage – including family members– from coast-to-coast without stopping. Like all members of Congress, House speakers use commercial flights to travel but Pelosi claims she needs a private U.S. Air Force jet for security reasons, even during personal travel with her family and supporters.

The later brouhaha kicked off when Speaker Pelosi inquired about the availability and rules regarding the use of military aircraft other than the C-20B (such as the C-21 or the C-37A). Critics quickly maintained that Pelosi had insisted on being allowed to use a “big fat 200-seat jet” (a C-32 Boeing 757, which the Air Force describes as seating up to 45 passengers) so that she could travel in luxury and reward her financial contributors with lavish trips.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi routinely used a "big fat 200-seat jet" to travel between California and D.C.

Speaker Pelosi said that her inquiry involved security issues, primarily that she should have access, when needed, to an aircraft capable of flying non-stop between Washington and California, a quality the Air Force said was not possessed under all conditions by the C-20 aircraft used by her predecessor. Those security concerns prompted her to ask about the use of an aircraft that met the non-stop requirements, regardless of its size:

Because the C-20 generally would need to stop and refuel to make it all the way to the Bay Area, Pelosi requested a plane that could make it to California without having to stop along the way.

“I want an aircraft that will reach California,” Pelosi told reporters, insisting that she doesn’t care what kind of plane it is as long as it can fly nonstop to her home district.

Snopes covers for Pelosi here...Says she requested larger aircraft to make the trip non stop...but lets look further:

Distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC The total driving distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC is 2,816 miles or 4 532 kilometers. The total straight line flight distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC is 2,441 miles. This is equivalent to 3 928 kilometers or 2,121 nautical miles.
Distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC
www.travelmath.com/distance/from/San+Francisco,+CA/to/Washington,+DC

But why not a C20B?

Range: C-20B, 4,250 miles (3,698 nautical miles) long-range;

Pelosi is a liar...She isn't going to help you.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
I am sure that while Trump was giving a presser on the Corona- Covid 19 that Pelosi was arranging for a private jet to fly home.
Nancy Pelosi Demands Big Private Jet | Judicial Watch
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants taxpayers to finance a lavish private jet large enough to ferry her and her entourage – including family members– from coast-to-coast without stopping. Like all members of Congress, House speakers use commercial flights to travel but Pelosi claims she needs a private U.S. Air Force jet for security reasons, even during personal travel with her family and supporters.

The later brouhaha kicked off when Speaker Pelosi inquired about the availability and rules regarding the use of military aircraft other than the C-20B (such as the C-21 or the C-37A). Critics quickly maintained that Pelosi had insisted on being allowed to use a “big fat 200-seat jet” (a C-32 Boeing 757, which the Air Force describes as seating up to 45 passengers) so that she could travel in luxury and reward her financial contributors with lavish trips.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi routinely used a "big fat 200-seat jet" to travel between California and D.C.

Speaker Pelosi said that her inquiry involved security issues, primarily that she should have access, when needed, to an aircraft capable of flying non-stop between Washington and California, a quality the Air Force said was not possessed under all conditions by the C-20 aircraft used by her predecessor. Those security concerns prompted her to ask about the use of an aircraft that met the non-stop requirements, regardless of its size:

Snopes covers for Pelosi here...Says she requested larger aircraft to make the trip non stop...but lets look further:

Distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC The total driving distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC is 2,816 miles or 4 532 kilometers. The total straight line flight distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC is 2,441 miles. This is equivalent to 3 928 kilometers or 2,121 nautical miles.
Distance from San Francisco, CA to Washington, DC
www.travelmath.com/distance/from/San+Francisco,+CA/to/Washington,+DC

But why not a C20B?

Range: C-20B, 4,250 miles (3,698 nautical miles) long-range;

Pelosi is a liar...She isn't going to help you.

Why is he giving a campaign speech.... I mean TrumpVirus update? He said it would be over by now.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Trump: “Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.”

And all of the Democrats were already quarantined in their houses by then, right?
And just before that and for a month after, Trump went on a tour of crowded campaign rally’s and golf weekends no doubt serving to expose thousands more to the virus. Like the late great Johnny Unitas always said: “Talk Is Cheap”.....

Drumcollie

And just before that and for a month after, Trump went on a tour of crowded campaign rally’s and golf weekends no doubt serving to expose thousands more to the virus. Like the late great Johnny Unitas always said: “Talk Is Cheap”.....
That is more than Biden has done. Sure glad a Democratic is not in charge. Hillary would ask "At this point, what difference does it make?"

Jack4freedom

Governor
That is more than Biden has done. Sure glad a Democratic is not in charge. Hillary would ask "At this point, what difference does it make?"
Biden holds no government position at this time. However he did point out in a USA Today editorial on January 27 of this year how Trump and his Congress critters have decimated our response teams and cut funding for CDC and other pertinent public health agencies in order to give huge corporate tax cuts back in 2018. Looks like those chickens are coming home to roost.

Mick

The Right is always right
Biden holds no government position at this time. However he did point out in a USA Today editorial on January 27 of this year how Trump and his Congress critters have decimated our response teams and cut funding for CDC and other pertinent public health agencies in order to give huge corporate tax cuts back in 2018. Looks like those chickens are coming home to roost.
ACA has cut more funding than anything else. It's decimated health care funding in this country. CDC funding in the fight against newly emerging and zoonotic diseases are at their highest levels ever under Trump, however. The other health agencies you reference as well.

Those damn pesky facts keep getting in the way of your propaganda.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
And Pelosi was calling people to join together down in china town on February 24th. We can play this game all day.

The only truth here is that the democrat and media narrative of how ONLY Trump didn’t act fast enough and Democrats were calling for a total economic shut down and quarantine in January to February is ignorant at best and manipulative lying at worst.

nobody in government acted truly “fast enough”, but then again, we didn’t know so much.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk

Thanks for defending trump

Mr. Friscus

Governor
The cut had nothing much to do with active programs, it had to do with unused Ebola programs... you have to have the desire to find out context and what was going on, and not just look for ways to verbally screw over the person you don’t like. Dig deeper, the answers are there.

Meanwhile, if you want to get political, can we lay our ventilator shortage and the blood along with it on Obama? He didn’t take epidemic and pandemic warnings, refused to fund these projects and kicked the can down the road...

What about those “chickens coming home to roost”?

I blame neither Trump or Obama.. both are human beings who didn’t see this coming. I’m consistent. You seem to feel fine being conveniently selective in your blame based on politics

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

The "racist and xenophobic" China travel ban was January 31st just a few days after the WHO said there was nothing to worry about.

The February 19th Democratic debate in Las Vegas with questions from MSNBC had no questions about the travel ban or coronavirus.

Lets be honest no one took it seriously except the U.S. government and even they thought it wouldn't last.

Everyone was wrong.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
The "racist and xenophobic" China travel ban was January 31st just a few days after the WHO said there was nothing to worry about.

The February 19th Democratic debate in Las Vegas with questions from MSNBC had no questions about the travel ban or coronavirus.

Lets be honest no one took it seriously except the U.S. government and even they thought it wouldn't last.

Everyone was wrong.
Trump relies on the cia not the who for his info

Are you aware that the chinese are cheering for Trump

Lol

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Trump thought Coronavirus would stay in China or at least overseas....despite warnings from our Intel agencies in January that this was the beginning of a world wide pandemic.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Everyone was wrong.
The WHO said no such thing.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Trump relies on the cia not the who for his info

Are you aware that the chinese are cheering for Trump

Lol
Obviously he doesn't rely on the WHO because he went and did the travel ban even though the WHO said travel bans weren't needed.

Do you have a link to the Chinese cheering for Trump and why would that matter? Are you against the Chinese people?