• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
What keeps getting glossed over in this is Trump telling the Ukrainian to work with Giuliani. Giuliani wasn’t there on behalf of the U.S. Giuliani isn’t with the State Department,NSA,FBI,DOJ,CIA etc. He was/is Trump’s private lawyer and this was a threat to withhold US military aid funds for a completely private purpose.
A president investigating the criminal son of a former VP, is not a private purpose. Hunter Biden received free transportation and other benefits, due to his father being the VP.
And Hunter used that privilege to make millions of dollars on imvestments in China and building overseas investment and other business deals.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/02/joe-biden-investigation-hunter-brother-hedge-fund-money-2020-campaign-227407

llovejim

Current Champion
So what? Biden's son is a criminal. What's wrong with investigating criminals?
The Obama deep state has been harassing President Trump since he took office and have found nothing illegal that he has done. But you don't care about that....f**k no. You're upset because Trump wanted to have a criminal investigated.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign
why do you lie so much? remember kavanaugh? how trump voters said being accused is not the same as being guilty and yet here you are lying about Biden's son being a criminal. see what a liar you are- Hunter Biden has never been charged with a crime, much less been convicted. quit lying....

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
A president investigating the criminal son of a former VP, is not a personal matter. Hunter Biden received free transportation and other benefits, due to his father being the VP.
And Hunter used that privilege to make millions of dollars on imvestments in China and building overseas investment and other business deals.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/02/joe-biden-investigation-hunter-brother-hedge-fund-money-2020-campaign-227407
That's not the real reason for it and you know that. So does everyone else.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
why do you lie so much? remember kavanaugh? how trump voters said being accused is not the same as being guilty and yet here you are lying about Biden's son being a criminal. see what a liar you are- Hunter Biden has never been charged with a crime, much less been convicted. quit lying....
Nobody in the Obama administration has ever been charged with a crime but that doesn't mean they were not criminals.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I could steal a page from the whiny trump voter playbook and threaten to tell on you for hijacking this thread about what Trump and Giuliani have done by derailing it into Biden from 2015, but i believe bringing up biden and ukraine is germane to the thread, and needs to be answered.
you are using the official state tv (FOX) version of what happened, which is bullshit. the Ukraine Prosecutor was fired because he was found guilty of corruption and fraud, and here is an article from the Irish Times giving a EU point of view of how
good this firing of this corrupt assclown was- and it had nothing to do with Biden or his son or the other red herrings trump and his official propaganda station Fox spew out to confuse the issue with total irrelevant bullshit-

The European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

“This decision creates an opportunity to make a fresh start in the prosecutor general’s office. I hope that the new prosecutor general will ensure that [his] office . . . becomes independent from political influence and pressure and enjoys public trust,” said Jan Tombinski, the EU’s envoy to Ukraine.

“There is still a lack of tangible results of investigations into serious cases . . . as well as investigations of high-level officials within the prosecutor general’s office,” he added.

Mr Tombinski said the EU was also concerned about the resignation or dismissal of several “reform-oriented” prosecutors and reports that Mr Shokin’s office was investigating a “highly-respected” anti-corruption group – an obvious reference to Kiev’s Anti-Corruption Action Centre, which had fiercely criticised Mr Shokin.

In what appeared to be his last act before dismissal, Mr Shokin sacked his deputy, Davit Sakvarelidze, who had repeatedly called for his boss to be fired.

Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko is under huge pressure to appoint a new prosecutor general with a strong anti-corruption reputation, and to back investigations into the shadowy affairs of major businessmen and politicians.

The EU and United States are demanding as much, amid a political crisis that has paralysed reforms in Ukraine and jeopardised vital funding from international lenders.

Mr Sakvarelidze, a Georgian who was also chief prosecutor in the Odessa region, said his dismissal by Mr Shokin was part of “a cleansing of people who are prepared every day to fight corruption and the old guard without compromise”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/eu-hails-sacking-of-ukraine-s-prosecutor-viktor-shokin-1.2591190
LOL! You would report me for thread jacking, if only I had actually done so. That's pretty low class, even for a lefty.

ALL Ukrainian pols and bureaucrats are corrupt! Ukraine is the poster country for official corruption. To pretend otherwise is laughingly self-serving. So yes, he was corrupt.

But here's a question your "impartial" EU viewpoint seems to have missed - why was Biden the guy who had to deliver the ultimatum? There was no one in the State Department who could have done it to avoid the appearance of impropriety? Do you suppose they were unaware that Biden's son was being investigated? That is absurd! Under the circumstances ANYONE but Joe should have been the messenger.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Giuliani's involvement is proof of what I said. He is Trump's private lawyer. No reason at all for him to be involved in it.
I disagree. Trump's motive is irrelevant, the investigation of a man who made millions of dollars from his father's being VP, is warranted.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, on a probe, according to people familiar with the matter.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-defends-conversation-with-ukraine-leader-11568993176?mod=mhp
As you can see,the PJCons are circling the wagons to protect Trump. Absolutely deplorable.

FakeName

Governor
A president investigating the criminal son of a former VP, is not a private purpose. Hunter Biden received free transportation and other benefits, due to his father being the VP.
First of all, guliani is not a government employee, and the president is not an investigator.

Raoul_Luke

As you can see,the PJCons are circling the wagons to protect Trump. Absolutely deplorable.
If you guys were one-tenth as interested in looking into how Biden's son became a deca-millionaire through deals with foreign entities while his dad was VP, I'd be a bit more impressed by your outrage...

voyager

4Q2247365
If you guys were one-tenth as interested in looking into how Biden's son became a deca-millionaire through deals with foreign entities while his dad was VP, I'd be a bit more impressed by your outrage...
Was it ... legal. Could be the reason for no investigation. Or are you talking about Nepotism... oh the horror, huh Trump.

Raoul_Luke

That's exactly what Trump want's Trumpsters to do for him... everytime.
I'm certainly no Trump supporter. I find the bulk of his political positions odious, not to mention he is a miscreant. But if we're going to look into Trump's seedy moves, lets agree to also look at Biden's (and the Clintons') as well, are you with me?

voyager

4Q2247365
I'm certainly no Trump supporter. I find the bulk of his political positions odious, not to mention he is a miscreant. But if we're going to look into Trump's seedy moves, lets agree to also look at Biden's (and the Clintons') as well, are you with me?
What bothers me is the constant redirection whenever Trump is mentioned.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member