• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump squandered tens of millions of taxpayer dollars on his July 4th campaign rally

Bugsy McGurk

President
I was replying to the article in the HuffPo about how much liberals claim to know was spent on the 4th celebration. That IS the thread, after all.
From the article linked in the top post:

“The final, total cost could soar into the tens of millions of dollars. The National Park Service reportedly diverted around $2.5 million to help pay for the bash.

Shaub, who served in the government ethics role under former President Barack Obama and then resigned after six months working under Trump, said those reported “tens of millions” were “effectively given to the Trump campaign.”

“This is what it was all about,” he added. “This and revenue for his hotel.”

Of course, that’s just an estimate. Only Team Trump could provide an accounting, and we know that Trump stonewalls on all requests for information.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

“The final, total cost could soar into the tens of millions of dollars. The National Park Service reportedly diverted around $2.5 million to help pay for the bash.

Shaub, who served in the government ethics role under former President Barack Obama and then resigned after six months working under Trump, said those reported “tens of millions” were “effectively given to the Trump campaign.”

Of course, that’s just an estimate. Only Team Trump could provide an accounting, and we know that Trump stonewalls on all requests for information.

So ..2.5. ok.

And could....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
David Mikkleson is a known liar and cheat, and Snopes is known to be pure leftist bias. It's "writers" are all washed up reporters who can't get a job anyplace else.
that is one tactic to use. another would be to come up with facts of your own...doesn't seem you can do that.

protectionist

Governor

protectionist

Governor
Trump hoped you all would hate on those brown people. He was right. MAWA.
It would be pretty weird if I hated on brown people, since I'm one of them, but keep on flashing your race card, if it makes you feel better.

Just know a lot of people are gonna be laughing at you.

protectionist

Governor

So you don't know then. I could be cool with how the whole thing could have cost more than $10,000, if anybody could be specific.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ok since no one would do it I took a stab at it. Looks like 3.7 million tops so far.

I'll give the field another chance to push it higher otherwise I guess I'll have to fix it myself

1.2 million military
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/740019333/pentagon-july-4th-flyovers-tank-displays-and-performances-cost-1-2-million

2.5 million national parks (vs typical cost 2 million)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-gives-tickets-to-trumps-july-fourth-extravaganza-to-gop-donors/2019/07/02/9109a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html?outputType=amp

protectionist

Governor
Ok since no one would do it I took a stab at it. Looks like 3.7 million tops so far.

I'll give the field another chance to push it higher otherwise I guess I'll have to fix it myself

1.2 million military
https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/740019333/pentagon-july-4th-flyovers-tank-displays-and-performances-cost-1-2-million

2.5 million national parks (vs typical cost 2 million)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-gives-tickets-to-trumps-july-fourth-extravaganza-to-gop-donors/2019/07/02/9109a566-9ce0-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html?outputType=amp
What does ANY money have to be spent on military ? They are already being paid.

Why/how money spent on National Parks ?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What does ANY money have to be spent on military ? They are already being paid.

Why/how money spent on National Parks ?
dunno.

presently, it is established that there seem to be some 3.7 millions spent. not tens of millions 'could' have been.

thread destroyed.

hi ho philfish.. awaaaay....

ps. tickets were free. pelosi and schumer apparently hate honoring our nation

protectionist

Governor
dunno.

presently, it is established that there seem to be some 3.7 millions spent. not tens of millions 'could' have been.

thread destroyed.

hi ho philfish.. awaaaay....

ps. tickets were free. pelosi and schumer apparently hate honoring our nation
"established" >>> "that there seem to be some 3.7 millions spent" ON WHAT ? what could possibly cost millions of dollars just to have a parade ? I could see a little money spent on gas for the vehicles. That could be what ? $100.

Nobody's talking about how this parade could cost even 1 thousand $$, let alone millions $$$$.