• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump: "The tragic events that occurred on Wednesday evening should be our primary focus

middleview

President
Supporting Member
for the foreseeable future. This is a time for healing, not politics."

Jeb Bush: also cancelled his trip for Thursday. "Governor Bush's thoughts and prayers are with the individuals and families affected by this tragedy,"

Obama: Oh balderdash! While this is a tragedy blah blah and we must think about gun control blah blah blah, this looks like a good day to play a few holes, and then make some money for the Partay!

Fun stuff.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/18/jeb-bush-cancels-charleston-campaign-event-after-shooting/
Fox news called it an attack on faith....we wouldn't want it to be talked about as a racist attack..right?

Why wouldn't we want to talk about whether or not gun control, ie background checks, could have kept this guy from getting a gun?
Did you hear what Obama said about the tragedy? Probably not....so here it is, not the right wing version.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?326636-1/president-obama-statement-charleston-church-shooting

And in spite of the call for this to be a time of healing...here you are making it a moment for politics....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So these Ass Hole Republicans are going to exploit every Gun Nut atrocity...All the while babbling about the Second amendment
Already got the statement from JackDallas that what we need is more guns to combat gun violence....amazing logic.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Something tells me prayers aren't going to be enough, but I am comforted knowing Bush and Trump are praying.

That comforts me like cholera.

Cal

Council Member
Fox news called it an attack on faith....we wouldn't want it to be talked about as a racist attack..right?
Probably because no one knows what happened and most people are fond of those who jump to conclusions and twist a situation into their own platorm....as follows....

Why wouldn't we want to talk about whether or not gun control, ie background checks, could have kept this guy from getting a gun?
While liberals LOVE to exploit and manipulate events like this into their own poltical agendas most people do not like that sort of thing. They certainly didn't like it after Sandy Hook either. This is neither time nor place to be debating gun control. Gun control doesn't work anyways - which to be honest is common sense but..again..liberals lol.

Did you hear what Obama said about the tragedy? Probably not....so here it is, not the right wing version.
Indeed I did. You know what...it played on Fox News. There is no magical right wing version. Never was. Never will be. Who didn't expect Obama to comment, really?

And in spite of the call for this to be a time of healing...here you are making it a moment for politics....
Isn't that precisely what you and the liberal media, ironically, are doing with this gun control diversion? Seems a tad hypocritical if I might be honest.

...the rest of the thread...
Holy shit. I just walked in one hell of a liberal circle jerk. I'll let you all stroke each other's egos. Clearly there won't be much reason from this thread lol.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
the first sentence in your post is incorrect.
Pres Obama said this:

"At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency.
Advanced Countries as well. I think Carol missed that whole paragraph when she was quoting Obama. Are we surprised?

Jen

Senator
for the foreseeable future. This is a time for healing, not politics."

Jeb Bush: also cancelled his trip for Thursday. "Governor Bush's thoughts and prayers are with the individuals and families affected by this tragedy,"

Obama: Oh balderdash! While this is a tragedy blah blah and we must think about gun control blah blah blah, this looks like a good day to play a few holes, and then make some money for the Partay!

Fun stuff.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/18/jeb-bush-cancels-charleston-campaign-event-after-shooting/
Never fail to use a good disaster politically - Obama's and Hillary's motto .

Jen

Senator
Obama said these things don't happen in other countries.....he made it sound like America is the only place with a problem with mass killings. Was he lying?

_ July 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 in Norway in twin attacks: a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital. The self-styled anti-Muslim militant admitted both attacks.

_ April 30, 2009: Farda Gadyrov, 29, enters the prestigious Azerbaijan State Oil Academy in the capital, Baku, armed with an automatic pistol and clips. He kills 12 people before killing himself as police close in.

_ Sept. 23, 2008: Matti Saari, 22, walks into a vocational college in Kauhajoki, Finland, and opens fire, killing 10 people and burning their bodies with firebombs before shooting himself fatally in the head.

_ Nov. 7, 2007: After revealing plans for his attack in YouTube postings, 18-year-old Pekka-Eric Auvinen fires kills eight people at his high school in Tuusula, Finland.

_ April 26, 2002: Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, who had been expelled from school in Erfurt, Germany, kills 13 teachers, two former classmates and policeman, before committing suicide.

_ April 28, 1996: Martin Bryant, 29, bursts into cafeteria in seaside resort of Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia, shooting 20 people to death. Driving away, he kills 15 others. He was captured and imprisoned.

_ March 13, 1996: Thomas Hamilton, 43, kills 16 kindergarten children and their teacher in elementary school in Dunblane, Scotland, and then kills himself.

_ Dec. 6, 1989: Marc Lepine, 25, bursts into Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique college, shooting at women he encounters, killing nine and then himself.

_ Aug. 19, 1987: Michael Ryan, 27, kills 16 people in small market town of Hungerford, England, and then shoots himself dead after being cornered by police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/deadliest-mass-shootings_n_1688820.html
He lied.
Nothing new.
But watch his little pets on this thread who buy into his lies.

Caroljo

Senator
the first sentence in your post is incorrect.
Pres Obama said this:

"At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency.
Nothing that I posted was wrong....first he said it was a FACT this type of mass violence doesn't happen in other advanced countries. Right? You're being pretty nit picky about this, you can see he said what I said he did. He's full of sh*t.

Caroljo

Senator
He lied.
Nothing new.
But watch his little pets on this thread who buy into his lies.
Ya well they're going to make it what they want it to be, as usual. Now they're saying the country's in my post are not "Advanced" countries?....lol! He said it plain as day, then immediately tried to backtrack what he said with the next sentence.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Nothing that I posted was wrong....first he said it was a FACT this type of mass violence doesn't happen in other advanced countries. Right? You're being pretty nit picky about this, you can see he said what I said he did. He's full of sh*t.
it's all about comprehension.... and your posting ONLY the one sentence took Pres Obama's comments out of context. (GOP-TV and talk radio did that on purpose....and you fell for it.) the 2 sentences go together. the full statement is accurate.

"At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency."

it's the frequency in America as opposed to other advanced countries that's the point. providing a list of ONE incident per ONE country actually shows the infrequency of the other countries as compared to America.

Caroljo

Senator
it's all about comprehension.... and your posting ONLY the one sentence took Pres Obama's comments out of context. (GOP-TV and talk radio did that on purpose....and you fell for it.) the 2 sentences go together. the full statement is accurate.

"At some point, we as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries. It doesn't happen in other places with this kind of frequency."

it's the frequency in America as opposed to other advanced countries that's the point. providing a list of ONE incident per ONE country actually shows the infrequency of the other countries as compared to America.
Ok, so lets look a little further then.
Here you go....a list of all mass murders by country. Glad I could help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

Barbella

Senator
ONE incident per EACH country does not match the frequency in the USA.

I can't help you with your birdbrain logic.
ROTFLMAO! You just realized how stupid you sounded when you said "those aren't advanced countries?" Fair save, but not good enough...

because, for instance, Germany alone had at least three school massacres.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
ROTFLMAO! You just realized how stupid you sounded when you said "those aren't advanced countries?" Fair save, but not good enough...

because, for instance, Germany alone had at least three school massacres.
I saw that for Germany. they had school massacres in.....

now tell me how that is MORE frequent than here in the USA.

connieb

Senator
Obama said these things don't happen in other countries.....he made it sound like America is the only place with a problem with mass killings. Was he lying?

_ July 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 in Norway in twin attacks: a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital. The self-styled anti-Muslim militant admitted both attacks.

_ April 30, 2009: Farda Gadyrov, 29, enters the prestigious Azerbaijan State Oil Academy in the capital, Baku, armed with an automatic pistol and clips. He kills 12 people before killing himself as police close in.

_ Sept. 23, 2008: Matti Saari, 22, walks into a vocational college in Kauhajoki, Finland, and opens fire, killing 10 people and burning their bodies with firebombs before shooting himself fatally in the head.

_ Nov. 7, 2007: After revealing plans for his attack in YouTube postings, 18-year-old Pekka-Eric Auvinen fires kills eight people at his high school in Tuusula, Finland.

_ April 26, 2002: Robert Steinhaeuser, 19, who had been expelled from school in Erfurt, Germany, kills 13 teachers, two former classmates and policeman, before committing suicide.

_ April 28, 1996: Martin Bryant, 29, bursts into cafeteria in seaside resort of Port Arthur in Tasmania, Australia, shooting 20 people to death. Driving away, he kills 15 others. He was captured and imprisoned.

_ March 13, 1996: Thomas Hamilton, 43, kills 16 kindergarten children and their teacher in elementary school in Dunblane, Scotland, and then kills himself.

_ Dec. 6, 1989: Marc Lepine, 25, bursts into Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique college, shooting at women he encounters, killing nine and then himself.

_ Aug. 19, 1987: Michael Ryan, 27, kills 16 people in small market town of Hungerford, England, and then shoots himself dead after being cornered by police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/deadliest-mass-shootings_n_1688820.html

You left of Charlie Hebdo, where at least one cop would probably be alive if they had given him anything to defend himself with other than a billy club.