• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump Threaten to Withdraw From WTO

You think it can't get worse?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/30/trump-threatens-to-withdraw-from-world-trade-organization.html

"Trump threatens to withdraw from World Trade Organization

• If the World Trade Organization doesn't 'shape up,' President Donald Trump told Bloomberg he would pull the United States out.
  • In a Thursday interview with the news outlet, Trump again criticized the international trading group's treatment of the United States.
  • 'If they don't shape up, I would withdraw from the WTO,' the president said."

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/30/trump-threatens-to-withdraw-from-world-trade-organization.html

• If the World Trade Organization doesn't 'shape up,' President Donald Trump told Bloomberg he would pull the United States out.
  • In a Thursday interview with the news outlet, Trump again criticized the international trading group's treatment of the United States.
If President Trump thinks it's best then it's okay with me. If Liberals don't like it then it's double okay with me.

Quite appropriately, if you ask me. The US' cumulative trade deficits engendered a huge "Eurodollar" market that the Fed (or any other Central Bank for that matter) is powerless to control. If you want to understand why the Fed's activities after the financial crisis were so exquisitely impotent, read this:

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2018/08/31/someone_isnt_agreeing_with_the_feds_groupthink_103402.html
In the "never underestimate Trump" category of potential disasters, what effect on the global economy would a US withdrawal from the WTO likely produce?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Organization

"The World Trade Organization (WTO) is an intergovernmental organization that regulates international trade.

"The WTO officially commenced on 1 January 1995 under the Marrakesh Agreement, signed by 124 nations on 15 April 1994, replacing the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which commenced in 1948.

"It is the largest international economic organization in the world.[5][6]"

Raoul_Luke

In the "never underestimate Trump" category of potential disasters, what effect on the global economy would a US withdrawal from the WTO likely produce?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Organization

"The World Trade Organization (WTO) is an intergovernmental organization that regulates international trade.

"The WTO officially commenced on 1 January 1995 under the Marrakesh Agreement, signed by 124 nations on 15 April 1994, replacing the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which commenced in 1948.

"It is the largest international economic organization in the world.[5][6]"
A step toward one world government? What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5106147/EU-implodes-nation-nation-turns-far-Right.html

A step toward one world government? What could possibly go wrong with that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5106147/EU-implodes-nation-nation-turns-far-Right.html
Your link:

"The EU leadership and the European Commission are far too preoccupied with political chaos in Germany and with Brexit to deal with a much greater threat to their grand European dream.

"In Britain, bitter Remoaners are fighting a forlorn rearguard battle to try to stop Brexit and sneer at Leavers for their stupidity, seemingly oblivious to the convulsions in the east of the EU.

"Instead of a serene and harmonious Europe of Tuscan villas, Provencal markets, German opera and Bavarian beer halls, we are witnessing rancorous divisions over migration, economic stagnation and incipient independence movements"

You'll get no argument from me about central banks and their influence on global politics, but I can't imagine how our economic plight would improve if Trump actually withdrew the US from the WTO?

Raoul_Luke

Your link:

"The EU leadership and the European Commission are far too preoccupied with political chaos in Germany and with Brexit to deal with a much greater threat to their grand European dream.

"In Britain, bitter Remoaners are fighting a forlorn rearguard battle to try to stop Brexit and sneer at Leavers for their stupidity, seemingly oblivious to the convulsions in the east of the EU.

"Instead of a serene and harmonious Europe of Tuscan villas, Provencal markets, German opera and Bavarian beer halls, we are witnessing rancorous divisions over migration, economic stagnation and incipient independence movements"

You'll get no argument from me about central banks and their influence on global politics, but I can't imagine how our economic plight would improve if Trump actually withdrew the US from the WTO?
Trump's right - we've been losing the "international trade" war for 50 years. What has the WTO ever done to address that?

Trump's right - we've been losing the "international trade" war for 50 years. What has the WTO ever done to address that?

"United States GDP 1960-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News
The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 19390.60 billion US dollars in 2017.

"The GDP value of the United States represents 31.28 percent of the world economy.

"GDP in the United States averaged 6991.52 USD Billion from 1960 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 19390.60 USD Billion in 2017 and a record low of 543.30 USD Billion in 1960.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

How is it possible a single nation with about 4 percent of global population and 31% of global GDP has been "losing" the international trade war over the last fifty years?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

I know Trump is so horrible and the black people have jobs right? Welcome you being an idiot.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Your link:

Duh! You have not been paying attention.

but I can't imagine how our economic plight would improve if Trump actually withdrew the US from the WTO?
Of course you can't.

This practice results in many outsourced manufacturing jobs
How did that practice affect Trump's net worth?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States#Overview

"U.S. income inequality has grown significantly since the early 1970s,[9][10][11][12][13][14]after several decades of stability,[15][16][17] and has been the subject of study of many scholars and institutions.

"The U.S. consistently exhibits higher rates of income inequality than most developed nations due to the nation's enhanced support of free market capitalism and less progressive spending on social services.[18][19][20][21][22]."

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.

Trump is playing hard ball with Canada the only friend you have left these days. Threatened to only do a deal with Mexico and leave Canada out of the trade deal..

Trump is playing hard ball with Canada the only friend you have left these days. Threatened to only do a deal with Mexico and leave Canada out of the trade deal..

I think Trump is beginning to realize he could not only be forced from office, but prosecuted on criminal charges that would send him to prison for the rest of his useless life.

Personally, I don't believe that will happen; not because of insufficient proof, but rather because of the "house of cards" effect it would produce on US crony capitalism.

Perhaps Trump is capitalism's dying gasp?

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.
I think Trump is beginning to realize he could not only be forced from office, but prosecuted on criminal charges that would send him to prison for the rest of his useless life.

Personally, I don't believe that will happen; not because of insufficient proof, but rather because of the "house of cards" effect it would produce on US crony capitalism.

Perhaps Trump is capitalism's dying gasp?
Agree with you the house of cards and the corporations' supporting the house f cards will be exposed. I can not understand why Americans can force a change to STOP bark money going to any US candidate running for political office .
ALL corporate donations should be made illegal .

Lucky for us when an election is called its only 36 days of campaign and political ads not the two years of bullshit and attack ads that you have to endure.

Canada’s federal election finance laws put limits on contributions to political parties and candidates. Only individuals — not corporations or trade unions — may donate. Contributions are limited to up to $1,500 a year to each political party and up to $1,500 to all of the registered electoral district associations, contestants seeking the party’s nomination and candidates for each party. In addition, donors may give up to $1,500 to leadership contestants for a party as well as up to $1,500 to independent candidates. These limits were set in 2015, and the amounts increase by $25 each year. Political actors must disclose the names of anyone who donates more than $200.
Public Funding

Canada’s system of party and election finance regulation provides two forms of state funding to political parties and to candidates.

First, political parties and candidates receive a reimbursement of some of their election expenses (see Political Campaign). Political parties that received either 2 per cent of the national vote or 5 per cent of the vote in the districts in which they ran candidates receive 50 per cent of the money they spent as a reimbursement. Candidates who received at least 10 per cent of the vote receive 15 per cent of the election expenses limit in their district as a reimbursement. In addition, if the candidate spent at least 30 per cent of the limit during the election, the reimbursement increases to 60 per cent of what the candidate spent during the election.

Second, Canada provides generous tax credits for donations to political parties and candidates. The first $400 of donations receives a 75 per cent tax credit; the amount between $400 and $750 receives a 50 per cent credit. Amounts over $750 receive a 33 per cent credit. An individual’s total tax credit in one year cannot exceed $650

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/party-financing/

redtide

Mayor

Finally, it is about time we stopped bending over for them.
Dear Mr. President,
Thank you for insisting that our trading partners trade on a level field Mexico just capitulated today.
Thank you for not continuing the national policy on trade where by the US remains in a permanent bent over position with are trade partners taking turns at raping US.
Thank you for stopping the policy of weakening our military and brining US back to a position of strength.
Thank you for getting rid of many of the punitive energy policies an regulations and helping US towards energy independence
Thank you for rolling back many of the punitive taxes that have plagued our nation for years
Thank you for killing the obama care monstrosity that stole health care from millions (my self included)
Thank your for working with our foes as opposed to throwing our tax money at them in dumb attempts to purchase their friendship
Thank you for the roll back of the censorship that is political correctness
Thank you for no longer funding the climate cult and its punitive treaties and "agreements"
Thank you for working towards making other UN member states carry their own weight
Thank you for staying the course even when millions of sick and suffering from TDS along with their 24x7 media war against you is resisting at every second.
Please keep up the awesome job you are doing,

A Grateful America

Finally, it is about time we stopped bending over for them.
Dear Mr. President,
Thank you for insisting that our trading partners trade on a level field Mexico just capitulated today.
Thank you for not continuing the national policy on trade where by the US remains in a permanent bent over position with are trade partners taking turns at raping US.
Thank you for stopping the policy of weakening our military and brining US back to a position of strength.
Thank you for getting rid of many of the punitive energy policies an regulations and helping US towards energy independence
Thank you for rolling back many of the punitive taxes that have plagued our nation for years
Thank you for killing the obama care monstrosity that stole health care from millions (my self included)
Thank your for working with our foes as opposed to throwing our tax money at them in dumb attempts to purchase their friendship
Thank you for the roll back of the censorship that is political correctness
Thank you for no longer funding the climate cult and its punitive treaties and "agreements"
Thank you for working towards making other UN member states carry their own weight
Thank you for staying the course even when millions of sick and suffering from TDS along with their 24x7 media war against you is resisting at every second.
Please keep up the awesome job you are doing,

A Grateful America

:rolleyes:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201712/analysis-trump-supporters-has-identified-5-key-traits

"1. Authoritarian Personality Syndrome

"Authoritarianism refers to the advocacy or enforcement of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom, and is commonly associated with a lack of concern for the opinions or needs of others.

"Authoritarian personality syndrome—a well-studied and globally-prevalent condition—is a state of mind that is characterized by belief in total and complete obedience to one’s authority.

"Those with the syndrome often display aggression toward outgroup members, submissiveness to authority, resistance to new experiences, and a rigid hierarchical view of society.

"The syndrome is often triggered by fear, making it easy for leaders who exaggerate threat or fear monger to gain their allegiance."

Sound like anyone you know?

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

"United States GDP 1960-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News
The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States was worth 19390.60 billion US dollars in 2017.

"The GDP value of the United States represents 31.28 percent of the world economy.

"GDP in the United States averaged 6991.52 USD Billion from 1960 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 19390.60 USD Billion in 2017 and a record low of 543.30 USD Billion in 1960.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

How is it possible a single nation with about 4 percent of global population and 31% of global GDP has been "losing" the international trade war over the last fifty years?
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 1.42.20 PM.png