• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump will be acquitted, because it is a poor case

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Sadly, the water has been muddied SO much by idiots in media who don't know law or the constitution.

Feeding it to even dumber viewers who can't even SPELL 'Constitution'

Then bloviating their legal prowess online LOL

Zam-Zam

Senator
Our political discourse however has been damaged beyond repair. Let's hope then our government and our constitution is not damaged beyond repair, too.

Wishful thinking and hatred do not a case make. what a bunch of hatemongers think he meant when he said whatever they think he said won't make it either.

Let's hope the evidence bears me out to be wrong

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475855-democrats-worry-impeachment-acquittal-will-embolden-trump

Having read the link you cited, it's hard not to conclude that Democrats are worried plenty:

“No matter what we do, the president is going to say he did nothing wrong,” said Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.).

“We all know the president,” said Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat. “If there are not 67 votes to convict in the Senate, he’ll claim that it was a witch hunt and that he was exonerated.”

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), when asked about the potential fallout from an acquittal, added: “I am worried about that, but I think this president feels unconstrained by anything already.”

Big bad Trump has the poor little darlings panicked...

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Having read the link you cited, it's hard not to conclude that Democrats are worried plenty:

“No matter what we do, the president is going to say he did nothing wrong,” said Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.).

“We all know the president,” said Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat. “If there are not 67 votes to convict in the Senate, he’ll claim that it was a witch hunt and that he was exonerated.”

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), when asked about the potential fallout from an acquittal, added: “I am worried about that, but I think this president feels unconstrained by anything already.”

Democrats YOU broke it. Enjoy.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There is no executive privilege in impeachment hearings. Study your history. Besides, Trump has never formally used executive privilege.....because he knows it would be challenged and the Courts would rule against him.
he has invoked privilege before? or did you mean in this context of impeachment? (https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/politics/trump-mueller-report-executive-privilege/index.html)

the constitutionality of what may or may not apply may be tested.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It means he is soliciting foreign interference. It's collusion. He got caught red-handed attempting to collude with the Ukrainians.
Trump cheated in 2016 by gleefully and willingly accepting Russia's help to interfere in the election...by helping him and hurting Hillary.
Trump already cheated for 2020 by soliciting foreign help from Ukraine to promote lies about his expected opponent Biden.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

yes. ther eis what some think was meant (third party). and then there is what was meant (first party)

third party...is what's called hearsay.

ssssh. dont ruin it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
What bolton wants or has is of no consequence because all this info falls under executive privilege

You keep playing with your blocks
Executive privilege doesn't apply in impeachment trial hearings.
I guess you're as afraid of Bolton testifying....as Trump is.