• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump will be acquitted, because it is a poor case

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Yeah, why should there be witnesses as in prior impeachments? And documents? Forget about it. Trump brags that only he has them.

Well, we can always look back with fondness at the country we once had, governed by the rule of law.
The House Democrats didn't first ask the courts to compel witnesses to testify but instead jumped straight to declaring Trump's blocking their testimony an impeachable offense. So much for the separation of powers.

You should be pissed at them

the democrats screwed up !!

Get it ?

Bugsy McGurk

President
This is very odd. I didn't say anything of the kind. I will comment however and say that even the president is entitled to due process and if it needed to go to the courts to be adjudicated then it should have gone to the courts. This is America after all

Meanwhile you may want to re-read what I said, not to mention our encounters in the past, and then comment again

I dismiss the rest of your nonsense. Not what I said
I directly, and accurately, commented on the net result of your positions. Ignore what I said if you wish, but it does not go away.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
That would be an imperial presidency. Is that acceptable in our Constitution? No, because the Constitution and SCOTUS have confirmed that subpoenas can not be defied in impeachment hearings.

No It's the law. repeat after me. Maybe it will sink in.

The House Democrats didn't first ask the courts to compel witnesses to testify but instead jumped straight to declaring Trump's blocking their testimony an impeachable offense. So much for the separation of powers.

Bugsy McGurk

President

You should be pissed at them

the democrats screwed up !!

Get it ?
Why would I be pissed at them? Trump wanted them to go to court so he could tie things up in court for years, thereby negating the Constitution’s impeachment clause. I like the Constitution as written. I don’t want a monarchy.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Why would I be pissed at them? Trump wanted them to go to court so he could tie things up in court for years, thereby negating the Constitution’s impeachment clause. I like the Constitution as written. I don’t want a monarchy.

Oh You mean go by the law?.

So you wanted the democrats to break the law. And infringe on rights

Got it !

You want to pick and choose what parts of the Constitution you like based solely on political leftist butthurt

Got it !

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That would be an imperial presidency. Is that acceptable in our Constitution? No, because the Constitution and SCOTUS have confirmed that subpoenas can not be defied in impeachment hearings.
He is exerting executive privilege, just as Obama did before him, and preceeding presidents before Obama

Bugsy McGurk

President
I understand that. my point being that they had indicated to everybody that there's was a slam dunk ironclad case. Here you are contending that it's not. Which is it?
The factual case it ironclad. Indeed, Trump supporters don’t dispute the facts.

The only disagreement is whether Trump should be removed for engaging in such conduct, or whether we want to sanctify such conduct, meaning Trump and future presidents can just keep doing it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I directly, and accurately, commented on the net result of your positions. Ignore what I said if you wish, but it does not go away.
Sure it goes away, I just told you above I dismiss it.

I'm not addressing what you made up about what I think

I tossed that shit in the trash

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
No, he is asserting "absolute immunity" which isn't even real. And tantamount to obstructing congress.

Bugsy McGurk

President
He is exerting executive privilege, just as Obama did before him, and preceeding presidents before Obama
He did not invoke executive privilege. And he likely declined to do that because executive privilege cannot be used to shield evidence of illegal conduct. And it’s a question-by-question inquiry in any event. It’s not a tool to be used in an across-the-board coverup.

Courts don't determine what qualifies as an impeachable offense. Congress does.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Our political discourse however has been damaged beyond repair. Let's hope then our government and our constitution is not damaged beyond repair, too.

Wishful thinking and hatred do not a case make. what a bunch of hatemongers think he meant when he said whatever they think he said won't make it either.

Let's hope the evidence bears me out to be wrong

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475855-democrats-worry-impeachment-acquittal-will-embolden-trump
Close however in all reality there is no evidence of any crime so there is no case to bring