• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump won't grant Bahamians displaced by Dorian temp status

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
WASHINGTON — The U.S. will not grant temporary protected status to people from the Bahamas displaced by Hurricane Dorian, an administration official told NBC News.

The status would allow Bahamians to work and live in the U.S. until it is deemed safe to return home.

Bahamians can still come to the U.S. temporarily, if they have the right travel documents, but will not be granted work permits.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-will-deny-temporary-protected-status-bahamians-who-fled-n1052561?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

That's not very Christian or American, but it sure is evil.

"Now where did I put my travel documents?"

Nostra

Governor
Has any President done so when a foreign country is hit by a hurricane?

I looked up Obama's response to Haiti in 2016 for hurricane Matthew. Despite a dozen lawmakers introducing a resolution asking for TPS, I can find nothing showing Obama granted it.

In fact, it wasn't long after the hurricane that Obama started up deportations back to Haiti again.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Has any President done so when a foreign country is hit by a hurricane?

I looked up Obama's response to Haiti in 2016 for hurricane Matthew. Despite a dozen lawmakers introducing a resolution asking for TPS, I can find nothing showing Obama granted it.

In fact, it wasn't long after the hurricane that Obama started up deportations back to Haiti again.
Guess you need help....learning how to research.

Former President Barack Obama’s administration granted Haitian nationals in the United States so-called Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, for 18 months after a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck near Haiti’s capital, Port-au-Prince, in January 2010.

The Obama administration extended the status several times after the initial designation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-haiti/u-s-to-end-protected-status-for-haitians-in-july-2019-idUSKBN1DL02Q

Nostra

Governor
Guess you need help....learning how to research.

Former President Barack Obama’s administration granted Haitian nationals in the United States so-called Temporary Protected Status, or TPS, for 18 months after a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck near Haiti’s capital, Port-au-Prince, in January 2010.

The Obama administration extended the status several times after the initial designation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-haiti/u-s-to-end-protected-status-for-haitians-in-july-2019-idUSKBN1DL02Q
Um, EARTHQUAKE.................2010.

I referenced Hurricane Matthew in 2016.

Oops!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Um, EARTHQUAKE.................2010.

I referenced Hurricane Matthew in 2016.
1. More were dead than needed temp status.
2. There was enough aid coming to Haiti that had continued from the earthquake.
3. Obama extended the temp status several times after the initial designation.....from 2010 to include those affected by Hurricane Matthew in 2016.
4. Trump is penalizing Bahamians....like he did Puerto Ricans....because they're brown/black people.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
WASHINGTON — The U.S. will not grant temporary protected status to people from the Bahamas displaced by Hurricane Dorian, an administration official told NBC News.

The status would allow Bahamians to work and live in the U.S. until it is deemed safe to return home.

Bahamians can still come to the U.S. temporarily, if they have the right travel documents, but will not be granted work permits.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-admin-will-deny-temporary-protected-status-bahamians-who-fled-n1052561?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

That's not very Christian or American, but it sure is evil.

"Now where did I put my travel documents?"
The excuse Trump gave for not letting the Bahamians into the US was phony. Does he expect anybody to believe his "There could be some bad, bad people among these Bahamians" story? Or because their paperwork isn't in order?
Please. He doesn't want to help them because they are the wrong color---same reason he had very little compassion for the people of Puerto Rico.

Bear Claw

President
The excuse Trump gave for not letting the Bahamians into the US was phony. Does he expect anybody to believe his "There could be some bad, bad people among these Bahamians" story? Or because their paperwork isn't in order?
Please. He doesn't want to help them because they are the wrong color---same reason he had very little compassion for the people of Puerto Rico.
Trump makes the USA look bad again on the world stage .

No EMPATHY for the poor victims of a disaster.

I thought America was a leader but not with trump dictating.

Sad

Last edited:

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
He can't speak of black people.....without doing a "blacks acting bad" schtick even though it's only in his imagination. Sickening.

Mick

The Right is always right

Or was it the fact that the Bahamas has the 12th highest violent crime rate in the world and there is no way to vet these people?

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Or was it the fact that the Bahamas has the 12th highest violent crime rate in the world and there is no way to vet these people?
Really? The 12th highest crime rate in the world? Do you have a link for that? Or a Google site I can look at?

Nostra

Governor