• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump's ICE Pick: I Can Tell If A Migrant Child Will Be A Gang Member By Looking Into His Eyes

llovejim

Current Champion
Mark Morgan, the White House choice to lead Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said during a Fox News interview earlier this year that he can judge the likelihood that an unaccompanied minor will become a gang member by looking into that child's eyes.

“I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in January. “I’ve looked at them and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said that is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member. It’s unequivocal.” (he also said he has had visions of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers bringing home the Stanley Cup in this year's NFL championship)

The view that unaccompanied minors are more likely to become criminals is unsupported by statistical evidence. Studies have shown immigrants — legal and undocumented — are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans.

Morgan could not immediately be reached for comment, and the White House and ICE did not respond to requests.

Morgan’s comment echoed statements by President Donald Trump. During an event last year in Long Island, N.Y., Trump said unaccompanied minors “look so innocent,” but aren’t in reality. (yep, no bias there. he just thinks they are all animals, regardless of how innocent they look. good god, how does anybody vote for the hate-filled blowhole?)

Trump tweeted earlier this month that Morgan would become his new nominee to lead ICE. The White House pulled the nomination of the president's previous pick, Ronald Vitiello, during a broader Homeland Security Department leadership shakeup in April. Trump said at the time that he intended to go in a “tougher direction” with the ICE role.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/16/mark-morgan-eyes-ice-director-1449570?fbclid=IwAR1gEV9RHRJ0Q6P7TFHfr34SJ-6yblET8fBTBivzbG9BCztTLSXCp9zM_lo