• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump’s mask idiocy - his most deplorable decision yet?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I know what you’re saying - how can one sort through thousands of Trump decisions and pick the most deplorable? Kinda like picking the “best star in the universe,” right? But bear with me...

We see how Trump reacts to masks. He announced up front that he would not wear one, as his experts announced that they wanted everyone to wear one. He accused a reporter of wearing one out of “political correctness.” He did wear one “backstage” at the Ford plant, but took it off when he came out front, saying he didn’t want to give journalists “the pleasure” of seeing him wearing a mask. Huh? That’s what guides his decision?

There’s certainly nothing new about Trump saying and doing stupid things. But why? It’s inexplicable. It would obviously be best for public health and for opening things up safely and more quickly. It’s impossible to think of any valid reason for Trump to oppose masks. Objectively, it’s in Trump’s interest to encourage the use of masks. But he still doesn’t do it. What explains it? Vanity? Megalomania? It’s a mystery.

So, when you combine the absolutely inexplicable nature of his mask hostility, coupled with the devastating health care impacts of his decision, I would like to nominate this Trump idiocy for status as his most deplorable decision ever.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Objectively, it’s in Trump’s interest to encourage the use of masks. But he still doesn’t do it. What explains it? Vanity? Megalomania? It’s a mystery.
I agree, it would be to his benefit... his advisors surely know this as well.
There's no way to know the real reason... just a few wild guesses on my part.
I wonder if Trump has some underlying medical condition preventing him from wearing a mask... Maybe he's suffering from respiratory issues/a deviated septum or polyps in his nose. Under those circumstances a mask would make it difficult to breathe.
If posters on PJ can speculate on Biden's health, I see no reason why we can't ponder on Trump's as well.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I agree, it would be to his benefit... his advisors surely know this as well.
There's no way to know the real reason... just a few wild guesses on my part.
I wonder if Trump has some underlying medical condition preventing him from wearing a mask... Maybe he's suffering from respiratory issues/a deviated septum or polyps in his nose. Under those circumstances a mask would make it difficult to breathe.
If posters on PJ can speculate on Biden's health, I see no reason why we can't ponder on Trump's as well.
With Trump's frequent sniffles I just figured his sinuses are shot from too much coke...

Colorforms

Senator
I know what you’re saying - how can one sort through thousands of Trump decisions and pick the most deplorable? Kinda like picking the “best star in the universe,” right? But bear with me...

We see how Trump reacts to masks. He announced up front that he would not wear one, as his experts announced that they wanted everyone to wear one. He accused a reporter of wearing one out of “political correctness.” He did wear one “backstage” at the Ford plant, but took it off when he came out front, saying he didn’t want to give journalists “the pleasure” of seeing him wearing a mask. Huh? That’s what guides his decision?

There’s certainly nothing new about Trump saying and doing stupid things. But why? It’s inexplicable. It would obviously be best for public health and for opening things up safely and more quickly. It’s impossible to think of any valid reason for Trump to oppose masks. Objectively, it’s in Trump’s interest to encourage the use of masks. But he still doesn’t do it. What explains it? Vanity? Megalomania? It’s a mystery.

So, when you combine the absolutely inexplicable nature of his mask hostility, coupled with the devastating health care impacts of his decision, I would like to nominate this Trump idiocy for status as his most deplorable decision ever.
And yet he still doesn't have Covid, didn't go blind when he looked at the eclipse, and didn't keel over dead when he started taking medication.

He's done everything in the world to make nanny state fascists whine and has still survived. Are you sure he isn't a god?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

The only one crying and whining about it daily- is you.

The man is an adult. Plenty of others not wearing masks. You cry about them daily ?

Nope.

Maybe he will wear a MAGA mask to drive more low I.Q.er lefties bonkers.

Possibly the dumbest post ever on an internet forum.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
And yet he still doesn't have Covid, didn't go blind when he looked at the eclipse, and didn't keel over dead when he started taking medication.

He's done everything in the world to make nanny state fascists whine and has still survived. Are you sure he isn't a god?

And if he wore a mask- they would bitch their panties off about that too. LOL

It's so predictable- it's painful.

Bugsy McGurk

President

None of that drivel addresses a thing I said

The medical experts say wearing masks curbs the spread of the disease. Why shouldn’t Trump wear one? Why shouldn’t he encourage what his own experts advocate?

Bugsy McGurk

President
The only one crying and whining about it daily- is you.

The man is an adult. Plenty of others not wearing masks. You cry about them daily ?

Nope.

Maybe he will wear a MAGA mask to drive more low I.Q.er lefties bonkers.

Possibly the dumbest post ever on an internet forum.
If I were the president I would exercise such presidential leadership. But I’m not, Trump is. Why shouldn’t Trump encourage the mask wearing his own experts advocate?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
A “controlled environment” where his co-workers have already tested positive.

Have your co-workers also tested positive?

One who wasn't in contact with him
?? LOL

You are gasping and flailing in anger over nothing.

I'd delete this thread before you get embarrassed further.

Bugsy McGurk

President
One who wasn't in contact with him
?? LOL

You are gasping and flailing in anger over nothing.

I'd delete this thread before you get embarrassed further.
He wasn’t in contact with his personal valet? Yer a hoot.

Anyway, to recap, you say he shouldn’t exercise leadership and encourage use of masks because he works in a “controlled environment” where his co-workers have tested positive. That’s an idiotic reason, but I suppose it’s the best you can do.

Colorforms

Senator
None of that drivel addresses a thing I said

The medical experts say wearing masks curbs the spread of the disease. Why shouldn’t Trump wear one? Why shouldn’t he encourage what his own experts advocate?
Pssst, something you should probably know. Not having the disease also curbs the spread of the disease. I know "medical experts" didn't spell that out for you, but most people have the mental capacity to assume that.

Just saying. :)

Bugsy McGurk

President
Pssst, something you should probably know. Not having the disease also curbs the spread of the disease. I know "medical experts" didn't spell that out for you, but most people have the mental capacity to assume that.

Just saying. :)
Of course. And wearing a mask boosts the odds that someone who doesn’t have the disease stays that way.

But being a Republican, you’re incapable of thinking beyond Trump the individual. He’s the president. Why should he discourage the mask wearing his experts advocate for public health reasons?

Colorforms

Senator
Of course. And wearing a mask boosts the odds that someone who doesn’t have the disease stays that way.

But being a Republican, you’re incapable of thinking beyond Trump the individual. He’s the president. Why should he discourage the mask wearing his experts advocate for public health reasons?
He's not discouraging it. Tell me where he ever said that people shouldn't wear masks. Most intelligent people know that Trump's handlers are not going to needlessly expose him to Covid.

Again, just saying. :)

Bugsy McGurk

President
He's not discouraging it. Tell me where he ever said that people shouldn't wear masks. Most intelligent people know that Trump's handlers are not going to needlessly expose him to Covid.

Again, just saying. :)
He told a reporter he was wearing a mask to be politically correct. Do you consider that to be discouragement or encouragement?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I don't understand ANYONE'S reticence to wear a mask. Example:

download.jpg

100 years ago we understood the benefits. I can't for the life of me understand the President's reasoning on this. If masks help us open the economy back up, and get folks back to work, why not endorse them? Why not have some damn fun with it?

And it's not like their plain Jane masks anymore. You can get one with pretty much any design you want. I have a couple of MAGA masks I bout off Etsy. Nice, comfortable and really easy to put on and take off.

As I said, I just don't get it.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
With Trump's frequent sniffles I just figured his sinuses are shot from too much coke...
I had forgotten about his constant sniffles -- he does have that problem when he's trying to read or answer questions. Something is definitely wrong, that's not normal at all.
Labored/stuffy breathing is a bad signal something is seriously going on.
Slurring his words badly seems like he could be taking meds causing him to have a dry mouth.
It's not very often I have seen him sipping water while speaking at great lengths.
Maybe he has a fear of being given something bad to drink.
Then Trump is overweight as well, it could also be causing his breathing/sniffling problems.