• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump’s Neocons Reverse His Syria Withdrawal Plan

sear

Mayor
"On the say so of the people of The Crimea who did not want to be a part of The Ukraine." QT #22
I wasn't aware they'd taken a vote on it.
In any case, out of the frying pan, & into the fire?

Yours is a lame excuse, not a legitimate justification.

There are legitimate legal / political processes for changing sovereign allegiance.

To deny that is to deny the sovereign legitimacy of the United States of America.

If Putin's intention was merely to acquire sovereign control over Crimea, Putin could have announced his intentions, held a Crimean referendum for it, and completed the transfer without U.N. objection.

But Putin wanted more than mere military territorial conquest.
Putin wanted to send a vivid message to the West.

And Putin's message is unmistakably clear.
- Under Vlad Putin's leadership, Russia will continue to be a bad@$$.
- We'll continue our military disruption in Ukraine.
- We'll continue our support for tyrants, including Syria's Assad.
- We'll continue waging cyber-warfare against the civilized world,
all because we'd rather antagonize than cooperate.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
That first one - yeah, maybe. And why not?

Ukraine - Propaganda lies don't undermine the contention that we're being subjected to propaganda lies.
Assad is a leader beloved by his people. Again, propaganda lies.
The USA engages in cyber-warfare, too. To not would be like unilateral disarmament.

sear

Mayor
"Ukraine - Propaganda lies don't undermine the contention that we're being subjected to propaganda lies." E
"Ukraine - Propaganda lies" are not an internationally recognized casus belli.
It is a standard of Western civilization that the remedy for bad speech is good speech, not military invasion, disruption, & mass murder, such as shooting down an airliner.
"Assad is a leader beloved by his people. Again, propaganda lies." E #25
"Lies" indeed.
It's the good People of Syria that began the revolt against Assad in the first place.
Assad wiped them out with barrel bombs, chemical weapons, & starvation.

"American people are friends of Liberty everywhere, but custodians only of their own." John Adams

I get it!
You don't have to 'splain to me where United States sovereign territory ends.
Assad is a thug.
"Assad is a leader beloved by his people." E #25
The same could be said of Jim Jones, Adolf Hitler, Joey Stalin, or Chairman Mao.
"The USA engages in cyber-warfare, too. To not would be like unilateral disarmament." E #25
Ah!
The desperate plea of the morally bereft.

The U.S. clearly went off the rails when we helped to overthrow Iran's duly elected Mossadegh. And sins since including Iran / Contra do not flatter us.

But know it or not, believe it or not, like it or not, admit it or not; two wrongs do not make a right.

The manifold wrongs the U.S. has committed do not justify the deliberately provocative wrongs Putin perpetrates today, including low-level Russia military aircraft fly-overs of U.S. military sea vessels in international waters, or holding for ransom innocent U.S. tourists.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Propaganda lies" are not an internationally recognized casus belli.
They're at present being used, I believe & fear, in the US by the US to prepare the public for "belli." That is my point.

"Lies" indeed.
It's the good People of Syria that began the revolt against Assad in the first place.
Assad wiped them out with barrel bombs, chemical weapons, & starvation.
Lies, indeed.

Assad is a leader beloved by his people.
The same could be said of Jim Jones, Adolf Hitler, Joey Stalin, or Chairman Mao.
Only of the first two among those.
The first one really doesn't apply well to a nation.
The second is an excellent example of exactly my point.

two wrongs do not make a right.
Of course not. However, self-defense is legitimate.

I wasn't aware they'd taken a vote on it.
In any case, out of the frying pan, & into the fire?

Yours is a lame excuse, not a legitimate justification.

There are legitimate legal / political processes for changing sovereign allegiance.

To deny that is to deny the sovereign legitimacy of the United States of America.

If Putin's intention was merely to acquire sovereign control over Crimea, Putin could have announced his intentions, held a Crimean referendum for it, and completed the transfer without U.N. objection.

But Putin wanted more than mere military territorial conquest.
Putin wanted to send a vivid message to the West.

You weren't aware that they hadn't what? Huh? !!!!! Yes they voted to go back to Russia - most had never wanted to be a part of The Ukraine anway. Historically they have always been aligned with Russia. Russia's Navy is stationed there ffs!

Oh I give up .....................

sear

Mayor
"You weren't aware that they hadn't what? Huh? !!!!! Yes they voted to go back to Russia - most had never wanted to be a part of The Ukraine anway. Historically they have always been aligned with Russia. Russia's Navy is stationed there ffs!" QT #28
Then why was Putin's military intervention necessary?

Did you miss the hand-over of Hong Kong from British crown colony to mainland Chinese rule?
There were Chinese uniformed military troops there.
I didn't see the entire ceremony.
But for the portion I saw, the troops were not in battle fatigues. They were in full dress uniform, an honor-guard.
And for the portion I saw, they sat at attention in the bus.
Whether they ever displayed small arms, I don't know.
And if they did, whether those arms were loaded, I don't know.

But in any case it was clearly Statecraft ceremony, conducted with dignity.

In contrast Putin is a thug.

And know it or not, believe it or not, like it or not, admit it or not; those of us that tell the truth about Putin are NOT trying to start WW3.
That's PRECISELY what we're trying to prevent, despite Putin's provocations such as cheating on missile treaty.

Putin threatens to spark a new arms race.
Foolish, as another one will only bankrupt Russia AGAIN !!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
? ? ? ?
There seems to be a pall of cognitive fog on this, even from the redoubtable Senator Paul.

Let us be clear that candidate Trump seemed to think ridding the world of radical Islamic terrorism was a worthwhile goal. Why else would President Trump have announced:

"Radical Islamic terrorism. It will be eradicated, believe me." President Trump, mid-September, 2017 following a terrorist attack on a tube train in Parson's Green station in the U.K.

And is there any doubt that ISIL very much belongs in that category.

Why then would President Trump, without keeping up with detailed PDB, and without even so much as a meeting with his military commanders engaged in the fight, simply declare the U.S. military withdrawal?
Is Trump so stupid he doesn't understand the difference between retaking territory temporarily occupied by ISIL, and terminating the last 30,000 members of ISIL?
In any case Kudos to Trump's subordinate commanders for overruling Trump on his extremely ill-chosen decision.

And my personal thanks to the international coalition that has so bravely helped to recycle the protoplasm of this human detritus from the biome.
Why then would President Trump, without keeping up with detailed PDB, and without even so much as a meeting with his military commanders engaged in the fight, simply declare the U.S. military withdrawal?

Because some despot whispered in his ear.

sear

Mayor
Perhaps.
Or perhaps it was to APPEAR to make good on his earlier commitment:

"Radical Islamic terrorism. It will be eradicated, believe me." President Trump, mid-September, 2017 following a terrorist attack on a tube train in Parson's Green station in the U.K.

But you see JO #30, Trump is adrift. Trump is too egotistical to admit to himself that he's not an expert in everything.

"Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an injury to ones self-esteem." "Pride and vanity can thus be greater obstacle to learning than stupidity."
psychiatrist Thomas Szasz

Trump reportedly didn't even consult with his subordinate military commanders.
FOX news reported the territory ISIL occupied has been reduced to near zero, so Trump declared victory, ignorant of the fact that there are an estimated 30,000 remaining jihadis loyal to the ISIL creed.

Trump's premature withdrawal command is universally recognized as not merely a spectacularly bad move against this deadly, festering danger.
It's also a battlefield betrayal of some very valuable & trustworthy allies where such allies are rare, in the Middle East.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
And know it or not, believe it or not, like it or not, admit it or not; those of us that tell the truth about Putin are NOT trying to start WW3.
But those telling lies about Putin ARE trying to start WW3, I'm afraid.
And those feeding the lies to the public would be doing so to prepare said public for that war.
And know it or not, believe it or not, like it or not, admit it or not, those who, like you, have accepted those lies as truth and who affirm those lies as gospel are encouraging the warmongers by giving them exactly what they want.

EatTheRich

President
That first one - yeah, maybe. And why not?

Ukraine - Propaganda lies don't undermine the contention that we're being subjected to propaganda lies.
Assad is a leader beloved by his people. Again, propaganda lies.
The USA engages in cyber-warfare, too. To not would be like unilateral disarmament.
Assad’s popular support in Syria was a little above 50% last time I checked.

sear

Mayor
"But those telling lies about Putin ARE trying to start WW3, I'm afraid." E
- dandy -
"The fact that somebody over-sells an idea doesn't make it a bad idea. It makes them a bad salesman." Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA ret)

U.S. policy is not to be set by irrational fear such as yours.
U.S. policy is to be set on rational standards.

So they said, with a deliberately dishonest choice on the plebiscite held following a military occupation and the mass arrest of opposition leaders.
What military occupation? The Russian Navy is stationed there!

There was no mass arrest of anyone --- you make it up as you go along.

Assad’s popular support in Syria was a little above 50% last time I checked.
I has always been above 80% - my god you insult all of those brave people who risked life and limb to vote for him by travelling across truly dangerous areas to do so. Assad is loved even by those politically opposed to the government - he stood fast with his people against the might of the West and their evil mercenaries whom you support.