• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Trump's Tariffs Cost Taxpayers More Than Largest Tax Increase in 26 Years

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
you keep trying to not understand logic and statistics. if more guns in society mean less gun deaths and injuries WE WOULD BE THE COUNTRY WITH THE LEAST GUN DEATHS BY FAR, NOT THE COUNTRY WITH MANY TIMES HIGHER THE RATE!! how can anyone with an IQ deny this simple fact!! we have all the evidence we need and yet the NRA somehow gets morons to not believe their own eyes.
remove black on black gun deaths and medicated school shooters and America with the most guns would be so far down the list you couldn't find it

you're just lying

llovejim

Current Champion
Single cause fallacy
says who? how can you say looking at the correlation of number of guns in society to number of gun deaths in society is not a valid way of comparing countries relative gun death rates to see if more guns in public leads to less gun deaths?

llovejim

Current Champion
Hair does not grow, hair follicles output the dead tissue known as hair. The reason that hair does not hurt when it is cut is that it is dead and contains no live nerves. If you pull a hair follicle out there is pain as live nerves are involved.

You can continue to babble your wrong opinion, or you can post medical info to disprove me

I have never lost by the way
you keep parsing it, clown. geezus. how stupid are you? google hair growth. nobody is saying your scientific explanation is not correct but it is not relevant...in fact, it makes my point even better. the plain fact is, parts of your body, whether it is your hair generally, or the follicles, specifically, grow, does not mean those parts of your body IS A LIFE HUMAN BEING. are you saying a person should not be able to remove his hair follicles because they are alive and it would be a sin?

redtide

Mayor
if your premise is true and given that the poor pay no federal income taxes what is wrong with the "poor" paying their fair share of the burden to make our nation stronger?

llovejim

Current Champion
remove black on black gun deaths and medicated school shooters and America with the most guns would be so far down the list you couldn't find it

you're just lying
hate to burst your snot bubble, boy, but black people and medicated school shooters are still Americans. do you think there are not any medicated people in France, maybe even a black person or two? what is your freaking point? how many school shooters have been black? how many mass shooters have been black? why so racist, boy? is that all you got? if you want to get down to a group who does almost all the mass shooting, it is white guys, usually connected to neo-nazi or white nationalist groups, a lot of them veterans. do you bring that up a lot when trying to defend our huge rate of mass shooters- hey, it doesn't count- these mass shooters are usually white guys, with nazi roots and/or veterans. hardly ever any blacks or gays or latinos.

llovejim

Current Champion
if your premise is true and given that the poor pay no federal income taxes what is wrong with the "poor" paying their fair share of the burden to make our nation stronger?
trump said when he paid no income tax that made him smarter. do you know how many of our most profitable big companies paid no federal tax, some even got subsidies? why is it people poor enough to not make enough to have to pay additional income tax over their FISA taxes piss you off, even though they pay as much state sales tax and the fees and federal fees and taxes on certain goods and same percentage of property taxes as the richest guy in whatever state they live....what really counts is how much discretionary dough you have AFTER taxes...and that is where the rich really kick ass....

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
you keep parsing it, clown. geezus. how stupid are you? google hair growth. nobody is saying your scientific explanation is not correct but it is not relevant...in fact, it makes my point even better. the plain fact is, parts of your body, whether it is your hair generally, or the follicles, specifically, grow, does not mean those parts of your body IS A LIFE HUMAN BEING. are you saying a person should not be able to remove his hair follicles because they are alive and it would be a sin?
You are so stupid that you think you are smart.

Tell us, since you are declaring hair to be alive, how long after being cut does it die...

Retard alert

kaz

Small l libertarian
says who? how can you say looking at the correlation of number of guns in society to number of gun deaths in society is not a valid way of comparing countries relative gun death rates to see if more guns in public leads to less gun deaths?
You're assuming causality of a single factor. There are many factors. Such as that (at your insistence) we have an open border with a third world country. When you go gun grabbing, only honest citizens lose their guns. Criminals don't. And most criminal guns are in blue States in blue cities where we already have the most restrictive gun laws.

No, simply stating gun laws then stating as fact causation is a clear single cause fallacy.

In fact within the US, there is a reverse correlation with gun laws and shootings

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
You're assuming causality of a single factor. There are many factors. Such as that (at your insistence) we have an open border with a third world country. When you go gun grabbing, only honest citizens lose their guns. Criminals don't. And most criminal guns are in blue States in blue cities where we already have the most restrictive gun laws.

No, simply stating gun laws then stating as fact causation is a clear single cause fallacy.

In fact within the US, there is a reverse correlation with gun laws and shootings
What I cant grasp is why do the people who do not trust the police in the first place, want the police to have all the guns

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
hate to burst your snot bubble, boy, but black people and medicated school shooters are still Americans. do you think there are not any medicated people in France, maybe even a black person or two? what is your freaking point? how many school shooters have been black? how many mass shooters have been black? why so racist, boy? is that all you got? if you want to get down to a group who does almost all the mass shooting, it is white guys, usually connected to neo-nazi or white nationalist groups, a lot of them veterans. do you bring that up a lot when trying to defend our huge rate of mass shooters- hey, it doesn't count- these mass shooters are usually white guys, with nazi roots and/or veterans. hardly ever any blacks or gays or latinos.
Boy, you're diatribe is a pile of pure lies, how the fvck could the school shooters be Veterans when they are teens?

It's clear you just like to type long screeds full of lies.

https://www.naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html

https://schoolshooters.info/sites/default/files/shooters_not_white_males_1.19.pdf

Last edited:

redtide

Mayor
trump said when he paid no income tax that made him smarter. do you know how many of our most profitable big companies paid no federal tax, some even got subsidies? why is it people poor enough to not make enough to have to pay additional income tax over their FISA taxes piss you off, even though they pay as much state sales tax and the fees and federal fees and taxes on certain goods and same percentage of property taxes as the richest guy in whatever state they live....what really counts is how much discretionary dough you have AFTER taxes...and that is where the rich really kick ass....
no that is not what counts. First no business pays taxes, sure the cut the check but it is the customer who actually is paying.
Second, it is not the amount of discretionary income but rather a "fair share". With the bottom paying nothing but being permitted to vote for an ever larger share of other peoples money is criminal no matter how you spin it.
If your concern was truly what is "fair" then you would be promoting a flat tax whereby each and every dollar obtained (with out consideration as to how it was obtained) would be taxed at the exact same rate.

Nostra

Governor
no!! i think they should be the only people armed in public. just the opposite. at home, if somebody is stupid enough to think they need a gun, go for it. but not in public where other people might have to pay for your stupidity.
Your opposition to the Constitution is duly noted.

If the money these tariffs cost taxpayers were in the form of a tax hike, it would be the largest tax hike since Clinton increased taxes for the rich and big corporations that balanced the budget and even created a surplus during the 90's....but this tax increase IS MAINLY ON MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING POOR CONSUMERS, NOT THE RICHEST 5%!!
  • The combined $72 billion in revenue from all the president's tariffs ranks as one of the biggest tax increases since 1993, according to CNBC analysis of data from the Treasury Department.
  • The tariff revenue ranks as the largest increase as a percent of GDP since 1993 when compared with the first year of all the revenue measures enacted since then, according to the data.
  • But there are key differences between a tax cut and tariffs.
President Donald Trump, having championed one of the larger tax cuts in recent years, has now enacted tariffs equivalent to one of the largest tax increases in decades.

A CNBC analysis of data from the Treasury Department ranks the combined $72 billion in revenue from all the president's tariffs as one of the biggest tax increases since 1993. In fact, the tariff revenue ranks as the largest increase as a percent of GDP since 1993 when compared with the first year of all the revenue measures enacted since then, according to the data.

The nonpartisan Tax Foundation estimates all the tariffs enacted by the president, including the latest increase from 10% to 25% on $200 billion on Chinese goods, will raise $72 billion in revenue, equal to 0.34% of U.S. gross domestic product. Revenue raised in the first year of the 1993 budget and reconciliation act equaled 0.36% of GDP.

"It's certainly not the largest tax increase in history but it does rank among some of the bigger tax proposals over the last 20 years that have raised revenues,'' said Kyle Pomerleau, chief economist with the Tax Foundation.

Key differences

Of course, there are key differences between a tax cut and tariffs.

Trump says Chinese companies pay the tariffs, but most economists see them being borne by U.S. businesses and consumers. That is, they are essentially a tax increase. Over time, however, consumers and businesses can reduce this tax hit by substituting away from high-priced goods and Chinese production. Some of that production could come back to the U.S. or simply move to other countries.

Kent Smetters of the Penn-Wharton Budget Model and a former Treasury official during the Bush administration, estimates that the tariff increase will cost the median U.S. household with earnings of $61,000 about $500 to $550 a year. It's the equivalent, he said, of raising the Social Security retirement tax by 1 percentage point to 11.6%.

Such a large revenue measure, according to Pomerleau, if it were a tax, would have been subject to considerable economic analysis from the Congressional Budget Office or the Joint Committee on Taxation for the potential effects on growth, inflation and jobs. No such analysis has been offered or is believed to have been conducted by the administration regarding the current tariffs.

And the revenue measure is by far the largest enacted without congressional approval. Congress, in a series of laws, has ceded to the president vast powers to levy tariffs.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-apos-tariffs-equivalent-one-125537294.html
So tell us. What proposals do you have that will stop China from cheating the world with it's sweat shop low prices?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
no!! i think they should be the only people armed in public. just the opposite. at home, if somebody is stupid enough to think they need a gun, go for it. but not in public where other people might have to pay for your stupidity.
I own a gun, and took it out of storage one night and loaded it because a lunatic was pounding on my front door. I stood in my living room ready to blow the head off the intruder if he knocked down the door. My wife called the police, after a minute she came out of the bedroom and said it was the cops shaking my entire home. The detective and two uniforms stood there with me in my undies and said that they were given my address by an arrested crook in another town. They never searched my home so their story was bs, I then told the detective that if he entered my home I was ready to defend my family and that my weapon was drawn on him. Then his phone rang and they all left, as whoever was listening knew they fucked up. That's right I told a detective that I was ready to blow him away and he put his tail between his legs and ran.

So I know what a weapon is and how it should be used and mine stays where I choose it to be.

Bye the way I would not have needed a gun to drop the donut eater

Put this in the file, and if you are interested check out its veracity perhaps you can find out what barney fife really wanted

Last edited:
How long will it take for those manufacturing jobs to be up and running?

A person would have to: buy or refit a property to produce the good. Purchase equipment, which would be in high demand as others would be attempting to do the same thing. Hire a workforce, and then weed out the ones that will not work out. train the workforce. Work out the kinks in their system and product designs. Finally put the product on the market.

During that time other businesses could close that supply parts to overseas manufacturers. People who have saved money for years will be draining their cash to keep purchasing products. People who were already on the edge could fall into the abyss of long term debt or short term debt, pushing off plans for their retirement etc.

The price is very high in terms of the human toll, and possibly the economic toll once people start spending less than they already do.
Sigh. You clearly do not understand anything about this issue at all. China isn't producing necessities, and nobody has to purchase Chinese products. Your scenario is nonsense.