• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Tulsa Police Shooting: Officer Charged With Manslaughter

protectionist

Governor
In the shooting of Terence Crutcher, by police officer Betty Shelby, in which Crutcher died at the scene, the officer has been charged with first degree manslaughter. Conflicting stories are being heard, despite there being 2 videos of the event. Shelby's attorney, James Wood claims that Crutcher was acting erratically, appeared to be on drugs (possibly PCP), was ignoring police commands, put his hand in his pocket twice (even after being told not to), and was reaching inside his car window for something when he was shot.

It is claimed that the officer feared for her life, not knowing if Crutcher might have been reaching for a gun. It is well-known that once a gun is in the hand of a suspect, there is no time to react to stop a shot from being fired. It can be done within one second. The murder of Deputy Kyle Dinkheller is an especially graphic example of why law enforcement officers never allow a belligerent suspect to return to their vehicle and reach inside. The chilling screams of Deputy Dinkheller have echoed through law enforcement training academies throughout the nation for 18 years, as instructors have shown police cadets why it is so important for their safety, the safety of their suspects, and the safety of the public at large that they maintain control over the situation.

Crutcher's family are claiming that the window was closed, and showed a photograph of the window. It's not clear when or where the photograph was taken, or even if the window is up or down.

In any case, the DA has chosen to go ahead and charge the officer, who remains innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Maybe all the facts of the case will be sorted out properly and maybe they won't. Maybe politics (as in the Walter Scott shooting in N. Charleston, SC) will play a part (maybe already is). In time , hopefully all that is needed to be cleared up, will be. In the meantime, I will just say that I am really tired of seeing cops being arrested for doing their jobs, while risking their lives to keep all of us safe. I'm tired of seeing serial felons like Terence Crutcher out on the street, zonked on drugs, committing DUI, refusing to comply with the orders of a police officer, and making an idiotic nuisance of himself. It looks to me like Crutcher could have been shot twice, before the videos even began, when putting his hands to his pockets.

So once again, another cop goes to jail because another uncivilized, looneytune savage can't conduct himself like all the rest of us do. These nitwits bring these troubles on themselves. I have zero sympathy for Terence Crutcher, and a lot of sympathy for Betty Shelby, and if we don't all get a handle on this anti-police lunacy that has become popular, especially in black communities, were all going to lose our police protection, and be in very serious trouble.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/22/betty-shelby-was-justified-in-shooting-terence-crutcher/

BobbyT

Governor
In the shooting of Terence Crutcher, by police officer Betty Shelby, in which Crutcher died at the scene, the officer has been charged with first degree manslaughter. Conflicting stories are being heard, despite there being 2 videos of the event. Shelby's attorney, James Wood claims that Crutcher was acting erratically, appeared to be on drugs (possibly PCP), was ignoring police commands, put his hand in his pocket twice (even after being told not to), and was reaching inside his car window for something when he was shot.

It is claimed that the officer feared for her life, not knowing if Crutcher might have been reaching for a gun. It is well-known that once a gun is in the hand of a suspect, there is no time to react to stop a shot from being fired. It can be done within one second. The murder of Deputy Kyle Dinkheller is an especially graphic example of why law enforcement officers never allow a belligerent suspect to return to their vehicle and reach inside. The chilling screams of Deputy Dinkheller have echoed through law enforcement training academies throughout the nation for 18 years, as instructors have shown police cadets why it is so important for their safety, the safety of their suspects, and the safety of the public at large that they maintain control over the situation.

Crutcher's family are claiming that the window was closed, and showed a photograph of the window. It's not clear when or where the photograph was taken, or even if the window is up or down.

In any case, the DA has chosen to go ahead and charge the officer, who remains innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Maybe all the facts of the case will be sorted out properly and maybe they won't. Maybe politics (as in the Walter Scott shooting in N. Charleston, SC) will play a part (maybe already is). In time , hopefully all that is needed to be cleared up, will be. In the meantime, I will just say that I am really tired of seeing cops being arrested for doing their jobs, while risking their lives to keep all of us safe. I'm tired of seeing serial felons like Terence Crutcher out on the street, zonked on drugs, committing DUI, refusing to comply with the orders of a police officer, and making an idiotic nuisance of himself. It looks to me like Crutcher could have been shot twice, before the videos even began, when putting his hands to his pockets.

So once again, another cop goes to jail because another uncivilized, looneytune savage can't conduct himself like all the rest of us do. These nitwits bring these troubles on themselves. I have zero sympathy for Terence Crutcher, and a lot of sympathy for Betty Shelby, and if we don't all get a handle on this anti-police lunacy that has become popular, especially in black communities, were all going to lose our police protection, and be in very serious trouble.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/22/betty-shelby-was-justified-in-shooting-terence-crutcher/
Well, as long as you've already decided, why have an investigation?

freyasman

Senator

Good job posting the Dinkheller link, although I doubt it will make much difference to most. I don't know what the outcome of this case is going to be, but either way, that LEO is fucked. If she gets out from under the charges, she's going to have to crawl in a hole and pull it in after her, and she will never work in LE or even security again.

C

Capitalist

Probably done to appease the rampant children in Charlotte.

She's got a handful of witnesses--one has already said that if he had a gun on him at the time he would have shot too. I predict she will be found not guilty.

And then we'll have to brace for another round of Charlotte stupidity somewhere else.

Buy guns. Get your concealed carry permit. Use it.

D

Deleted member 21794

I suspect one of two things is true:

1) There is evidence we don't know about that makes filing charges a good decision.

2) We have either a wimp of a prosecutor who is assuming the fetal position or is perhaps an angry activist like that POS in Baltimore who filed false charges against six cops who we all later either acquitted or had the charges dropped.

I have no idea which is the case and look forward to seeing the details come out. What I do know is I saw the suspect keep moving towards his vehicle and am pretty sure he wasn't instructed to. I saw him appear to reach for something in his pocket with his right hand just before being shot. I saw a car stopped in the middle of the road which would indicate someone crazy, stoned, drunk or high to begin with. And of course the suspect in question had quite a rap sheet.

protectionist

Governor
Well, as long as you've already decided, why have an investigation?
There is NO REASON to have an investigation. The stupid fool was hopped up on drugs, refusing to comply with officer directions. endangering her, and he should have been shot the moment he put his hands to his pocket. End result should be no arrest. One less serial-felon dirtbag for us to worry about.

you can't shoot someone just because they're not following instructions. there has to be credible evidence of a threat to the public or the officers.

in this case there was none. the indictment appears entirely consistent with the law, and with police standards.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
There is NO REASON to have an investigation. The stupid fool was hopped up on drugs, refusing to comply with officer directions. endangering her, and he should have been shot the moment he put his hands to his pocket. End result should be no arrest. One less serial-felon dirtbag for us to worry about.
Have you seen the results of his toxicology report? How do you know he was on drugs? If the officer never actually saw a gun, why did she need to shoot him? I heard he had his hands up.
This police officer needs to prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I am not confident she will be convicted, but there still needs to be a trial. And his past criminal record has NO bearing on this case.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member

"She feared for her life". That is the same excuse they all give isn't it? I think Terence had more reason to fear for his life then she did for hers.

D

Deleted member 21794

Have you seen the results of his toxicology report? How do you know he was on drugs? If the officer never actually saw a gun, why did she need to shoot him? I heard he had his hands up.
This police officer needs to prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I am not confident she will be convicted, but there still needs to be a trial. And his past criminal record has NO bearing on this case.
Agree we need to wait for the toxicology report. To me, his previous criminal record is only for speculation, we all know it's not evidence in a trial until a suspect is proven guilty and his or her record used for the purposes of sentencing.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Agree we need to wait for the toxicology report. To me, his previous criminal record is only for speculation, we all know it's not evidence in a trial until a suspect is proven guilty and his or her record used for the purposes of sentencing.
We finally agree on something. On this one day I've agreed with you and JackDallas. I better quit while I'm ahead and not come back to PJ today.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Good job posting the Dinkheller link, although I doubt it will make much difference to most. I don't know what the outcome of this case is going to be, but either way, that LEO is fucked. If she gets out from under the charges, she's going to have to crawl in a hole and pull it in after her, and she will never work in LE or even security again.
She doesn't need to work in law enforcement. Her judgement under stress is no good. My son wanted to be a policemen when he was younger. Knowing that my son has a bad temper, I discouraged him. He became a mechanic instead. Some people are just not cut out for police work.

D

Deleted member 21794

We finally agree on something. On this one day I've agreed with you and JackDallas. I better quit while I'm ahead and not come back to PJ today.
Perhaps one of us is going insane. Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a close eye on myself for additional warning signs. ;)

protectionist

Governor
you can't shoot someone just because they're not following instructions. there has to be credible evidence of a threat to the public or the officers.

in this case there was none. the indictment appears entirely consistent with the law, and with police standards.
FALSE! I just watched the video, and even though the suspect is mostly concealed by the bodies of onrushing cops, you are able to see in the last couple of seconds of it where the suspect hands come down, while he's standing by his car, and it does look like he's putting his hand in the window.

Shooting was justified. No reason to put your life at risk one iota, to accomodate a lawless piece of crap.

protectionist

Governor
Boy, do you ever not no much about this subject. I've got news for you. If you wait to shoot, until you see a gun, YOU'RE DEAD.

As I said in the previous post, he only had his hands up while he was walking to the car. Then his hands went down, and in the car window. That is time to shoot. Officer was correct.

The turd asked for a bullet and he got it. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm now taking applications for the Betty Shelby fan club.

protectionist

Governor
"She feared for her life". That is the same excuse they all give isn't it? I think Terence had more reason to fear for his life then she did for hers.
I suggest you become a cop, confront a suspect who puts his hands in his pocket or in a car window, and THEN come back here and post , (if you're still alive to tell about it)

protectionist

Governor
She doesn't need to work in law enforcement. Her judgement under stress is no good. My son wanted to be a policemen when he was younger. Knowing that my son has a bad temper, I discouraged him. He became a mechanic instead. Some people are just not cut out for police work.
You are clearly not qualified to judge this woman. You don't have a clue of what you're talking about.