• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Two More Obamacare Plans COLLAPSE

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21794

Liberals- they're ending up like Baghdad Bob, laughingly denying the obvious: ObamaScam is a DISASTER.

Nearly a third of the innovative health insurance plans created under the Affordable Care Act will be out of business at the end of 2015, following announcements Friday that plans in Oregon and Colorado are folding.
ONE THIRD will be out of business. ONE THIRD.

Federal health officials have been cracking down recently on many of the plans, warning them that their finances, enrollment or business model needed to shape up. Some state regulators have applied pressure of their own.
This is classic. The federal government creates a disaster. And now they "crack down" on the people forced to live under the disastrous rules they created in the first place!

But it was a move by the Department of Health and Human Services that the four closing co-ops say was critically destabilizing. HHS announced Oct. 1 that it could afford to pay insurers participating in the federal and state-run exchanges just 12.6 percent of nearly $3 billion they were owed under a temporary provision of the health-care law. Known as risk corridors, it is intended to help cushion insurers that end up with sicker customers and bigger medical claims than they had anticipated.
Nice. So after ramming the disastrous ObamaScam down everyone's collective throat, they leave the organizations that set up operations high and dry.

Seriously people, what kind of idiot would still think ObamaScam was a good idea, given the lies about saving $2,500 per year (some say that savings is right around the corner!), keeping your own policy, keeping your own doctor, the dozens of tax increases and now this????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/two-more-obamacare-health-insurance-plans-collapse/2015/10/16/cc324fd0-7449-11e5-8d93-0af317ed58c9_story.html?tid=sm_tw

D

Deleted member 21794

I wonder many will pay that IRS penalty for not having insurance now.

Thanks Obama!

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I wonder many will pay that IRS penalty for not having insurance now.

Thanks Obama!

the ones receiving it paid for by others love the plan..no penalty, no deductable,,greatly subsidised costs....the rest, including doctors,,not so much..

the "penalty" is now at $95 per person or about 1% of income...family of 3 =$285 in fines to opt out because they are not subsidised nor getting it "free"...so they remain uninsured because they cannot afford the unsubsidised cost a middleclass family of three would have to pay..

next year[2016] the penalty jumps to 2.5% of income or $695 per person in fines..family of 3 =$2085 in penalty.. still no insurance...

the penalty will then rise with inflation after 2016..
the premiums have been rising steadily as well,,,far out pacing the pre-ACA raises...as are the deductibles,, [that replaced co-pays of $10-20 per doctor visit] these deductibles that usually range from $1000 to 4500 per year are expected to rise as well...

the average cost [mid age, mid plan] is approx. $138.00 per person per month...with a deductible of $2500...$138 x 12=$1656 in premiums+$2500 in deductibles = $4156 per year...BEFORE THE "INSURANCE" PAYS FOR ANYTHING...

affordable my ass...

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
I'm surprised more people do not opt for the penalty. More often than not, its a smaller hit.

Seriously people, what kind of idiot would still think ObamaScam was a good idea, given the lies about saving $2,500 per year (some say that savings is right around the corner!), keeping your own policy, keeping your own doctor, the dozens of tax increases and now this????
Sky high deductibles are creating another catch-22 where those who have insurance can't afford to use it:
"WASHINGTON — Obama administration officials, urging people to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, have trumpeted the low premiums available on the law’s new marketplaces.

"But for many consumers, the sticker shock is coming not on the front end, when they purchase the plans, but on the back end when they get sick: sky-high deductibles that are leaving some newly insured feeling nearly as vulnerable as they were before they had coverage.

“'The deductible, $3,000 a year, makes it impossible to actually go to the doctor,' said David R. Reines, 60, of Jefferson Township, N.J., a former hardware salesman with chronic knee pain. 'We have insurance, but can’t afford to use it.'”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/us/politics/many-say-high-deductibles-make-their-health-law-insurance-all-but-useless.html

"Former WellPoint VP Elizabeth Fowler sits behind her boss, Sen. Max Baucus, as he announces in 2009 that the health care bill will have no public option..."
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/dec/05/obamacare-fowler-lobbyist-industry1
"Whatever one's views on Obamacare were and are: the bill's mandate that everyone purchase the products of the private health insurance industry, unaccompanied by any public alternative, was a huge gift to that industry; as Wheeler wrote at the time: 'to the extent that Liz Fowler is the author of this document, we might as well consider WellPoint its author as well.'

"Watch the five-minute Bill Moyers report from 2009, embedded below, on the key role played in all of this by Liz Fowler and the 'revolving door' between the health insurance/lobbying industry and government officials at the time this bill was written and passed."

D

Deleted member 21794

Sky high deductibles are creating another catch-22 where those who have insurance can't afford to use it:
"WASHINGTON — Obama administration officials, urging people to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, have trumpeted the low premiums available on the law’s new marketplaces.

"But for many consumers, the sticker shock is coming not on the front end, when they purchase the plans, but on the back end when they get sick: sky-high deductibles that are leaving some newly insured feeling nearly as vulnerable as they were before they had coverage.

“'The deductible, $3,000 a year, makes it impossible to actually go to the doctor,' said David R. Reines, 60, of Jefferson Township, N.J., a former hardware salesman with chronic knee pain. 'We have insurance, but can’t afford to use it.'”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/us/politics/many-say-high-deductibles-make-their-health-law-insurance-all-but-useless.html

"Former WellPoint VP Elizabeth Fowler sits behind her boss, Sen. Max Baucus, as he announces in 2009 that the health care bill will have no public option..."
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/dec/05/obamacare-fowler-lobbyist-industry1
"Whatever one's views on Obamacare were and are: the bill's mandate that everyone purchase the products of the private health insurance industry, unaccompanied by any public alternative, was a huge gift to that industry; as Wheeler wrote at the time: 'to the extent that Liz Fowler is the author of this document, we might as well consider WellPoint its author as well.'

"Watch the five-minute Bill Moyers report from 2009, embedded below, on the key role played in all of this by Liz Fowler and the 'revolving door' between the health insurance/lobbying industry and government officials at the time this bill was written and passed."
I've read some pieces on that, this one is also pretty good and in line with what I've read. I doubt Obama or his handlers planned it this way, but I'd definitely call this an unexpected benefit of ObamaScam: people paying premiums but can't afford to use the insurance. What a windfall for the insurance companies!

On second thought, maybe this was by design.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
i liked the plan i had prior to the ACA... it was affordable, and covered what i needed..

now its not...the middle class gets shafted once more.

Sparky2

Council Member
I have opposed Obamacare from the very beginning, and I have been consistent on this point. My reasons?

Simple:

It was passed in a hasty and crooked fashion, and most of the congressmen/congresswomen who voted for it admitted that they never bothered to read it.

It creates nearly 150 new Government agencies, which only serves to grow the government, increase the bureaucratic roadblocks (not streamline them), and drive up costs. (Somebody has to pay the salaries of all those new government bureaucrats, and that somebody is you and I the taxpayers.) Obamacare is not one law, but rather two separate laws. And more to the point here in 2015, it is a never-ending string of rules and regulations being written and re-written daily by the IRS as they implement it.

In that vein, it hands the management and administration of America’s health care over to an existing culture of laziness, lethargy, waste, fraud, and abuse. Anybody who has ever worked for the government can back me up on this.

Heck, anybody who has ever called the IRS on the telephone over the past few decades and tried to get a consistent answer to a problem (let alone talk to an actual human being) can back me up on this.

Obama administration cronies have been hired into ‘healthcare navigator’ positions. Many of them are ACORN crooks who have no experience whatsoever with health care management, customer service, or creating new efficiencies. And now these cronies are tenured government employees who are virtually UNFIREABLE.

Health insurance premiums for most Americans have already skyrocketed under Obamacare, and the projections are that it is only going to get worse.

And lastly,

Obamacare does not provide health care for all Americans.

It is merely designed to provide health insurance for a larger number of Americans than before. And at a cost of 2.6 TRILLION taxpayer dollars, that just isn’t worth it.

NOTHING is worth the damage that this law is causing to what was once the greatest health care system in the world.

In summary; Obamacare will go down in history as the most convoluted, expensive, partisan-political, morally-bankrupt package of legislation ever perpetrated upon the American people. Decades and even centuries from now, 'Obamacare' will be the pejorative expression people use when trying to describe something hopelessly dicked-up and utterly without redeeming features.
:(