• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

U.S. Economy roaring back. Sorry, snowflakes.

why? should we laud continued job losses?

odd position.

(yes, we'll very likely see it diminish again. But, am I clear, that you instead prefer to cheer employment loss??)
Remember when Bush hung up the "mission accomplished" sign. People cheered that. they were wrong to cheer that, because it was complete bullshit, the mission wasn't accomplished, just like now, the economy is still in the shitter and right-wingers will use a decent jobs report to cluck their feathers and declare victory when the job isn't anywhere near done.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Remember when Bush hung up the "mission accomplished" sign. People cheered that. they were wrong to cheer that, because it was complete bullshit, the mission wasn't accomplished, just like now, the economy is still in the shitter and right-wingers will use a decent jobs report to cluck their feathers and declare victory when the job isn't anywhere near done.
cool.

did someone say... 'all fixed'?

you're too far a field.

and, if it were any other president... you'd be rah rah ing...

why not just acknowledge job gains...? it's pretty obviously a good thing. despite the long way to go..

you'd rather those 4.5 continue to be unemployed?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They said the economy was "roaring back". I would not describe it that was considering what we know will be in next month's job report.
so, a record number of jobs in one month.. is not roaring back.

so, obama in that context didnt fix shit.

amirite?

(that is...your measure...of needing to exceed 4.5 million in every month....to at least be nominal.....)

where?

it is a monthly jobs report. the sum f jobs in the month.

what context did you want for a monthly count of jobs added?
Yes, it is a single data point, that will change dramatically in the opposite direction next month. Which is why I wouldn't use it to say the american economy is roaring back.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it is a single data point, that will change dramatically in the opposite direction next month. Which is why I wouldn't use it to say the american economy is roaring back.
but the number is in front of you now. you have no number for next month.

that renders your position invalid. you simply dont know.

in this moment with this data, the economy added 4.5 mil jobs. bringing the current total UE rate to 11%

in the midst of universal destruction and unrest... i'd say not bad. irrespective of president.

i understand you are stuck though.. so... carry on.

in this moment with this data, the economy added 4.5 mil jobs. bringing the current total UE rate to 11%

in the midst of universal destruction and unrest... i'd say not bad. irrespective of president.

You don't know that Arizona, Texas, Florida, and California have shut down again to varying degrees? You don't know what that will mean will for the unemployment number? It's as simple as putting two and two together. And when you add two and two together you don't get "the economy is roaring back"

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You don't know that Arizona, Texas, Florida, and California have shut down again to varying degrees? You don't know what that will mean will for the unemployment number? It's as simple as putting two and two together. And when you add two and two together you don't get "the economy is roaring back"
i do know. I do. two plus two is four.

meanwhile, the economy has added 4.5 mil jobs in a month. the UE rate is 11.

in a global pandemic, and in the midst of massive unrest.

is a good thing.

I still understand yer stuck, though.

How high of an unemployment rate would you have to see to say it is bad irrespective of president?

Boca

Governor
If Trump is going to run on the economy when the economy is in the shitter he is going to lose in a landslide.
But it won't be in the shitter.....

Sane people, and their are millions, know the ChinaVirus and the ensuing lockdowns are to blame for the economy. They also know Trump's policies took it to an all-time high and can again. And they also know Biden's policies, raising taxes and going green will tank the markets.

Dow up today 387pts. 40% above the 18,591 low on March 23rd. At that rate for the next 4 months well over 35,000 and 20% above the all-time high.

Point@Figure Chart Dow Industrials

indu.jpg

But it won't be in the shitter.....

Sane people, and their are millions, know the ChinaVirus and the ensuing lockdowns are to blame for the economy. They also know Trump's policies took it to an all-time high and can again. And they also know Biden's policies, raising taxes and going green will tank the markets.

Dow up today 387pts. 40% above the 18,591 low on March 23rd. At that rate for the next 4 months well over 35,000 and 20% above the all-time high.

Point@Figure Chart Dow Industrials

View attachment 54074
I have no idea what that chart is, but straight lines up are always bullsh*t.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The number be 11% unemployment which is the highest its been in the past 60 years or so, so I am just curious how high it's gotta go before you do consider it bad irrespective of president?
i've already replied. it is bad.

still marching the doctrinaire march.....

hup hup....bippity bup