• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

U.S. not prepared for coronavirus

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It's another big blunder of Trump's to downgrade what is so important to everyone. Playing catch up is not very helpful now to those in danger of dying or contracting the Coronavirus.
Why did Ziemer leave his post?

Ziemer is a well-respected public health leader who was considered highly effective leading the President’s Malaria Initiative under George W. Bush and Barack Obama before joining the NSC last year. While Palladino said he left “on the warmest terms,” an individual familiar with the specifics behind the reorganization said “he was basically pushed out. He struggled to preserve himself and the integrity of his team, and he failed.”

kaz

Small l libertarian
Thanks Trump. That would take forethought and planning. Instead, Trump abolished what was set in place by Obama to deal with a pandemic.

Typical. Posting articles that call Trump xenophobic at the beginning of the article tell you how seriously to take them right there

voyager

4Q2247365
I am so disgusted at how this is being handled.

I have an idea lets bring ALL infected Americans back to America and don't restrict travel.

What could go wrong

Bugsy McGurk

President

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It's another big blunder of Trump's to downgrade what is so important to everyone. Playing catch up is not very helpful now to those in danger of dying or contracting the Coronavirus.

Ziemer is a well-respected public health leader who was considered highly effective leading the President’s Malaria Initiative under George W. Bush and Barack Obama before joining the NSC last year. While Palladino said he left “on the warmest terms,” an individual familiar with the specifics behind the reorganization said “he was basically pushed out. He struggled to preserve himself and the integrity of his team, and he failed.”
Ziemer was smarter than Trump and tried to do good policy. Trump can't have that....plus I think Trump is trying to do his worst....to push his supporters to the brink. Will they still support him in the morning?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I am so disgusted at how this is being handled.

I have an idea lets bring ALL infected Americans back to America and don't restrict travel.

What could go wrong
This is medical science and Trump and his Trumpies don't do science.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Yes, he was smarter than Trump, Trump's actions have now left us unprepared.
The White House proposal “is threatening to claw back funding whose precise purpose is to help the United States be able to respond quickly in the event of a crisis,” said Carolyn Reynolds, a vice president at PATH, a global health technology nonprofit.
Collectively, warns Jeremy Konyndyk, who led foreign disaster assistance at the U.S. Agency for International Development during the Obama administration, “What this all adds up to is a potentially really concerning rollback of progress on U.S. health security preparedness.”

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Did you and libs say same in 2009?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Read my link above...

The flu is still regarded as a killer..
We had/have a flu vaccine, although it's not a universal vaccine. It is considered to be helpful.
So helpful 80,000 Americans died of flu in 2018!

Libs post as if this is first virus dealt with...…………….why

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
If you would read the link I posted above -- you would understand why...

It's never ending the way new viruses can appear apparently. Some are more deadly/contagious that others. That's why we need funding and qualified officials to head up global health security.
Trump sends qualified people packing and doesn't replace them and cuts funding, or he combines much needed agencies. :rolleyes:

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
Read my link above...

The flu is still regarded as a killer..
We had/have a flu vaccine, although it's not a universal vaccine. It is considered to be helpful.
Caps lock excuse me.
OBAMA REFUSED TO SECURE THE BORDER HIS REASONING THE HORSES HAVE ALREADY LEFT THE BARN

Thanks Trump. That would take forethought and planning. Instead, Trump abolished what was set in place by Obama to deal with a pandemic.

Thank goodness we were already in a trade war with communist china, eh? Reduces the number of infected people flying back and forth.

My heart bleeds for apple and its $200 billion stashed in offshore banks to avoid taxes. They wont have a steady supply of Chinese made widgets if this keeps up, and they might have to actually consider producing phones here and hire actual americans.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Thank goodness we were already in a trade war with communist china, eh? Reduces the number of infected people flying back and forth.

My heart bleeds for apple and its $200 billion stashed in offshore banks to avoid taxes. They wont have a steady supply of Chinese made widgets if this keeps up, and they might have to actually consider producing phones here and hire actual americans.
What does that have to do with the Trump admin not being prepared for pandemics? Not a thing.