• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

UAW Pension Costs killing GM share prices.

degsme

Council Member
The Solyndra Loan was refused by the Bush Administration.
So they reapplied. Companies do that all the time. Still haven't shown the link to any sort of donations to the Obama campaign. Companies donate to the candidate they think will foster a better climate for their business all the time. Oil Cos did it with GWB.

Tesla got zero funding under the Bush administration,
they got Tax credits under GWB administration

a total of 30 billion in green energy subsidies were issued by Obama's energy department,
Source please...

money that came directly from the Stimulus package.
not possible since the Green Energy portion of the Stimulus package was $6 Billion

And a flat tax would indeed give every one the same rules to play under.
Nope. Because the complexity of the tax structure has nothing to do with its progressivity.

And progressivity simply evens the adverse impact that taxation makes. IE Leveling the impact of the taxes on everyone. Level playing field

Again are you saying you don't understand what "Diminishing Marginal Utility of Income" means?

Man the stinky liberal BS is really flowing.....

Fact: Solyndra Loan was rejected by Bush and approved by Obama. Of course they re applied under Obama, he had a nice big bag of cash from the stimulus package.

And you're correct it wasn't 30 billion in green energy loans from the stimulus, it was 77 billion.

>>>After President Barack Obama took office, Congress raised the U.S. Department of Energy's total guarantee capacity to $77 billion, as part of the stimulus, according to the Wall Street Journal.<<<<

You can read all the real facts right here, if you can get away from the stinky liberal half truth and lies.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/opinion/editorials/n-j-editorials/2012/01/09/us-should-rein-in-energy-subsidies.html

But since I have a life, and can't spend it refuting your liberal BS, I think from now on, I'll simply ignore it, for the most part..

degsme

Council Member
Man the stinky liberal BS is really flowing.....

Fact: Solyndra Loan was rejected by Bush and approved by Obama. Of course they re applied under Obama, he had a nice big bag of cash from the stimulus package.
Hmmm so there goes the evidence that this was Crony Capitalism

And you're correct it wasn't 30 billion in green energy loans from the stimulus, it was 77 billion.

>>>After President Barack Obama took office, Congress raised the U.S. Department of Energy's total guarantee capacity to $77 billion, as part of the stimulus, according to the Wall Street Journal.<<<<
Hmm so the TOTAL amount of loans that the DoE can Guarantee - this includes FOSSIL FUELS, Nuclear Power etc. was raised to $77 Billion

Still waiting for you to confirm that these all went to "green energy".... still no citation.

FACTS MATTER
got any?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
The letter, which is part of a proposed four-year labor contract with GM workers, does not detail specific steps GM and the UAW might take to address the pension problem.
I don't put a lot of stock in a lack of details. But then again, you voted for Obama, so I guess lack of detail is what you're all about.