• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ukraine company BURISMA paid Joe Biden $900,000 !!!!

that's precisely the point, it's not just a one guy thing, everybody was looting the government. Poroshenko had just taken over from Yanukovich... Poroshenko himself was questionable. The money is being held by great Britain were intended to be an initial attempt at recovering the billions of dollars stolen from the Ukrainian people..

It's a nonsensical move why remove a low-level grifter...
He was an impediment to getting the higher-level grifters.

llovejim

Current Champion
that's precisely the point, it's not just a one guy thing, everybody was looting the government. Poroshenko had just taken over from Yanukovich... Poroshenko himself was questionable. The money is being held by great Britain were intended to be an initial attempt at recovering the billions of dollars stolen from the Ukrainian people..

It's a nonsensical move why remove a low-level grifter...
he was the obvious one that needed to go or how do you explain this-

EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin
Political crisis continues as deals on a new coalition and premier prove elusive
Tue, Mar 29, 2016, 18:41
Daniel McLaughlin in Kiev

Viktor Shokin, who has been fired as prosecutor general of Ukraine after an overwhelming vote in parliament. He was accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft. Photograph: Roman Pilipey/EPA

European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

“This decision creates an opportunity to make a fresh start in the prosecutor general’s office. I hope that the new prosecutor general will ensure that [his] office . . . becomes independent from political influence and pressure and enjoys public trust,” said Jan Tombinski, the EU’s envoy to Ukraine.

“There is still a lack of tangible results of investigations into serious cases . . . as well as investigations of high-level officials within the prosecutor general’s office,” he added.

Mr Tombinski said the EU was also concerned about the resignation or dismissal of several “reform-oriented” prosecutors and reports that Mr Shokin’s office was investigating a “highly-respected” anti-corruption group – an obvious reference to Kiev’s Anti-Corruption Action Centre, which had fiercely criticised Mr Shokin.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/eu-hails-sacking-of-ukraine-s-prosecutor-viktor-shokin-1.2591190

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There wasn't an opportunity for that.
How would you know, were you there? 1 billion dollars in loan guarantees seems to be an awful lot to withhold what is ostensibly being argued as a do-nothing prosecutor. meanwhile all around the entirety of the Ukrainian government basically is either fleeing the country due to corruption or is concurrently being replaced by questionable and likely also corrupt new politicians. Yet somehow Biden focused his ire on this one dude,

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
He was an impediment to getting the higher-level grifters.
Which higher-level grifters did he then get? As you know the case fell apart, and the 23 million dollars being held by great Britain was not returned to the Ukrainian people. if, as you say, the impediment was removed, why then not continue to withhold the billion dollars while further action was taken to ensure the removal of additional corrupt figures? Instead we have the release of a billion dollars and loan guarantees

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
he was the obvious one that needed to go or how do you explain this-

EU hails sacking of Ukraine’s prosecutor Viktor Shokin
Political crisis continues as deals on a new coalition and premier prove elusive
Tue, Mar 29, 2016, 18:41
Daniel McLaughlin in Kiev

Viktor Shokin, who has been fired as prosecutor general of Ukraine after an overwhelming vote in parliament. He was accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft. Photograph: Roman Pilipey/EPA

European Union has welcomed the dismissal of Ukraine’s scandal-ridden prosecutor general and called for a crackdown on corruption, even as the country’s political crisis deepened over efforts to form a new ruling coalition and appoint a new prime minister.

Ukraine’s parliament voted overwhelmingly to fire Viktor Shokin, ridding the beleaguered prosecutor’s office of a figure who is accused of blocking major cases against allies and influential figures and stymying moves to root out graft.

“This decision creates an opportunity to make a fresh start in the prosecutor general’s office. I hope that the new prosecutor general will ensure that [his] office . . . becomes independent from political influence and pressure and enjoys public trust,” said Jan Tombinski, the EU’s envoy to Ukraine.

“There is still a lack of tangible results of investigations into serious cases . . . as well as investigations of high-level officials within the prosecutor general’s office,” he added.

Mr Tombinski said the EU was also concerned about the resignation or dismissal of several “reform-oriented” prosecutors and reports that Mr Shokin’s office was investigating a “highly-respected” anti-corruption group – an obvious reference to Kiev’s Anti-Corruption Action Centre, which had fiercely criticised Mr Shokin.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/eu-hails-sacking-of-ukraine-s-prosecutor-viktor-shokin-1.2591190

What about it needs to be explained, did somebody say he shouldn't go? My question was why that guy? The Ukraine had just elected poroshenko, himself an oligarch with questionable background. The entire country is in disarray as yanukovich and his cronies flee the country with billions of dollars. Great Britain has frozen 23 million dollars in assets, the Ukrainian Rada is rife with corrupt politicians, self-dealing individuals, and oligarchs set upon self enriching themselves. And Biden walks in there holding a billion dollar loan guarantee hostage and instead says hey do me a favor and fire this low-level dude...wtf

Which higher-level grifters did he then get?
Did who get?
As you know the case fell apart, and the 23 million dollars being held by great Britain was not returned to the Ukrainian people. if, as you say, the impediment was removed, why then not continue to withhold the billion dollars while further action was taken to ensure the removal of additional corrupt figures? Instead we have the release of a billion dollars and loan guarantees
Yea, no single action is going to fix corruption in Ukraine. I am not going to pretend Shokin was the only impediment to ending corruption, just one of many.

How would you know, were you there? 1 billion dollars in loan guarantees seems to be an awful lot to withhold what is ostensibly being argued as a do-nothing prosecutor. meanwhile all around the entirety of the Ukrainian government basically is either fleeing the country due to corruption or is concurrently being replaced by questionable and likely also corrupt new politicians. Yet somehow Biden focused his ire on this one dude,
It wasn't Biden's ire. It was the Obama's administration's, it was the IMF's, and the EU's. Biden is just the one who gave an interview about it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Did who get?

Yea, no single action is going to fix corruption in Ukraine. I am not going to pretend Shokin was the only impediment to ending corruption, just one of many.

Who coincidentally was tied to theinvestigation which peripherally involved the son of the vice President of the United States. The owner of said company accused of self-dealing while sitting on the Ukrainian Parliament. But the move here was to sack the investigator for his inactions, but not the parliamentarian we stood accused of grifting millions of dollars?

Zlochevskys assets to the tune of 23 million dollars were literally sitting Frozen in a British bank account. The Biden flew over there specifically to address shockin who at that point in time stood accused of no crime, he was the target??

llovejim

Current Champion
What about it needs to be explained, did somebody say he shouldn't go? My question was why that guy? The Ukraine had just elected poroshenko, himself an oligarch with questionable background. The entire country is in disarray as yanukovich and his cronies flee the country with billions of dollars. Great Britain has frozen 23 million dollars in assets, the Ukrainian Rada is rife with corrupt politicians, self-dealing individuals, and oligarchs set upon self enriching themselves. And Biden walks in there holding a billion dollar loan guarantee hostage and instead says hey do me a favor and fire this low-level dude...wtf
why do you think you know more than the US and EU in 2016 when they put pressure on Ukraine to fire this ass before any more funding would be given so he could let his buddies rip it off? What are you even arguing about? Why would the Irish Times post how glad the EU was, ecstatic even, this corrupt ass was taken down by the Ukraine Parliament if it was not commonly accepted by the EU? Just take biden and the US out of it, like this story from the Irish Times did, and accept their account and realize they know more about it than you do.

llovejim

Current Champion
Who coincidentally was tied to theinvestigation which peripherally involved the son of the vice President of the United States. The owner of said company accused of self-dealing while sitting on the Ukrainian Parliament. But the move here was to sack the investigator for his inactions, but not the parliamentarian we stood accused of grifting millions of dollars?

Zlochevskys assets to the tune of 23 million dollars were literally sitting Frozen in a British bank account. The Biden flew over there specifically to address shockin who at that point in time stood accused of no crime, he was the target??
your post makes no sense. what could an american lawyer hired by Burisma two years after they were first investigated have to do with it? or his dad? what the hell are you even talking about?

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
your post makes no sense. what could an american lawyer hired by Burisma two years after they were first investigated have to do with it? or his dad? what the hell are you even talking about?
Yet they were being investigated while Hunter Biden was there. You make it sound like Hunter was never there LOL

OR once you are investigated you can never be investigated again ?

The timeline of the "illicit funds" coincided in part with the time Hunter Biden held a place on the firm's board.
The younger Biden was reportedly paid as much as $1 million per year for his time on the board.
Investigators in Ukraine filed a 15-page "notice of suspicion" indicating they were "looking at the possibility that the $3.4 million paid to Hunter Biden's firm may have been part of the illicit funds that were moving through the company.

You should be for looking into this.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

Biden / Democrats are upset the Ukraine didn't help Hillary enough to win.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
why do you think you know more than the US and EU in 2016 when they put pressure on Ukraine to fire this ass before any more funding would be given so he could let his buddies rip it off? What are you even arguing about? Why would the Irish Times post how glad the EU was, ecstatic even, this corrupt ass was taken down by the Ukraine Parliament if it was not commonly accepted by the EU? Just take biden and the US out of it, like this story from the Irish Times did, and accept their account and realize they know more about it than you do?
I don't follow Jim. I don't claim to know more than anybody, but I do know a lot, am I just supposed to shut up because you reference the Irish times? Are you saying because the Irish times published an article about the happiness of the European Union, I'm now not allowed to comment upon the situation in Ukraine? I'm not allowed to question events that occurred in 2014 through 2016? I'm of Ukrainian descent. My parents were born there and flood during world war II, my grandparents owned businesses there. I'm actively involved in my Ukrainian community, and I'm very much invested in Ukrainian politics. I even have friends that work in conjunction with the Ukrainian government. That's why I think I'm allowed to offer an opinion jim, because I live it everyday.

do you need any more information jim? Or should I just be quiet because the Irish times said the European Union was happy?

Actually before I forget, friends of mine joined a reception when zalenski was in New York on the 23rd of September, they took him for pizza and other things, that gives me enough cache to speak about zelenski in Ukraine? I was going to try and go for pizza but I couldn't make it

Who coincidentally was tied to theinvestigation which peripherally involved the son of the vice President of the United States.
No, the investigation did not peripherally involve Hunter Biden.
The owner of said company accused of self-dealing while sitting on the Ukrainian Parliament.But the move here was to sack the investigator for his inactions,
That was the consensus, yes
but not the parliamentarian we stood accused of grifting millions of dollars?
Somehow I don't think leveraging loan guarantees is going to get a country to sack their own democratically elected parliament. That just sounds like a plan guaranteed to fail.

Not doing one's job isn't a crime. It is just a really good reason to get fired.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
so, despite all the caterwaul about corruption.. (we are at least agreed that Ukraine is, and was at that time extremely corrupt, yes Jim?)..you find it perfectly all right that the son of the VP of the US enriched himself at the expence of the Ukrainian people...with the monies that Zlochevsky enriched Burisma with, by granting himself his own permits..and whose earnings were currently frozen in offshore accoutns and in great britain.... during a time of huge corruption, wherein the govt of Ukraine at that time was in full flight..

it was just koinky dink that Hunter wound up working there... with no experience in gas extraction, or ukraine.. whatsoever?

nothing to see here...carry on? seems odd to me, as many in your position, openly shit the bed when even an inkling of influence falls upon trump's famile (read: ivanka makin ties in china..earning while the tarriff situation is ongoing..)

odd stuff

o_O

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No, the investigation did not peripherally involve Hunter Biden.

That was the consensus, yes

Somehow I don't think leveraging loan guarantees is going to get a country to sack their own democratically elected parliament. That just sounds like a plan guaranteed to fail.

Not doing one's job isn't a crime. It is just a really good reason to get fired.

I was speaking of Shokin.

Hunter is not tied to the investigation that we know of. He was earning from a corrupt oligarch/member of ukraines parliament..who was suspected of self dealing.

I was speaking of Shokin.

Hunter is not tied to the investigation that we know of. He was earning from a corrupt oligarch/member of ukraines parliament..who was suspected of self dealing.
Burisma employed a lot of people that were involved in a legally operating business. You are fleshing out a wonderful conspiracy theory, that doesn't tie either of the Biden's to any wrong doing.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
so, despite all the caterwaul about corruption.. (we are at least agreed that Ukraine is, and was at that time extremely corrupt, yes Jim?)..you find it perfectly all right that the son of the VP of the US enriched himself at the expence of the Ukrainian people...with the monies that Zlochevsky enriched Burisma with, by granting himself his own permits..and whose earnings were currently frozen in offshore accoutns and in great britain.... during a time of huge corruption, wherein the govt of Ukraine at that time was in full flight..

it was just koinky dink that Hunter wound up working there... with no experience in gas extraction, or ukraine.. whatsoever?

nothing to see here...carry on? seems odd to me, as many in your position, openly shit the bed when even an inkling of influence falls upon trump's famile (read: ivanka makin ties in china..earning while the tarriff situation is ongoing..)

odd stuff

o_O

I guess people don't understand people in power getting no show jobs for family and friends. Well unless they are democrats. They are ALWAYS on the up and up. :eek:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Burisma employed a lot of people that were involved in a legally operating business. You are fleshing out a wonderful conspiracy theory, that doesn't tie either of the Biden's to any wrong doing.
did someone say Burisma was at issue? (other than it's being run by an oligarch, who self enriched his company through self dealing, and who hid assets in offshore accounts..)

i'm not fleshing out anything...

Did hunter earn from? yes

was/is he the son of Joe Biden? yes

does it llok odd that the sone of the veep, who had no gas and ukraine experience just landed on the board of a company that operates in one of the MOST corrupt countries on earth? yes.

which of those is conspiratorial in your estimation?

if i replace Hunter with Trumo....everyone would be [Unwelcome language removed] greased lightning...