• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Unemployment rate is 13.3%.... Trump declares victory

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
As you know, those charts do not refute the facts...

The US leads the world by far in COVID infections and deaths. And yet you just can’t stop fluffing Trump.

Seriously, why aren’t you mortified?

;-)
As you know, the charts ARE the facts. The death rate in the USA is one of the lowest in the world. Which is why you seek to use total "infections and deaths" - because when compared to all of the much smaller european nations, it makes the US rates look worse than they actually are.

So again, you are trying to propagandize the issue. Seriously, why aren't you mortified?

Bugsy McGurk

President
As you know, the charts ARE the facts. The death rate in the USA is one of the lowest in the world. Which is why you seek to use total "infections and deaths" - because when compared to all of the much smaller european nations, it makes the US rates look worse than they actually are.

So again, you are trying to propagandize the issue. Seriously, why aren't you mortified?
In Trumplandia, while the US has the highest infection rates and COVID deaths in the world, by far, its numbers are “the lowest in the world.”

You’re shameless. Fluff away.

Raoul_Luke

In Trumplandia, while the US has the highest infection rates and COVID deaths in the world, by far, its numbers are “the lowest in the world.”

You’re shameless. Fluff away.
Again, the chart doesn't lie:

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 7.36.55 PM.png

That's the only way to actually compare between nations, as "infections" are a function of testing, and, as you demanded, the US has now performed more covid-19 tests than any other nation; and total deaths are a function of population, which, as I am sure you know, is not uniform across nations. Lying with (meaningless) statistics is the hallmark of a propagandist, and you sir, are certainly the most prolific propagandist on this forum.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Again, the chart doesn't lie:

View attachment 52811

That's the only way to actually compare between nations, as "infections" are a function of testing, and, as you demanded, the US has now performed more covid-19 tests than any other nation; and total deaths are a function of population, which, as I am sure you know, is not uniform across nations. Lying with (meaningless) statistics is the hallmark of a propagandist, and you sir, are certainly the most prolific propagandist on this forum.
Hey, I fully support your right to fluff the president of the country with the world’s highest numbers of COVID infections and deaths. In return, you must support my right to comment on your bizarre cultism.

Raoul_Luke

Hey, I fully support your right to fluff the president of the country with the world’s highest numbers of COVID infections and deaths. In return, you must support my right to comment on your bizarre cultism.
I don't see any of the Board's lefties racing in here to support your effort to gaslight on this issue by presenting completely irrelevant "factoids" as "evidence" of a failure that simply doesn't exist. I guess some lefties do have (a modicum) of shame...but not you!

Bugsy McGurk

President
I don't see any of the Board's lefties racing in here to support your effort to gaslight on this issue by presenting completely irrelevant "factoids" as "evidence" of a failure that simply doesn't exist. I guess some lefties do have (a modicum) of shame...but not you!
I assure you - the fact that we have the highest number of COVID infections and deaths are not considered “factoids” among sane people. They are VERY significant indicia of the utter ineptitude of your cult leader.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
As you know, those charts do not refute the facts...

The US leads the world by far in COVID infections and deaths. And yet you just can’t stop fluffing Trump.

Seriously, why aren’t you mortified?

;-)
400,000 dead in the world
100,000 in USA

14 how many covid rioters cases:)

You failed math

Raoul_Luke

I assure you - the fact that we have the highest number of COVID infections and deaths are not considered “factoids” among sane people. They are VERY significant indicia of the utter ineptitude of your cult leader.
One would, if one were honest, expect that the country that has performed the most tests (by far) would naturally show the most (confirmed) infections. We, of course, could have eschewed testing, and we'd have one of the lowest "infections."

Which is why that stat is so meaningless to anyone who is not, in fact, a propagandist. And, again, if one were honest, one would, of course, adjust the deaths for differences in population. It is the only honest way to evaluate performance.

Do the math...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
How is Trump responsible for the joblessness associated with state governors shutting down 90% of businesses? Under the circumstances, 13% is an awesome number, provided it doesn't get stuck there for the intermediate term. The fact is that he had made real measurable gains in the LFPR of 25 to 54 year olds, prior to this covid-19 "closure" nonsense.

View attachment 52782

If it can get back close to what it was before you idiots started yapping about "social distancing" before the election, Trump can rightly take credit for an astounding turnaround.
1% gain inLFPR....WOW

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Only you, or of course, any of the Forum's (other) left wing propagandists, would look at that trend and find something to criticize.
I was criticizing you...your RNC talking points are not going to get Trump reelected. Trump came along at the right time...his tax cut got him a tiny bump in GDP...deficit spending is ok to fund a tax cut eh?

Raoul_Luke

Once again you would show your partisan nature by ignoring the downward trend in LFPR started when a republican congress and president were in control.
Once again, you forget that nobody (NO BODY) was a harsher critic of the Bush administration than I was. But, of course, I also point out the fact that, with a democratic congress and president in control, they were unable to arrest the decline, which is why I refer to that entire period as the "Bushbama" administration.

Raoul_Luke

I was criticizing you...your RNC talking points are not going to get Trump reelected. Trump came along at the right time...his tax cut got him a tiny bump in GDP...deficit spending is ok to fund a tax cut eh?
No, you are criticizing the person you would like me to be. Find me a post of mine where I ever suggested that deficit spending is ok to fund a tax cut. The laughable part of all this is how you keep pretending you don't know full well that I not only do not parrot "RNC talking points," but that I have also repeatedly (TODAY in fact) criticized both the (inept) Republicans in Congress AND Donald Trump's claim of "mission accomplished" wrt the economy.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, you are criticizing the person you would like me to be. Find me a post of mine where I ever suggested that deficit spending is ok to fund a tax cut. The laughable part of all this is how you keep pretending you don't know full well that I not only do not parrot "RNC talking points," but that I have also repeatedly (TODAY in fact) criticized both the (inept) Republicans in Congress AND Donald Trump's claim of "mission accomplished" wrt the economy.
and yet here you are claiming success due to a 1% increase in LFPR and getting your panties in a wad because I pointed that out.

Not clear on why you think claiming nonpartisan will work. You aren't.

Raoul_Luke

and yet here you are claiming success due to a 1% increase in LFPR and getting your panties in a wad because I pointed that out.

Not clear on why you think claiming nonpartisan will work. You aren't.
All I did was point out the FACT that Trump is doing something right, in that he was able to arrest the Bushbama decline in the LFPR of 25 to 54 year olds. It's only a "success" in the sense that he did something your guy (who you keep portraying as a "success") failed to do. Not clear why you think pretending I am a "partisan" will work - anyone who looks at my body of work can plainly see I routinely buck the narratives of both parties.

Bugsy McGurk

President
One would, if one were honest, expect that the country that has performed the most tests (by far) would naturally show the most (confirmed) infections. We, of course, could have eschewed testing, and we'd have one of the lowest "infections."

Which is why that stat is so meaningless to anyone who is not, in fact, a propagandist. And, again, if one were honest, one would, of course, adjust the deaths for differences in population. It is the only honest way to evaluate performance.

Do the math...
Nope. The US infections would not “go away” without testing. And the fact that we have more COVID deaths than any other country has nothing to do with testing. Your cult leader has the worst record in the world, but you still fluff him.