• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

University of Washington #4

Mr. Friscus

Governor
How about those Huskies? If anyone can make a championship team, it's Coach Pete.

http://komonews.com/sports/huskies/huskies-make-top-4-in-football-playoff-poll
Sorry, but there's no way you can tell me that Washington is a better team than Michigan.

If the two faced each other tomorrow, Michigan would be favored by 7, and everyone knows it.

The reasons behind giving Washington a #4 seed are obvious:

1. The NCAA wants to throw the PAC 12 a bone, and not alienate the conference. The PAC 12 was left out of the playoffs last year.

2. Ratings, ratings, ratings. Even though Michigan is a larger brand, Washington would bring a west coast presence to the playoffs.

It's an odd instance, because I don't want to discredit Washington. I'd like for them to have the opportunity to prove me wrong. However, if you're going to list the best 4 teams in college football, I don't think Washington would be there. I just think it's political and demographic.

We need a 6 team playoff. The 1 and 2 get a bye, and then teams like Washington, Clemson Michigan, and the winner of Penn St./Wisconsin can battle it out.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Sorry, but there's no way you can tell me that Washington is a better team than Michigan.

If the two faced each other tomorrow, Michigan would be favored by 7, and everyone knows it.

The reasons behind giving Washington a #4 seed are obvious:

1. The NCAA wants to throw the PAC 12 a bone, and not alienate the conference. The PAC 12 was left out of the playoffs last year.

2. Ratings, ratings, ratings. Even though Michigan is a larger brand, Washington would bring a west coast presence to the playoffs.

It's an odd instance, because I don't want to discredit Washington. I'd like for them to have the opportunity to prove me wrong. However, if you're going to list the best 4 teams in college football, I don't think Washington would be there. I just think it's political and demographic.

We need a 6 team playoff. The 1 and 2 get a bye, and then teams like Washington, Clemson Michigan, and the winner of Penn St./Wisconsin can battle it out.
NEVER underestimate what Chris Peterson can do....let's wait and see.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
NEVER underestimate what Chris Peterson can do....let's wait and see.
I'm not discrediting Washington. I wish they could play Michigan and just settle it.

However, the system we have now, I don't think there's any way you can seriously say that even a 2 loss team in the loaded Big 10, one of the losses to the #2 team in the country in double overtime, shouldn't be ahead of the PAC 12's soft conference.

Days

Commentator
I'm not discrediting Washington. I wish they could play Michigan and just settle it.

However, the system we have now, I don't think there's any way you can seriously say that even a 2 loss team in the loaded Big 10, one of the losses to the #2 team in the country in double overtime, shouldn't be ahead of the PAC 12's soft conference.
Michigan beat #6 Wisconsin, #7 Penn State, and #8 Colorado. That's why they are #5. They lost to Iowa by one point, at Iowa, and they lost in double overtime to #2 Ohio State, at Ohio State. Both games were robbed by officiating... especially Iowa.

5 Michigan 10-2
6 Wisconsin 10-2
7 Penn State 10-2

8 Colorado 10-2

I like Washington also. But I agree, Michigan and Alabama are the 2 best teams in the nation. I think Alabama is in a league of their own.

Last edited: