• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Useful stuff....

freyasman

Senator
https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2019/12/important-lessons-to-learn-from-texas.html
From the link;
"Important lessons to learn from the Texas church shooting

I've been watching the security camera footage of the Texas church shooting last Sunday, and reading as much as I can find about it. It contains some important lessons for all of us, not just in terms of church security, but our personal approach to security as well.

Here's an excerpt from an interview with the man who shot the criminal. Bold, underlined text is my emphasis.

Wilson recalled the events leading up to Sunday's shooting and said there was concern about the individual as soon as he entered the building due to the way he was dressed, in a long coat with a fake beard and wig.

He said church security trained an A/V camera on the man and that a member of the volunteer security team, Richard White, sat behind him in the auditorium.

Wilson said the man had stood up and left the auditorium once to use the restroom and that he'd talked to Anton "Tony" Wallace as he served communion before returning to his seat.

Wilson said the man then stood up and pulled out a shotgun and that's when both he and White drew their guns.

"Richard did get his gun out of the holster, he was, I think, able to get a shot off but it ended up going into the wall. The shooter had turned, shot him and then shot Tony, and then started to turn to go to the front of the auditorium," Wilson recalled.

Wilson said he didn't initially have a clear shot on the shooter and had to wait a half-second or second for parishioners to clear out of the way. He said he then fired one shot at the gunman's head and that the shooter ... immediately went down.

"The only clear shot I had was his head because I still had people in the pews that were not all the way down … that was my one shot. When I teach people, I teach them not to shoot the head unless that's all you have," Wilson said, explaining that it's easier to hit a person in their body because it's a larger target than the head. "If that's the only shot you've got, then that's the shot you take."
There's more at the link.

My comments:

1. If there was "concern about the individual" from the start, perhaps it would have been better to approach him as he entered, or prevent him from proceeding through the doors into the main body of the church. If you let the fox into the henhouse, you can expect trouble. Yes, this is a difficult problem; you may end up being seen as "exclusionary" to those who are "troubled", or "elitist", or "intruding upon people's civil liberties". I don't see it that way. If the church is private property, it has a right to enforce its standards upon those who enter; and those standards should include compliance with any security procedures it may put in place. That can be signposted at every entrance, making it legal. In today's world, it's not a bad idea.
  2. The first man to be shot was a member of the church's security team. Watching the video of the incident, he was clearly caught off-guard. He took almost three seconds to get his gun out - and that was too long. He was the first casualty. Lesson to be learned: if you're suspicious of something or someone, you need to be keyed-up and ready to react as fast as possible. That includes having your firearm in a position where you can get to it easily and quickly, and draw it fast enough to matter. Action beats reaction, almost every time; and it cost two lives to demonstrate that yet again. You may even wish to get your gun out of its holster ahead of time, and have it ready in your hand or another more convenient location in case of need. Certainly, if you're likely to be sitting down, you need a holster that lets you get the gun out fast while seated - a crossdraw (like this or similar) or shoulder holster (like this or similar) being probably the fastest from that position. We also need to wear garments that will not impede our draw stroke.
  3. Wilson did very well indeed to keep his cool and wait for a clear shot. His first round ended the problem, then and there. He has an extensive shooting and law enforcement background, which were major contributing factors to his success; but he kept his cool under pressure, and applied his training and experience to the problem. Most of us don't have that training or experience. Would we be able to make a one-shot stop, over a distance of 18 yards, in the midst of gunfire, screaming people, and rapid movement all around us? Most of us would not. Certainly, those without adequate training and practice will not. This illustrates the need to get both adequate training and regular practice, so as to be prepared when we need to be.
  4. It's all very well to train for "body shots", as representing the biggest target; but sometimes we can't see that target. What if you're lying on the ground, and you see the shooter's feet on the far side of a car twenty yards away? If you shoot under the car, you can take out one or both feet, and immobilize him. If he falls to one knee, you can shoot that; if he falls on his side, shoot his arm or his head. We have to train for any contingency that may arise. It's all very well to say "Oh, I can't do that - I don't have the time" or "I don't have the ammo budget" or "It's too much trouble to keep it up". What is your life, and the life of your loved ones, worth to you? That's how much effort you'll put into it. Your actions, or the lack thereof, will speak far more loudly than your words, if the crunch should ever come. As for hitting a pinpoint target, try the training methods I described in this article, and even a novice will make rapid progress.

I'm very sorry that it cost the lives of two innocent people before the shooter could be put down. That's a tragedy that will affect everyone who was there, and the families and friends of the dead most of all. It is, indeed, praiseworthy that the church had taken the time and trouble to set up a volunteer security team, and select at least one person who was skilled and experienced enough to solve the problem. I hope and pray other churches do likewise, in the wake of this example.

As for the shooter . . . let his name be forgotten, and his memory consigned to the trash dump of history.

Peter"

Jack4freedom

Governor
So being spied on constantly doesn't bother you?
It Is definitely a fact of life with recent technology. I assume that every email or any other electronic communication I make or receive is being recorded and any late model car driven can be traced everywhere it has been down to the foot and minute. That’s a given.

I always watch those shows about murder like 20-20, Dateline and 48 Hours. It seems that every murderer goes to Walmart and buys Duct Tape, a shovel, a 50 gallon drum and zip ties a day or so before someone disappears. They also search their computer for ways to get rid of a body.

With the new technology available to police agencies, it’s harder and harder to get away with major crimes. If you are going to pull some shady crap it would definitely be advisable to drive a ‘68 Buick, never shop at Walmart, don’t carry a cellular phone and don’t do any research on the internet. I guess you could try to get off the grid by using tinfoil, but I wouldn’t count on it.

freyasman

Senator
It Is definitely a fact of life with recent technology. I assume that every email or any other electronic communication I make or receive is being recorded and any late model car driven can be traced everywhere it has been down to the foot and minute. That’s a given.

I always watch those shows about murder like 20-20, Dateline and 48 Hours. It seems that every murderer goes to Walmart and buys Duct Tape, a shovel, a 50 gallon drum and zip ties a day or so before someone disappears. They also search their computer for ways to get rid of a body.

With the new technology available to police agencies, it’s harder and harder to get away with major crimes. If you are going to pull some shady crap it would definitely be advisable to drive a ‘68 Buick, never shop at Walmart, don’t carry a cellular phone and don’t do any research on the internet. I guess you could try to get off the grid by using tinfoil, but I wouldn’t count on it.
Simplest way to track someone, or eavesdrop on them right now is their cellphone; what does wrapping the phone in foil accomplish?

Jack4freedom

Governor
Simplest way to track someone, or eavesdrop on them right now is their cellphone; what does wrapping the phone in foil accomplish?
If I thought someone was listenening in to my phone and I cared about what I was saying, I’d leave it at home or somewhere else. Choosing to own one of these devices for convenience opens you up to mega surveillance. Intelligent people know this coming in. I and others trade this off for the convenience of having these devices. Stupid people who are involved in hairbrained schemes to steal, kidnap or murder people are often caught convicted and jailed as a result. Takes the workload off of detectives and makes cases where otherwise would be impossible. That can be a good thing too. A lot of scumbags have been locked up because of this technology. Cuts both ways.

freyasman

Senator
If I thought someone was listenening in to my phone and I cared about what I was saying, I’d leave it at home or somewhere else. Choosing to own one of these devices for convenience opens you up to mega surveillance. Intelligent people know this coming in. I and others trade this off for the convenience of having these devices. Stupid people who are involved in hairbrained schemes to steal, kidnap or murder people are often caught convicted and jailed as a result. Takes the workload off of detectives and makes cases where otherwise would be impossible. That can be a good thing too. A lot of scumbags have been locked up because of this technology. Cuts both ways.
I understand the trade-offs involved, but I value my privacy, and my freedom.

freyasman

Senator
https://conflictmanagermagazine.com/bar-etiquette-clint-overland/
From the link;
"Texan Bar Etiquette, Part I – Clint Overland

After 26 years of dealing with drunks, drug addicts, Tusk Hogs (power drinkers who function at a higher level of intoxication and enjoy violence), and almost every other type of human refuse, I want to share with you ten simple things not to do in order to keep you as safe as you can be when confronted with a situation in a bar or night club. Is this a guarantee that you will be safe? No but it damn sure will not hurt.

1. Don’t let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass. In other words, your ego will be the main impediment to your safety when dealing with a drunk or violent person in a bar. Smart ass comments are best saved for a time after you are safe and away from the threat. I have heard it said that you should never assume anything about a situation. I am calling bullshit on that. Always assume that this can go from a small ego, dick size contest to a straight out life and death scenario with the wrong thing being said at the wrong time. Your safety is at stake. Remember that it’s not always what you say that gets your teeth and head knocked in, it’s in the tone and the delivery that people hear more so than words. Being sarcastic has led more people to the joys of broken noses than any other thing I have seen.

1. I’ve overheard drunks time and time again telling each other what they’re going to do when it’s time to get down to business. DO NOT DO THIS!!! You have just created a group of witnesses for any legal problems that may arise from the situation. If you tell another human being that you’re going to kill, injure, or hurt them in any way, you have just stepped on your own dick or your own tits ladies. It is no longer a self-defense issue, but one of consensual combat and disorderly conduct at the least. One episode I was a witness to involved ass hat 1 threatening to kill ass hat 2 if he ever saw him again. This was in front of 30 people. Ass hat 2 left and waited outside with a gun and later shot ass hat 1 when he went to his car. The police interviewed 12 or 13 of us and the DA didn’t prosecute due to the threat having been made earlier.
That does not mean that you shouldn’t give warning when you feel that you are in danger, it means don’t brag or boast about what you are going to do.

1. For fucks sake, don’t tell someone who you are. They don’t care! Don’t warn them about the dangers of dealing with you. If things go south let it be a surprise. I have heard people, mostly men, but sometimes women, tell me, “DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.” (My two standard replies are “No, don’t you?” and “Yea, my next victim!”) You are trying to use social pressure, fear, and intimidation as an ego/threat boost. 9 times out of 10 this will get you punched in the mouth quicker than a straight insult. You are trying to show that you are someone special, you are not. What you have done is throw down a challenge and an insult to the other person. “I am better than you and you need to bow down to that fact and accept your place as beneath me on the social hierarchy. “ That, my friend, is a great way to learn the joy of [Unwelcome language removed] your teeth out the next morning.

One other thing, don’t go around telling people who your daddy or husband is unless they are capable of backing up your statements. One of my pet peeves as a bouncer is when individuals throw that kind of statement into my face. If your father, husband, grandpa or whatever, is a real heavy hitter then you won’t need to let others know about it. It will be shared for you without you making a fool of yourself.

1. Don’t draw attention to yourself. Go in, have a good time, don’t be an idiot. Shouting, whistling, and raising hell are a great way to draw attention to yourself, not only from the bouncers/security staff, but also of the Great White sharks swimming in the waters with you. Despite what you believe (and most of that is wrong by the way), there are those that are looking forward to hurting you. Acting up and drawing attention to yourself is a great way to chum the waters. I watched one man take a beer bottle across his eye (he lost it) because he wouldn’t stop yelling at the band. The man in front of him finally had enough of it, turned around and smashed a bottle into his face, rupturing his eye. It happened without warning, but the signs were all there if you were aware enough to read them. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to have a good time and enjoy life without being the center of attention for others to enjoy.

1. I really would like to talk to you ladies who are reading this. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety. Just because you live a certain way during the day, do not mistake that the same rules apply to a bar or nightclub. You are swimming with sharks every time you go out for a good time. There is a certain segment of society that only looks at you as if you are prey and they do not care about you or your so called rights as a person.

I have been amazed over and over again at the way some women choose to act. Yes you can dress any way you want to, yes you can choose to act like a drunken idiot for however many times you can get away with it. I am not going to argue that point but when you have to reap the rewards of your actions do not bitch about it. And no I am not talking about rape. I am talking about you getting your ass handed to you for crossing the line with another woman a lot meaner and tougher than you are. I watched a middle class woman think it would be great to give a guy she didn’t know a lap dance right in front of his wife. The wife worked as a lineman for a power company climbing electric poles all day every day doing hard labor. The wannabe dancer was a clerk in a retail jewelry store who had never been in a real fight her entire life. By the time I and the rest of the staff got there, roughly 5 seconds, dancer girl had her teeth knocked out, eye socket broke and a coffee mug diameter size chunk of hair and scalp pulled out. You think 5 seconds is not a long time try being on the receiving end of an educational beat down.

Your actions will lead to certain results, maybe not the 1st time or the 100th time but there will be a cost. In addition, please stop acting like a stripper, save that for the bedroom or go get a job working the pole somewhere. I’m sorry if you need to find attention from a large group of people and think that is the way to do it. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself and like lesson number 4 you are drawing that attention from possibly the wrong crowd. Trust me, if we wanted to see that we would be at a strip club watching real strippers! It also cuts down on the attention that the real creepy guys want to pay you. Also stop being a drunken [Unwelcome language removed] please. You’re at the bar as a customer and yes they are trying to bring you what you ordered. You being a snotty demanding bitch not only pisses off you server (notice I did not say servant or slave) but will go nothing but worse service or your drink being stirred with a dick, or finger that’s been up someone’s [Unwelcome language removed]."

freyasman

Senator
https://conflictmanagermagazine.com/texan-bar-etiquette-part-ii-clint-overland/
From the link;
"Texan Bar Etiquette, Part II – Clint Overland

Part I

1. Know your limitations. I have had to cut people off that wanted to argue that they are not drunk while piss runs down their leg. (Notice I said people not person, it happens regularly.) I watched as a young sorority girl who was dancing shit herself and just kept dancing till her friends grabbed her and took her out. I was headed that way but couldn’t stop laughing quick enough to get there on time. Drinking is fun, it relaxes you, it help’s deal with stress. I get it. I have been known to imbibe myself heavily at times, but I stay at home to get that fucked up. I won’t even go into the horror stories of watching another human being throw up in a glass then drink it because he was that far gone. If a bouncer, security/bar staff cuts you off, it is for a real good reason. You are a problem or are on your way to becoming a problem. Also, you can and will be cut off for being an [Unwelcome language removed]. Don’t argue with the staff. You are there as a guest. You can and will be asked to leave. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and that includes you! Think about this, do you really want to make someone mad who is going to be serving you something to drink? The head bartender at a bar I worked at kept a vile of what he called Tijuana Tap water behind the bar for patrons that pissed him off. Not real sure what was in it, but two or three squirts in your drink and within fifteen minutes you’re running to the bathroom with the worst case of explosive diarrhea that you’ve ever known short of dysentery. Think about that next time you bitch at a waitress or bartender. Sure, it was illegal but that didn’t help you at the time and your night was ruined all because you were not nice.

1. Know where you are at. In other words, if you decide to go “slumming” and step away from your socioeconomic level bar and go to a rougher establishment then know the rules that apply there. Every culture and subculture has its own rules that were never written down and posted for you to read but they are there as solid as any law passed by legislation. The joints that pay me my asking price do so because there is a reason for me to be there. I am paid well to keep a lid on the rules and do my best not to let anyone get killed or maimed. If you go to a biker bar, don’t sit on someone’s motorcycle, touch someone’s patch or colors, do not hit on the women, mouth off or disrespect the waitresses. Bikers are territorial and you are the stranger in a strange land. Oh you’re a respected business man and pillar of the community, that’s sweet. See how far that gets you when 8 or 9 guys get mad at you and want to have fun playing field goal with your testicles for crossing a line you didn’t know was there. Be nice, respectful, and polite. Manners do not cost anything and can save hundreds on your health insurance. This goes for any bar or nightclub you might go into. A Hispanic bar is completely different from a club that caters to black or Asian people. Each one has its own rules. The regulars at any bar are protective of the staff. They may even consider them family or friends. My wife bartended in a pretty rough little joint, she was the only staff there during the day but if anyone got out of line with her there were 30 to 40 regulars there that would jump on the offender with no restraint. You are visiting another world when you go to a new bar, and most of the regulars don’t like you for coming into their territory without being asked.

1. Bartending and waiting tables is a rough job. Long hours, standing on your feet all night, dealing with drunks, people thinking that because you work there they can put hands on you because that is just part of the deal. Listening to crappy bands who mistake playing well for playing hard and loud. Listening to karaoke singers butcher the newest top 40 song or think they can croon like Sinatra. All for less than minimum wage. Hoping that by the end of the night your tips will be enough to cover the rent and electric bill due Monday morning. So please tip your bar staff. It is sad but when I have to interview people to work in a bar and the first thing I ask them is, “So, do you like people?” If they answer yes, then I know they have not been in the business for very long. If they answer, “I hate people!” I know this is someone that has some experience, and can probably do the job correctly. Do not holler at your waitress, or act like a bitch to them (LADIES)! Whistling, shouting and demanding is not a good thing to do. All they have to do is come and get me and your ass is out of here. I don’t care who you are, what you think or if you can have me fired (good luck on that). Don’t be an [Unwelcome language removed]! A good tipper can get away with a lot more than a shitty one. Waitresses are less prone to involve me in your life if you are taking care of them.

1. Don’t prod the bear!!! I am talking to you young guys who by chance might read this. You’re young, full of life and testosterone. You think you are tough and can handle yourself. Probably not! There are individuals in every bar that it is best to leave the hell alone. They will hurt you as quick as a snake strikes for messing with them. Youthful exuberance is one thing. All that Martial Arts and BJJ/MMA you do at the dojo is great. None of it will stop a bullet from blasting through your heart or a broken beer bottle from ripping out your throat. Life is a marathon, not a 40 yard dash. Men and some women of a certain age got there by being tough, and/or smart, maybe even lucky. They do not have the time nor the patience to deal with you. Being older does not mean that they are any less of a man. It means they were smarter (or just luckier) than all the friends they had to bury along the way. There is a reason that some people are referred to as OG (Original Gangster), Tusk Hogs, Bad Men and other terms. If you are going to be frequenting certain bars, you need to learn that respect and courtesy is a lot cheaper to give than paying for hospital visits or funerals.

One bar I worked at was frequented by an older gentleman that had lived a very interesting life. He was so mobbed up that people would still call him Don as a term of respect. He never got mad, he paid people like me to get mad for him. The guys in his employ did not care who you were, what you thought you knew or what Martial Art you trained in. One would beat you with a hammer while the other one tried to punch your kidney throw your torso.

1. Leave the Bouncer/Security staff alone guys. They have a tough enough job to do. They are watching 300 plus drunken monkeys play grab ass with each other. It’s not a fun and glorious job. It’s a nerve wracking headache every shift. You are hoping that no one gets stupid and puts a knife in your kidney. They don’t need you there asking questions or pestering them.

Continued below

freyasman

Senator
Now let me try and answer a few of the questions I get.

• No, we don’t want your help. If you come up to the bouncer and tell him you have his back in a fight you have just red flagged yourself as a trouble maker. You are looking for a way to fight without getting into trouble. The first thing I will do is from that point on is keep my eye on you and see what kind of bullshit you are up to.

• No you don’t have to be big to be a bouncer, and no, just because you are big does not mean you can bounce. It is people skills and critical thinking that makes a good bouncer. 95% talk 5% ass puckering terror not knowing if you are going to go home that night.

• Yes they are tougher than you. Most bouncers fight more than the average patrol cop. So trying to prove that you are tougher than them is a losing bet. Plus, with a bouncer it is not about social dominance it is just business and the quicker it is over the better for everyone. As Ron White said, “I don’t know how many it would have took but I knew how many they were going to use. All of them”.

• You have to volunteer for the bouncer to get involved in your life. Your actions and behaviors at the bar are all signs, and believe me, they’re watching. Just like a poker game certain things you do, tell them what you are capable of or thinking of doing.

• It’s not personal. Asking you to leave or cutting you off is just business. Don’t come after them when the night is over. Sure you may win but you will go to jail or, on another night you might meet a bouncer that remembers…and paybacks a bitch.

• Leave your ego behind. Who you are, what you are, and what you can do are just red flags. WE DO NOT CARE!

• Show your ID when asked, it’s the law, even if several people ask for it, the bar is simply covering their investment.

• No you are not my friend. You are a patron and a customer. Friends are earned; not just because you drink where I work.

• This is a business. Just like a grocery store or a Walmart, the bottom line is it’s about money. Don’t interrupt the flow of it. If you do be prepared to either pay the cost of a good old fashion ass whipping, being banned/barred from the club or going to jail.

• If the bouncer or security staff are looking for a fight and are known to be quick to hurt a person, don’t frequent that place. Call and complain to the owner or the management. Tell your friends and family not to spend their money there. It can and will make a difference. A security staff that is prone to violence is usually an underpaid bunch of bullies looking to get their rocks off in a fight. Use your money to force the owners into bringing in a better quality of staff. Red Adair said it best, “If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional wait till you figure out the cost of hiring an amateur!” As a bouncer my number one job was being a conflict manager. It’s hard enough dealing with you shit slinging primates when you are sober, Add alcohol or drugs into the mix and WEEEEE you go from just an [Unwelcome language removed] to God I really want to skull [Unwelcome language removed] this twerp in his eye socket. But I am there to protect the owner’s investment, so I am going to do my absolute best to treat you correctly and be nice to you till you choose the course of actions that it will take for you to either calm down or be thrown out. But I will get you out of the establishment one way or another. And chances are I know the cops on patrol and guess whose side they are going to take.

Look folks it’s really easy to die or get hurt in this world. In the long run you and your safety are up to you. You can be the greatest conflict manager in the world and act like an ass-hat one time and wind up with your guts on a dance floor. Nobody ever wanted that but I will be dammed if I haven’t seen guys volunteer for it."

freyasman

Senator
No One Is Coming To Save You

Written by: Greg Ellifritz

In the last few weeks my social media news feed has been deluged with videos of inept police officers who cannot fight.

Most citizens assume that the police officers who patrol their neighborhoods are competent fighters. Those people couldn’t be more wrong.

Depending on the state, police officers usually get somewhere between 40 and 60 hours of training in “defensive tactics” in the police academy. A lot of that training is classroom book learning. Much of it is ineffective “pressure point control tactics.” Very little of it consists of actually teaching officers how to apprehend resisting bad guys or save their own asses in the event that the offender attacks with life threatening physical force.

Report this ad

upload_2020-1-20_17-45-9.png

Cops are not effective fighters when they graduate the academy unless they were already competent fighters from their own efforts before entering the academy.

Once the cops get out of the academy, about 50% of them will NEVER get any updated defensive tactics training. Lots of states have no requirement for physical in-service training outside of completing an annual shooting qualification course.

For the first five years of my career I received exactly one defensive tactics training session. In that session, the training officer was wearing a padded suit and was hurt despite the protective padding. We never did any contact oriented defensive tactics again until I became the training officer and pushed for more.

There are four main issues that prevent police agencies from providing quality defensive tactics training:

1.Lack of trained personnel. In our state, getting certified as a DT instructor requires a two week course. Many agencies cannot afford to pay an officer to attend or to cover the overtime required to man his shift while he is in training.

The two week class does not create competent instructors. It takes many years to become truly competent as an instructor who is well versed in teaching physical control tactics. Even if cops go get the instructor cert, most will not be able to adequately train their personnel solely using the knowledge they obtain in the instructor class.

2. Lack of time. In most martial arts programs, students practice several times a week. Most develop some level of proficiency after one or two years of this regular effort. No agency on the planet can afford to train all of its officers three hours a week for two years

3. Injuries. Training in the fighting arts is injury intensive, especially for those who are out of shape and unconditioned. Most of our cops are sadly out of shape and extremely poorly conditioned. If a hardcore fight training program was implemented, many would be injured within the first few sessions. There wouldn’t be enough healthy cops to cover patrol duties.

Report this ad

4. Motivation. Training in the fighting arts is hard work. Many officers don’t have the motivation to do it. Officers are spoiled by a normalcy bias. Only about two percent of police arrests involve any force at all. When those arrestees struggle, most aren’t really trying to hurt the officer. They are trying to escape or save face in front of their buddies. When the criminals aren’t really trying to hurt the officers, the officers win almost all of those encounters. Those “wins” elevate the officer’s sense of efficacy.

Those officers say: “I’ve been fine in all the fights I’ve had in the last 10 years. Why do I need to do all that training.”

In reality, the cops have never had a real fight with a motivated attacker who is trying to kill the officer. They simply don’t know what they don’t know.

The reality of the situation is that most cops won’t become competent fighters unless they train on their own time in a contact-based martial art. Only five to ten percent of officers choose to do that. That means 90-95% of the cops out patrolling the streets can’t fight any better than the average untrained citizen.

Don’t believe me? Take a look at these videos.

Sheldon Fox-7 News

✔@fox_sheldon

Here’s more video from when a Fort Lauderdale Policewoman was attacked by a man accused of trying to leave the scene of an accident. She’s okay. He’s being charged w/aggravated battery on and officer and resisting arrest w/violence. @wsvn #Exclusive

9:22 PM - Jan 16, 2020 · Fort Lauderdale, FL
Twitter Ads info and privacy

88 people are talking about this

Report this ad

Please note that I didn’t have to search for these videos. These links were all shared in my social media feeds in the last week.

Report this ad

The reality is that while there are some cops who are extremely well trained and competent, most couldn’t save themselves in an exceptionally violent physical attack. Why are you depending on them to save you?

My friend Dave Spaulding says: “You must be an active participant in your own rescue.” Truer words have never been spoken.

If you want to keep yourself and your family safe, you can’t simply outsource your protection to others.

It’s time to put in some work."

(videos at the link.)

freyasman

Senator
https://www.activeresponsetraining.net/your-tactical-training-scenario-denial
From the link;
"Your Tactical Training Scenario- Denial

Written by Greg Ellifritz

Read the first paragraph of this article about an active shooter attack in Arizona.

“Pam Simon’s first thought was “this is not happening.” The aide to Gabrielle Giffords’ next thought was “that’s a toy gun.” A moment later: “It’s happening.”

This shooting was so outside her reality that she couldn’t accept what was happening. Her brain was trying to rationalize it as anything but an attempt to kill her.

If you can’t even accept the reality that you could be shot as bullets are striking your body, you have no chance at mounting an effective defense.

Denial is the single most dangerous emotion to allow. It contributes to more deaths than any other factor in self defense situations.

Acknowledge reality and come up with a plan. When something bad happens, implement the plan. It’s really pretty simple….but simplicity isn’t enough for some people where the thought of avoiding mental pain drives all of their actions. Think it through. Yes, it may be unpleasant to think about. But mental pain is better than physical pain anytime.

People live in sheltered worlds. Most Americans have never been violently attacked. They don’t have friends familiar with violence. The only way they can expand their knowledge base enough to understand what’s going on is to take the time to study how criminals work and pre-plan what their possible responses will be. This isn’t fun work for most people, so it doesn’t happen.

Report this ad

upload_2020-2-3_9-49-26.png

But without this thinking and planning, people are doomed to failure or inaction when they are faced with violence. The “OODA Loop” first discussed by Col. John Boyd describes the decision making cycle people use during stressful encounters. The letters OODA stand for “Observe” “Orient” “Decide” and “Act.” Before “action” can take place, people have to see the attack (or the precursors thereof). Then they have to “Orient” by comparing the things that they are seeing with previous thoughts or experiences so that they can understand the significance of their observation. Following the Orientation phase they must make a decision about how they are going to respond.

When people have never thought about or experienced violence, they don’t have a “mental map” of what is happening. They “Observe”, but because they have never imagined an attack happening to them, they can’t “orient”. They have nothing in their brains to compare with what they are currently seeing. Thus they default back to “Observe”.

It’s like a short circuit. Back and forth between observe and orient, never getting to the “decide and act” phases.

The bad guy (having already reached the “Act” phase) stays perpetually inside the victim’s OODA loops and the victims can’t respond quickly enough to catch up.

If you want to have a chance at prevailing in an encounter with a violent criminal, thinking, practicing, studying, and planning are necessary, no matter how physically or mentally painful those processes may be.

Do the work."