• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Video: Violence of the Anti-Trump Movement

connieb

Senator
99%?
Got a link?

https://www.propublica.org/article/teens-report-onslaught-of-bullying-during-divisive-election?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailynewsletter

"A new national survey of more than 50,000 teens charts a surge in abusive and hateful behavior among young people since the beginning of the presidential election campaign..."

"Michael S. Pollard, a sociologist with the RAND Corporation who evaluated the survey and its methodology for ProPublica, said the study 'was not designed to be representative of all US teens,' but its findings should be considered seriously because of the 'very large group of adolescents' who took part."

I am sure they has been. There has been a deluge of hate and ignorance, mocking and belittlement coming out of the mainstream media on a regular basis.

Arkady

President
Stress. Guys who always thought they would be happy, financially secure, owning their own home, and living a decent life by this point in their lives are finding their livelihoods going away because of the economy, their wives leaving and divorce-raping them, and their kids turned into complete [Unwelcome language removed] retards by a school system run by idiots. A lot of them ended up broke, alone, and had to sell their bass boat.... (or motorcycle, or RV, or whatever).
It's no wonder why so many of them are getting high, dropping dead from strokes or heart attacks, or just checking out.
Yes. But, again, it's worth remembering these are not blanket conditions. For example, you mentioned divorce. NJ, MA, PA, MN, NY, DC, and WI all have quite low rates of divorce (6 or 7 per 1000 per year). The epidemic of divorce is mostly a red-state problem -- AK, AL, OK, AR, and KY have rates of 13-15 per 1000 per year. You also mention a school system run by idiots. There are definitely school systems run by idiots, in places like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, etc.... places where the halfwits on the school board are more interested in hijacking the education system for religious purposes than in actually teaching children. But there are also states where people are getting terrific educations. For example, my own state of Massachusetts leads the nation in NAEP test scores every year, and even compares well to other leading nations on the PISA tests:

http://www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=24050

We also send kids on to get four-year degrees and graduate degrees at nation-leading rates.

So, for those middle aged white folks resorting to drug use to drown out the pain of life failures, I'd strongly recommending not giving up and checking out that way, but instead looking at what they can work on changing for their society, so that things go better for people like them. They can look at places like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, etc., where things are going much better, and ask what those places are doing differently.

freyasman

Senator
Yes. But, again, it's worth remembering these are not blanket conditions. For example, you mentioned divorce. NJ, MA, PA, MN, NY, DC, and WI all have quite low rates of divorce (6 or 7 per 1000 per year). The epidemic of divorce is mostly a red-state problem -- AK, AL, OK, AR, and KY have rates of 13-15 per 1000 per year. You also mention a school system run by idiots. There are definitely school systems run by idiots, in places like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, etc.... places where the halfwits on the school board are more interested in hijacking the education system for religious purposes than in actually teaching children. But there are also states where people are getting terrific educations. For example, my own state of Massachusetts leads the nation in NAEP test scores every year, and even compares well to other leading nations on the PISA tests:

http://www.doe.mass.edu/news/news.aspx?id=24050

We also send kids on to get four-year degrees and graduate degrees at nation-leading rates.

So, for those middle aged white folks resorting to drug use to drown out the pain of life failures, I'd strongly recommending not giving up and checking out that way, but instead looking at what they can work on changing for their society, so that things go better for people like them. They can look at places like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, etc., where things are going much better, and ask what those places are doing differently.
"So, for those middle aged white folks resorting to drug use to drown out the pain of life failures, I'd strongly recommending not giving up and checking out that way, but instead looking at what they can work on changing for their society, so that things go better for people like them."
They did; they voted against Hillary. ;)

Arkady

President
"So, for those middle aged white folks resorting to drug use to drown out the pain of life failures, I'd strongly recommending not giving up and checking out that way, but instead looking at what they can work on changing for their society, so that things go better for people like them."
They did; they voted against Hillary. ;)
No. As a reminder, the places where things are going well are generally places that voted for Clinton. Those who voted for Trump essentially voted to double-down on the conservative policies that have helped destroy their lives. Here in Massachusetts, where we have long life expectancies, excellent schools, low divorce rates, etc., we favored Clinton by nearly 30 points.

freyasman

Senator
No. As a reminder, the places where things are going well are generally places that voted for Clinton. Those who voted for Trump essentially voted to double-down on the conservative policies that have helped destroy their lives. Here in Massachusetts, where we have long life expectancies, excellent schools, low divorce rates, etc., we favored Clinton by nearly 30 points.
Trump's still President.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
First, although there may be some theoretical possibility to spread HIV through spit (if someone with HIV loads had bleeding gums and spit into an open wound, for example), as a general rule, HIV doesn't pass by saliva:

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/hiv-aids-101/how-you-get-hiv-aids/

Second, the notion that many progressives are AIDS virus carriers is an odd point to make, since many of just about any group you care to name are AIDS virus carriers. These days, though, the disease is largely spreading in the south:

As you can see, of the seven states with the worst problem, five went for Trump. One of the states where HIV is least common is arguably our most progressive state -- Vermont.

thats nice...aids is by far and away most prevalent in the gay society..

the gay society is by far left/prog in its political positions/affiliations...

hence its only LOGICAL to assign a greater percentage of aids carriers to progs.

:p

Arkady

President
thats nice...aids is by far and away most prevalent in the gay society..

the gay society is by far left/prog in its political positions/affiliations...

hence its only LOGICAL to assign a greater percentage of aids carriers to progs.

:p
You're relying on non-sequiturs.

What's driven the death rates for middle-aged white guys up is, IMO, the complete lack of respect and often outright villification they have been faced with for the last several decades. The country they built usually portrays them as either evil or idiotic, and treats them like trash. Take a look at what the suicide rates are for guys in their 50s....
Snob Mob

That's what drove Elvis into self-destruction. By the late 1960s he realized that, if he hadn't become rich and famous, he would have been despised and deplored as some dumb redneck truckdriver. Also, his fans were despised. All this self-worshiping attitude was orchestrated by the sons of the rich, a class that has no right to exist. They will continue in power until they are identified for what they really are.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Odd... one individual... A horrible crime, 22 years ago.. but where were the massive amounts of people involved? Where was the movement?

There wasn't one.

*Whiff* Strike Two.

Was there a Bill Clinton rally going on at the time? Were there Republicans in the building he bombed? It's safe to say there were. Obviously, this wasn't just about mere political ideology, or he wouldn't kill his "own people".

Show me hundreds of Conservatives kicking the crap out of innocent Anti-Trump protesters.. because I showed you hundreds of Anti-Trump protesters kicking the crap out of Conservatives, in past few months.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
https://www.propublica.org/article/ny-cop-salutes-violence-against-trump-protester-online-post-under-review?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailynewsletter

"After NY Cop Salutes Violence Against Anti-Trump Protester, His Online Post Comes Under Review"

"An anti-Trump marcher got punched in the face.

"A Port Authority cop posted 'Grow up bitches and get a job.' The department’s inspector general gets a referral."
There's no shortage of violence on both sides.
thJ2QKGU7W.jpg

You are nothing but fake news...there is a shortage of violence on one side...but not lefty

Here is your people burning a limousine because he was a Muslim immigrant who worked for his customers during the Trump Inauguration.

worldlymrb

Revenge
https://www.propublica.org/article/ny-cop-salutes-violence-against-trump-protester-online-post-under-review?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailynewsletter

"After NY Cop Salutes Violence Against Anti-Trump Protester, His Online Post Comes Under Review"

"An anti-Trump marcher got punched in the face.

"A Port Authority cop posted 'Grow up bitches and get a job.' The department’s inspector general gets a referral."
There's no shortage of violence on both sides.
How about walking a downtown street with a "Make America Great Again" cap Georgephillip and see how long it takes before you are assaulted.

Wear a "I'm With Her" cap and you'll just be laughed at.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
How about walking a downtown street with a "Make America Great Again" cap Georgephillip and see how long it takes before you are assaulted.

I really think there's a racial element to it all.

An angry mob of white people is BAD to the media... BAD BAD BAD!!!!

An angry mob of minorities and Leftists? Well.. justified?.. brave?.. worthy of consideration...

It's sad. We should treat adults as adults. Behavior is behavior. I'll oppose any violent behavior. The media? Not so much.

worldlymrb

Revenge
I really think there's a racial element to it all.

An angry mob of white people is BAD to the media... BAD BAD BAD!!!!

An angry mob of minorities and Leftists? Well.. justified?.. brave?.. worthy of consideration...

It's sad. We should treat adults as adults. Behavior is behavior. I'll oppose any violent behavior. The media? Not so much.
I see someone is not wearing a white pin to remind yourself of your fake "White Privilege"...LMAO!

Students wear white pins to remind them of white privilege ...
thecollegefix.com · 1 day ago
Students at Elizabethtown College this month are wearing white pins in the shape of puzzle pieces to remind them of their white privilege. The …

freyasman

Senator
`

Not really. We're used to you being wrong. The next time you issue a challenge to compare videos, secure in the assumption they'll show leftist examples to be worse, try to think it through before hitting "post."
How do you even function in the world when you're so divorced from reality?o_O

What's been so fascinating about the anti-Trump movement is how peaceful it's been, so far. We're talking about a movement that has mobilized up to 4.8 million people on a single day, and yet the violence by that enormous group of people has been so infrequent that the conservatives have been left to obsess over videos mostly showing name calling, along with second-hand accounts of supposed serious attacks.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not claiming no violence has happened. I'm sure it has. Any time you have a movement as large as the anti-Trump movement, in a country as violent as America's, there are bound to be occasional flare-ups. As I pointed out before, for example, with a background violent crime rate of 383.2/100k, we'd expect one violent act for every 95,250 protester-days, if violence was merely occurring at the background rate. So, for example, if you had a one-day event with 952,500 protesters, you'd expect 10 violent acts to occur, just at that background rate. And we're not talking fairly mild acts of violence, like simple assault, or vandalizing cars, which don't even get counted in that 383.2 rate. Instead, we're talking about things like aggravated assault, forcible rape, robbery, and murder. So far, the anti-Trump movement appears to behaving much less violently than the society as a whole, given the contrast between the huge numbers and the extreme infrequency of any serious violent acts.
The left has made political violence acceptable in 2017. Lots of people took notice.

That would depend entirely on which street you walked down and your gender, race, and immigration status, wouldn't it?

https://www.propublica.org/article/teens-report-onslaught-of-bullying-during-divisive-election?utm_source=pardot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailynewsletter

"A new national survey of more than 50,000 teens charts a surge in abusive and hateful behavior among young people since the beginning of the presidential election campaign.

“'Our biggest takeaway was that 70 percent of all respondents had witnessed bullying, hate speech or harassment since the 2016 election,' said Allison Turner, assistant press secretary for the Human Rights Campaign, a prominent LGBT advocacy group that conducted the survey.

"HRC polled a large, though not demographically representative, sample of the nation’s youth.

"Race, sexual orientation, and immigration status were the factors most often linked to bullying and social marginalization, according to the survey, which documented the experiences of adolescents between the ages of 13 and 18, many of them gay, lesbian, or transgender; some 45 percent of the teens who participated identified as heterosexual.

"Most of the teens surveyed said hateful incidents have been on the increase since the start of the highly contentious presidential campaign, which culminated with the inauguration of Donald Trump on Jan. 20."