• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Volt Named European Car Of The Year

MaryAnne

Governor
Source, Bob Lutz on the Colbert show. Sold 2200 this month,they expect 3000 the rest of the year.

I told you it was a beauty to drive.

gabriel

Governor
lol. since when has europe worried about what kind of unsophisticated junk north americans buy and drive!!

Zam-Zam

Senator
Source, Bob Lutz on the Colbert show. Sold 2200 this month,they expect 3000 the rest of the year.

I told you it was a beauty to drive.

I remember you taking one for a teat drive MA. I take it you didn't drive one home however.

I hear a lot of people saying how great the Volt is. I just don't hear of them actually purchasing one.

OldGaffer

Governor
We have only had 4 in inventory and 3 of them have sold, with tax credits you can get them down to the low 30's<shrug> about the same price as a Malibu or a Regal. Well within a middle class budget.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
SO, are you now saying that it isn't 'North American built junk'?

Get a grip, Gabe..you're all over the place today!

How's your math holding up?

20111116-194509-300x300.jpg

MaryAnne

Governor
I remember you taking one for a teat drive MA. I take it you didn't drive one home however.

I hear a lot of people saying how great the Volt is. I just don't hear of them actually purchasing one.
I drove one ,love it. So far I have not been able to part with my Olds that has 39,000 miles on it, Zam. I will let you know when I do. The Volt is one beautiful car and this is the first time an American car has been named By Europe as car of the year.

2200 sold this month.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I drove one ,love it. So far I have not been able to part with my Olds that has 39,000 miles on it, Zam. I will let you know when I do. The Volt is one beautiful car and this is the first time an American car has been named By Europe as car of the year.

2200 sold this month.

Sure MA. Let me know when you buy one,m I'm still looking for that first actual Volt owner.

MaryAnne

Governor
30k for a car with a 35 mile range?

Well, hell's bells, that's a bargain!
The battery has a 50 mile range and then when the gas kicks in it is charging the battery and they can install a kit for $250 to charge it in half the time.

If you have not driven one how can you know anything about it?

fairsheet

Senator
As Dick "the Dick" Cheney would say, buying the Volt (in the out-the-door range of $35k) is a matter of "personal virtue". The same was the case with the Prius for about the first 10 years of its existance. Toyota is now turning a pretty penny on the Prius.

The Volt's biggest problem now, is that ANYone who cares (beyond an Obama-hate angle) knows godamn well that the 2nd generation of the Volt will cost less and be a better car, than the initial one. The Fox-anus lickers are hollering as to how the Volt represents a failed approach. Everyone ELSE notes that GM's various competitors ALL have variants of the Volt's tech, in their pipelines. Obviously, GM's competitors care more about their free-market, capitalist markets, than they do what the Fox-anus lickers are "feeling".

MaryAnne

Governor
As Dick "the Dick" Cheney would say, buying the Volt (in the out-the-door range of $35k) is a matter of "personal virtue". The same was the case with the Prius for about the first 10 years of its existance. Toyota is now turning a pretty penny on the Prius.

The Volt's biggest problem now, is that ANYone who cares (beyond an Obama-hate angle) knows godamn well that the 2nd generation of the Volt will cost less and be a better car, than the initial one. The Fox-anus lickers are hollering as to how the Volt represents a failed approach. Everyone ELSE notes that GM's various competitors ALL have variants of the Volt's tech, in their pipelines. Obviously, GM's competitors care more about their free-market, capitalist markets, than they do what the Fox-anus lickers are "feeling".
We can see how much the butt lickers think of an American Auto doing well. The fools have never even driven one and they simply repeat what they are told.

I was told the car gets up to 50 miles before the gas clicks in and then it is simply charging the battery. These guys have probably never even seen the car. But I can tell you as soon as I decide to get rid of my perfect Olds I will have one.

One reason I did not buy it the day I tried it was because my friend,who is a salesman I trust had surgery and the fool I talked to tried to steer me to a Mablibu.

If I had wanted a Malibu I would have bought one long ago. A car has to really impress me to buy one.The Volt did!

And I have had a new one every 2 years until the last few because I do not drive as much as I used to and they stay like new.

So Zam,rest easy friend,I will let you know when I get one:eek:)

fairsheet

Senator
We can see how much the butt lickers think of an American Auto doing well. The fools have never even driven one and they simply repeat what they are told.

I was told the car gets up to 50 miles before the gas clicks in and then it is simply charging the battery. These guys have probably never even seen the car. But I can tell you as soon as I decide to get rid of my perfect Olds I will have one.

One reason I did not buy it the day I tried it was because my friend,who is a salesman I trust had surgery and the fool I talked to tried to steer me to a Mablibu.

If I had wanted a Malibu I would have bought one long ago. A car has to really impress me to buy one.The Volt did!

And I have had a new one every 2 years until the last few because I do not drive as much as I used to and they stay like new.

So Zam,rest easy friend,I will let you know when I get one:eek:)
The "average American" drives less than 40 miles per day. But of course, that average is derived from millions of people who drive less than 40 miles per day and very rarely take any trips that're longer than that AND from millions of people who routinely take trips that are considerably longer than 40 miles.

For those in the former category, the Volt is an operating-cost bargain. For those in the latter category, it doesn't pencil out. But then, it was never intended to pencil out for that market. Yet...those desperate for an Obama hate angle, insist upon judging and analyzing it in terms of a market for which it was never intended.