• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Volt Named European Car Of The Year

D

Doc

These vehicles can be the future.

It is just tough as hell for this new technology to compete with the old combustion engine, for a plethora of reasons.

HOWEVER...IF we keep at it, there will come a time, when BOOM...sales of hybrids/electrics takes off. It is just going to be probably about a decade or so, at best, before we see that.

OldGaffer

Governor
These vehicles can be the future.

It is just tough as hell for this new technology to compete with the old combustion engine, for a plethora of reasons.

HOWEVER...IF we keep at it, there will come a time, when BOOM...sales of hybrids/electrics takes off. It is just going to be probably about a decade or so, at best, before we see that.
Xxxxx,

I left my home address in the Infiniti’s GPS, AND I did not clear the garage door opener codes in the car. Not very smart. I’d like to correct those mistakes. I’ll volunteer to come to the dealership and do it myself if necessary. Please let me know how you want to proceed.

I really like the Volt. As I learn more about the car and gain experience driving it, I am truly impressed by the engineering that went into this automobile. I believe that people, including G.M. sales personnel, do not fully understand the vehicle, and that at least partially explains why sales of this great car have not been taking off. As gas prices continue to climb, I believe that more people will consider the Volt. I cannot adequately describe the feeling that I get from being largely independent from the prices at the gas pump. I have gone through my daily routine, as well as side trips to local parks and shopping without the use of ANY gasoline thus far. I am not in an unusual situation. According to a sign posted at the vehicle inspection station in Antioch, the average daily drive in the Greater Nashville area is 35 miles......one of the highest number of miles in the country. Looks to me like the G.M. engineers did their homework!

I’m sure that better, less expensive vehicles will eventually emerge on the market, but for now the Volt is far ahead of anything out there. The Volt is a real world solution that works, and it is available now! Tennessee means to be a leader in electric vehicle technology, and I look forward to the planned installation of fast charging stations along the major corridors. For the time being, I can drive as far as I please, (at 40 MPG highway). These facts should get any higher end auto buyer thinking.

I almost forgot to mention that I am also pleased to be helping the environment while helping myself....a win-win situation. Finally, I am pleased that this great car was designed and built primarily in the good old U.S.A. This is my first Chevrolet since 1974. I enjoyed working with you and the people at Xxxxxx Chevrolet to make that happen.

Sincerely,

Michael Xxxx
A testimonial from one of my salespersons customers, obviously this person was not deterred by the "high" price, since he was trading in a much more expensive Infiniti. No one thinks a guy is an "idiot" for spending 40 grand on a new Camaro, but 40k on a Volt is just outrageous? I think not.

MaryAnne

Governor
The "average American" drives less than 40 miles per day. But of course, that average is derived from millions of people who drive less than 40 miles per day and very rarely take any trips that're longer than that AND from millions of people who routinely take trips that are considerably longer than 40 miles.

For those in the former category, the Volt is an operating-cost bargain. For those in the latter category, it doesn't pencil out. But then, it was never intended to pencil out for that market. Yet...those desperate for an Obama hate angle, insist upon judging and analyzing it in terms of a market for which it was never intended.
And that would be me.Most of my trips average 40 to 50 miles. Any longer I like to fly:eek:)

MaryAnne

Governor
A testimonial from one of my salespersons customers, obviously this person was not deterred by the "high" price, since he was trading in a much more expensive Infiniti. No one thinks a guy is an "idiot" for spending 40 grand on a new Camaro, but 40k on a Volt is just outrageous? I think not.
\I just wish all the naysayers would drive one. After all these years I am not impressed with much, but the minute I saw the Volt I was, and as I said when the sales person tried to steer me to a Malibu he lost the sale. He was one of those blowhards who told me his whole life history,brought up family pictures and then said I looked like his Mother. He covered up half her face to show me that. I will wait until my regular sales person is well again.

And I was not old enough to be his Mother!:eek:) He was in his late 60's.
As he put it, I would never get my money back on the more expensive car. I never bought a car in my life that I worried about how much I would gain.