• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Volvo installing in-car cameras to STOP TEXT-DRIVING. I don't believe it

This is BS. The car makers WANT people text-driving since that causes crashes and car crashes mean car sales. This is just another costly feature for which volvo will make a ton of money. The way to stop text-driving is to throw people in prison when caught doing it.

https://jalopnik.com/volvo-wants-to-stop-you-from-texting-while-driving-by-s-1833437625

march 20 2019 Volvo is very committed to the idea of ending all fatalities in cars it builds, and it’s even willing to watch you like a hawk and snitch on you to make that happen. Volvo announced today it will employ in-car cameras to detect when a driver is drunk or distracted, and its cars will take specific actions when such a system is detected. I suspect you can also trigger the system by just driving like a loon, but I guess we’ll just have to see.

The system Volvo is proposing will be introduced on all “next-gen, SPA2-based vehicles,” referring to Volvo’s the second generation of the company’s modular platform, the first generation of which already underpin the company’s bigger cars like the S60 and XC90. The SPA2 cars will include internal cameras focused on the driver that will: