• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Wages start at $45K per year and can raise up to $99K per year

for twisting a bolt clockwise ever 10 minutes or so throughout the day. And they go on strike for a "Fair Wage"?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
for twisting a bolt clockwise ever 10 minutes or so throughout the day. And they go on strike for a "Fair Wage"?
I know none of the details in this issue from either side.

do know that you've drastically oversimplified what the average auto worker on an assembly line does.

do know that you've drastically oversimplified what the average auto worker on an assembly line does.
I worked with a guy that was laid off from Chevy. During his layoff, (all 5 years) they paid him $25K per year. Can't get much simpler than that.

Spamature

President
Do you see cars being made without those "bolts" being turned ?

That should tell you all you need to know about whether or not their efforts are worthwhile.

D

Deleted member 21794

In cases like this, I like to see what they pay janitors. That usually gives a good perspective. I can see paying skilled people like painters and machinist in the mid-90s

Caroljo

Senator
My son worked for GM for about 6 yrs as a certified electrician. He made good money, but there was so much stress and very few days off. He had no days he could take off, but took the day off that I had my 6 he cancer surgery. They have him 5 days off no pay. They do not care about their employees. Working under those circumstances I'd want more pay too.

I do know that the lower jobs start around $17 an hr. :)