• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Walmart boss earns 1,200 times as much as the company’s median worker

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Me a liberal??? Just because i said most CEOs are way overpaid?
Yeah... you a liberal for that. The more interesting and, I daresay, humorous narrative is how you came to be a supporter of liberal causes - through RT.

Stick to Breitbart or, if you must, Sputnik. I doubt they'll mislead you. Failing access those sites, ask yourself: What would Trump do?

He sure as hell would not criticize overpaid CEO's, Jeff Bezos excepted of course.

MAGA!

Last edited:

Fast Eddy

Mayor
There should be no linkage between CEO and the worker salaries. If a CEO screws up everyone loses his job, its a game of high risk, high reward. The ability to understand everything it takes to guide a company is not in the abilities of most workers. They are worth what the board determines.

There should be no linkage between CEO and the worker salaries. If a CEO screws up everyone loses his job, its a game of high risk, high reward. The ability to understand everything it takes to guide a company is not in the abilities of most workers. They are worth what the board determines.
They also lie which is very dangerous for 'the market' - they exaggerate the profits, fiddle the numbers, in order to gain a higher 'bonus'. This has been going on for a very long time to disastrous effect.

They also lie which is very dangerous for 'the market' - they exaggerate the profits, fiddle the numbers, in order to gain a higher 'bonus'. This has been going on for a very long time to disastrous effect.
You are describing fraud. Which is already illegal. If CEO's are doing that they are going to jail. By and Large this ended after Enron and Sarbanes-Oxley.

You are describing fraud. Which is already illegal. If CEO's are doing that they are going to jail. By and Large this ended after Enron and Sarbanes-Oxley.
I know what I have described. It has been the practice for many many years - fiddling with numbers whilst keeping your own hands clean is an art in and of itself, isn't it?

I saw something on it just the other day --- can't remember what now. If I come across it again I'll post it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I have no what you mean when you say "moral free market". It's just a pleasant sounding word jumble. Imposing your own morality on others is not what free peoples do, nor it is how free markets work.
"I have no what you mean"
"free peoples"
Yes, a jumble of words

Go dig a ditch, you should be worth $5 @hour

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
I have no what you mean when you say "moral free market"
Then the polite thing to have done would have been to ask for clarification.

It's just a pleasant sounding word jumble
Pleasant sounding, yes, but the words make perfect sense.

Imposing your own morality on others is not what free peoples do
Actually, it's what all peoples do. Cultures and societies have shared laws and ethical standards. Corporate executives used to have ethical standards, including in relation to their employees.
Regardless, I'm less after imposition than education.

nor it is how free markets work
No it isn't ... anymore.

Used to be that business leaders felt a sincere sense of moral obligation to their employees, their communities, and their country. That's how it was when I grew up. There were always exceptions, of course, but in general the people at the top of the business food-chain were churched. Thus, they had a moral compass and so had patriotism, a connection to the community, and concern for their employees' well-being and dignity. Of course they pursued money, but there were moral limits on what most of them would do to get it.

Dig down to the root of many of our current problems and you'll find a lack of traditional morals. The rise of numerous problems correlates with the decline in importance of God and church in society and in individual's lives.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Nobody can point to anything immoral that the Walmart CEO has done. He just gets paid a high salary, while others don't. Nothing immoral about that.
I never said otherwise.

Here, you posed a question to me so let me ask you:
Is there anything morally wrong with a CEO being compensated tens of millions of dollars while rank & file employees are compensated so little they need food stamps, section 8, and medicaid to survive?
Is there anything morally wrong with a large corporation, having made large "political donations" to see that anti-trust laws aren't applied, buying another large corporation and subsequently laying off thousands of employees while executives collect multi-million dollar bonuses for accomplishing the merger & achieving "efficiencies" along with multi-million dollar increases in the value of the company stock they were given?

I never said otherwise.

Here, you posed a question to me so let me ask you:
Is there anything morally wrong with a CEO being compensated tens of millions of dollars while rank & file employees are compensated so little they need food stamps, section 8, and medicaid to survive?
No, no one is forcing the employees to take low wages. They can unionize, they can quit. The workers make the agreement to work for those wages of their own free will.
Is there anything morally wrong with a large corporation, having made large "political donations" to see that anti-trust laws aren't applied, buying another large corporation and subsequently laying off thousands of employees while executives collect multi-million dollar bonuses for accomplishing the merger & achieving "efficiencies" along with multi-million dollar increases in the value of the company stock they were given?
Nothing is morally wrong with corporate mergers or achieving efficiencies. Sometimes you have to fire 1 to save the 99. There is nothing morally wrong with firing people because businesses found a cheaper alternative. There is no moral superioritity or inferiority in employing people.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No, no one is forcing the employees to take low wages. They can unionize, they can quit. The workers make the agreement to work for those wages of their own free will.

Nothing is morally wrong with corporate mergers or achieving efficiencies. Sometimes you have to fire 1 to save the 99. There is nothing morally wrong with firing people because businesses found a cheaper alternative. There is no moral superioritity or inferiority in employing people.

I agree. Good reply.