• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Want to create jobs?

Bull, Lukey! You n Ed to read your history and you will find that Unions forced other companies to give decent wages so they would not lose Employees.

I can remember Unions fopighting the companies to get decent benefits for Employees.

The founders of other companies hated Ford with a passion. They were forced into it. Company owners did not give it from the goodness of their hearts.

Now you can see with the demise of those Unions just how far the middle has fallen while idiots complain about Unions and vote for the very people that are destroying them!
Ban Them. If We Have to Do It on Our Own, So Must They.

Ever since the phony, media-shopped 60s, Democrats have been infiltrated with spoiled preppy snobs who despise, hate, and fear those born in the working class. In a democracy, such snakes have no right to exist. There's no such thing as "rich kids on our side." Both trailer-park Republicans and unionized Democrats should be made aware of this.

Wahbooz

Governor
Moronic logic alert! How do you "produce goods" without creating wealth that can be used to purchase goods? The idea that someone must be "given" the money to buy the products being produced is not only communistic, it turns 10,000 years of history of economic commerce on its head.
You really do need a new pair of glasses, Luke. Or else you need classes in reading. I have no idea what you are trying to say, or where you are even coming from. Your response to what I said to RE is more than moronic. Where did you get any of that crap you put down? Is this more of a rightwing example of sidestepping, and pretending you've won something?

The fact remains, and it has nothing to do with 'giving' anybody anything. Simple fact, to be a consumer, a person has to have a living wage. Key word here for you, moron, wage. That's not giving a damn thing away, people earn a wage. Do you get that, or is your noggin that hard you can't assimilate anything???? To have a functioning economy, you have to have consumers. If workers are stressed with higher wages and lower taxes, they do not contribute to the economy.

Man, I give up, the ignorance here is really growing. And then you add a fear or fetish of communism. Nowhere, from my top post down, was there any promotion of communism from me. You are simply desperately trying to alter the theme of the top post, and you fail miserably.

Last edited:

Wahbooz

Governor
Ban Them. If We Have to Do It on Our Own, So Must They.

Ever since the phony, media-shopped 60s, Democrats have been infiltrated with spoiled preppy snobs who despise, hate, and fear those born in the working class. In a democracy, such snakes have no right to exist. There's no such thing as "rich kids on our side." Both trailer-park Republicans and unionized Democrats should be made aware of this.
Good luck trying to educate them. You see the ignorance here.

Days

Commentator
Moronic logic alert! How do you "produce goods" without creating wealth that can be used to purchase goods? The idea that someone must be "given" the money to buy the products being produced is not only communistic, it turns 10,000 years of history of economic commerce on its head.
It is also exactly how the dollar is created under the Federal Reserve system. I'm not saying it is right, but for you to imagine that it isn't happening is delusional. Money is created out of thin air, that's where capital investment comes from. When there is over a quadrillion dollars already in print, and you sit there and say that the money doesn't exist to pay a living wage... as if we were living in the dark ages. Get real, the money exists. But instead of a living wage the money is poured into high end commodities, like $500 million dollar art pieces.

Lukey

Senator
It is also exactly how the dollar is created under the Federal Reserve system. I'm not saying it is right, but for you to imagine that it isn't happening is delusional. Money is created out of thin air, that's where capital investment comes from. When there is over a quadrillion dollars already in print, and you sit there and say that the money doesn't exist to pay a living wage... as if we were living in the dark ages. Get real, the money exists. But instead of a living wage the money is poured into high end commodities, like $500 million dollar art pieces.
I harbor no such delusions. Of course the modern developed countries' governments have adopted the (Keynesian) viewpoint that there is an economic free lunch rainbow at the end of the progressive policy era. Even if they didn't want to, they are being forced to, by economic reality which makes their systems inherently unsustainable.

Days

Commentator
I harbor no such delusions. Of course the modern developed countries' governments have adopted the (Keynesian) viewpoint that there is an economic free lunch rainbow at the end of the progressive policy era. Even if they didn't want to, they are being forced to, by economic reality which makes their systems inherently unsustainable.
no argument there. Although, the systems could be shored up, the banks are too greedy to do it.

If I were King, I would create jobs by some combination of the following:

1. Student loan forgiveness or restructuring. This would free up money in the hands of our young people so they can do what we all did in our 30s, start a family, buy a house, start building a life.

2. Massive ten year funding for infrastructure. No more one year budgets, move this to a 10 year plan, fund it without compromise, take the first year to analyse, prioritize, forecast, budget, plan etc so that you have a real plan in place with projects that are not pork but really necessary. We did this a long time ago with dams, roads, bridges, trails, etc. Lets get going now. Trump is right about one thing, some of our airports are a disgrace. JFK, La Gaurdia, LAX they all suck. Make them look like Singapore or Hong Kong.

3. All income taxed at same rate except long term capital gains. This will help funding and stop this mindless quarter by quarter madness.

4. Enforce the anti-trust laws and stop letting companies merge. I cannot stand it when competitors merge, no one wins but shareholders and executives. Every time anyone buys a company, half of one gets whacked. Stop this nonsense.

5. Take a hard look at all new trade deals. Trump is right about this one too. Get union leaders on every negotiating team. Someone has to look out for us.

6. Encourage the creation of public trade schools where you come out of it fully trained and certified. Give the trades who employ these graduates some form of advantage in all public bids.

7. Isolate, confiscate and annihilate off shore banking tax havens. Repatriate deposits if necessary but lets get that money back into play again.

8. Have a 10 year energy policy that moves us to renewables.

9. Fully fund pure research in all disciplines. Can we get those guys who ran Xerox, Bell Labs, HP, IBM, etc to come out and start something like them again?

10. Fully fund broadband access at 1 gig per home replacing all existing copper plant.

Those are my ideas. I know it will cost money but that money will be circulated over and over again and these things are investments that will make a difference for our kids. Our kids are inheriting the mess from free market theories that resulted in this hopeless situation. Us boomers need to admit we screwed up a good thing, our parents left us with the goose that laid the golden eggs and we ate the goose.