• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Warmists are funny people

Bugsy McGurk

President
That's a STRAIGHT BAREFACED LIE!

Norfolk is where I live and work and boat and play. Been here my entire life. I know dozens of people both civilian and military that work on that base specifically. I do construction and rehab work on that base and am physically there many days a year and have been for the better part of 30 years both as an employee and an employer. I have a contract right now to work on bldg. A-81 at the PWC.

I have never seen the ship docks underwater. Ever. It's an old base. Really old with old infrastructure. Sure there are some low streets that flood or hold water after an extended gully washer, a northeaster or hurricane but no more than in downtown Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton or Newport News or any of our cities directly on the bay or harbor.

Wonder why Norfolk Naval Shipyard isn't on you list.......it's only 3 miles up the harbor. Yet no mention of it. The marine terminals in Portsmouth, Norfolk, Newport News. The coal terminals in Newport News. Newport News Shipbuilding. Waterside, Harbor Park baseball stadium, The Marriot, the Omni and all the big hotels in downtown Norfolk and Portsmouth. The Navy depot at Cranny Island. Fort Monroe. Little Creek Amphib base. Fort Story Navy training base. Norshipco, BAE, Colonna and the other 3 or 4 privately owned shipyards. All the thousands of marinas, yacht clubs, condos and private residences in Hampton Roads. I could go on for literally hours listing places on the water here that APPARENTLY are NOT in danger of flooding because of your FAKE ASS assertion of 14.5" of sea rise happening here.

Why are there no pictures of this "flooding phenomenon" in your links? Curious as well........

Your links are all based on modeling, suppositions and predictions. False ones I might add.

In short they're bullshit.
A lie?

You deny that the DOD is taking actions to cope with the impacts of global warming?

A lie?

You deny that the DOD is taking actions to cope with the impacts of global warming?
You mean Obobo's DOD? Maybe those retards were.

Thankfully adults run the DOD now. And btw I didn't see ONE THING in that link from National Geographic that alluded to ANY action being taken by the DOD on "global warming" or "sea level rise". Did you?

connieb

Senator
Yeah.........erosion is a bitch
Norfolk and Hampton went with rock jetties to protect their vulnerable beaches. Virginia Beach did not and spends millions every few years for sand replenishing
The jetties are a controversial issue. In some ways, the jetties do protect the beach - but on the other hand, they actually disrupt the normal replenishment process. Its sort of like one internvention leads to others. We have beachfront property in South Carolina. They have been doing a beach replenishment project there, too. We need it and there aren't many jetties, but the jetties from up north, impact how the sand flows where we are.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Thankfully adults run the DOD now. And btw I didn't see ONE THING in that link from National Geographic that alluded to ANY action being taken by the DOD on "global warming" or "sea level rise". Did you?
Obama hasn’t been president for well over a year. What evidence do you have that the DOD has ceased taking actions under Trump to combat the impacts of global warming?

The jetties are a controversial issue. In some ways, the jetties do protect the beach - but on the other hand, they actually disrupt the normal replenishment process. Its sort of like one internvention leads to others. We have beachfront property in South Carolina. They have been doing a beach replenishment project there, too. We need it and there aren't many jetties, but the jetties from up north, impact how the sand flows where we are.
It was a budget thing here. Virginia Beach gets all the tourism and has the money and tax base. In Hampton and especially Norfolk sand replenishment is not a viable option.

That's a STRAIGHT BAREFACED LIE!

Norfolk is where I live and work and boat and play. Been here my entire life. I know dozens of people both civilian and military that work on that base specifically. I do construction and rehab work on that base and am physically there many days a year and have been for the better part of 30 years both as an employee and an employer. I have a contract right now to work on bldg. A-81 at the PWC.

Are you saying the following is NOT accurate?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/pentagon-fights-climate-change-sea-level-rise-defense-department-military/

"NORFOLK, VIRGINIA Ten times a year, the Naval Station Norfolk floods. The entry road swamps. Connecting roads become impassable.

"Crossing from one side of the base to the other becomes impossible.

"Dockside, floodwaters overtop the concrete piers, shorting power hookups to the mighty ships that are docked in the world’s largest naval base...."

"Norfolk station is headquarters of the Atlantic fleet, and flooding already disrupts military readiness there and at other bases clustered around the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, officials say.

"Flooding will only worsen as the seas rise and the planet warms. Sea level at Norfolk has risen 14.5 inches in the century since World War I, when the naval station was built.

"By 2100, Norfolk station will flood 280 times a year, according to one estimate by the Union of Concerned Scientists."

So, it is sinking - the sea is not really rising that much. And its eroding. Its MD environmental rules that prevented them from erecting bulkheads to save it. Which would have protected it from storms, etc.

"James Eskridge blames conservation groups and environmental-impact studies for hindering the infrastructure projects that he says his island needs in order to endure."
https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/tangier-the-sinking-island-in-the-chesapeake?mbid=nl_Daily 061018&CNDID=50088334&spMailingID=13666481&spUserID=MjUzMDAwNjI1NzY4S0&spJobID=1420901052&spReportId=MTQyMDkwMTA1MgS2

connieb

Senator

"James Eskridge blames conservation groups and environmental-impact studies for hindering the infrastructure projects that he says his island needs in order to endure."
https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/tangier-the-sinking-island-in-the-chesapeake?mbid=nl_Daily 061018&CNDID=50088334&spMailingID=13666481&spUserID=MjUzMDAwNjI1NzY4S0&spJobID=1420901052&spReportId=MTQyMDkwMTA1MgS2

Indeed, much of the island can be saved, but the State MDE process is ridiculous.. add to that the ACE process.

S

Sickofleft

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/record-heat-makes-may-hottest-u-s-84-years-n880976

Even if I am to accept that modern technology allows them to measure Global temperature with such precision which I do not by the way; the 1930s temperature mentioned here as the former record for May is well within anyone's margin of error.

You would never know that by reading the wording of the article though.

From the opening sentence indicating that warming has returned to North America with a vengeance you would think that the temperature differential was 25 degrees not a fraction of 1 degree.

This is typical of someone who is pushing a false agenda.

Jo
It's not about the climate, it's about the beloved fascist who have been deemed "intellectually curious" gaining more Government control over our daily lives.

Sad thing is because it has become such a joke the environment will probably suffer worse in the long run. Why? Something does develop that needs attention nobody is going to pay any attention.........

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's not about the climate, it's about the beloved fascist who have been deemed "intellectually curious" gaining more Government control over our daily lives.

Sad thing is because it has become such a joke the environment will probably suffer worse in the long run. Why? Something does develop that needs attention nobody is going to pay any attention.........
And I ask you, what’s worse than being “intellectually curious”?

;-)

You mean this link?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/pentagon-fights-climate-change-sea-level-rise-defense-department-military/

"A RAFT OF RISKS
The Defense Department operates more than 555,000 facilities on 28 million acres of land with a replacement value of $850 billion, according to the Government Accountability Office.

"Some 1,200 military installations are in the United States.

"GAO auditors surveyed the military’s holdings in 2014 to assess the climate impacts.

"Their report, which drew little notice at the time, focused on 15 unidentified sites where sea-level rise and severe weather are damaging runways, roads, seawalls, and buildings.":)

EatTheRich

President
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/record-heat-makes-may-hottest-u-s-84-years-n880976

Even if I am to accept that modern technology allows them to measure Global temperature with such precision which I do not by the way; the 1930s temperature mentioned here as the former record for May is well within anyone's margin of error.

You would never know that by reading the wording of the article though.

From the opening sentence indicating that warming has returned to North America with a vengeance you would think that the temperature differential was 25 degrees not a fraction of 1 degree.

This is typical of someone who is pushing a false agenda.

Jo
You know, if that were the only evidence of global warming, instead of one snapshot of the results of a well-attested trend, you might have a point. A fraction-of-a-degree difference in average global temperature is actually quite a bit ... the equivalent of billions of joules of energy.

S

Sickofleft

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Climate change is real as it has been happening on Earth for 5 billion years. That said referring to imbeciles as warmist and not imbeciles is not a credit to reality
I agree that climate change is real. It just changed to summer. Autumn will come next, then winter and then spring. It's been that way forever. Man has nothing to do with it.

Global Warming was created by Al Gore to bilk gullible snowflake Liberals out of their money. Get rid of Al Gore and Global Warming will go away.
How do you explain the DoD's understanding of rising sea levels?

"A RAFT OF RISKS
The Defense Department operates more than 555,000 facilities on 28 million acres of land with a replacement value of $850 billion, according to the Government Accountability Office. Some 1,200 military installations are in the United States. GAO auditors surveyed the military’s holdings in 2014 to assess the climate impacts. Their report, which drew little notice at the time, focused on 15 unidentified sites where sea-level rise and severe weather are damaging runways, roads, seawalls, and buildings."