• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Warmists are funny people

Bugsy McGurk

President
Human-induced climate change was predicted by Svante Arrhenius in 1896, 52 years before Gore was born.
Yup. It’s a scientific certainty that injecting massive amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere will warm the globe. Scientists accepted this long ago. Dumbasses still struggle with the concept.

Are you saying the following is NOT accurate?
Well duh!

That's precisely what I'm saying.

NOB Norfolk was built primarily on a land fill or land that was reclaimed from the bay. It's sinking, settling .......call it what you want but the base IS NOT BEING SWALLOWED BY THE SEA!

Why are there NO other articles about the Hampton Roads Harbor and it hundreds of miles of shoreline being swallowed by the bay? How is it NONE of the billions of dollars worth of infrastructure and business in the harbor is being affected? Just the base? How could that even be possible?

Because your story is bullshit that's how.

Stop being so fukn gullible.

connieb

Senator
Well duh!

That's precisely what I'm saying.

NOB Norfolk was built primarily on a land fill or land that was reclaimed from the bay. It's sinking, settling .......call it what you want but the base IS NOT BEING SWALLOWED BY THE SEA!

Why are there NO other articles about the Hampton Roads Harbor and it hundreds of miles of shoreline being swallowed by the bay? How is it NONE of the billions of dollars worth of infrastructure and business in the harbor is being affected? Just the base? How could that even be possible?

Because your story is bullshit that's how.

Stop being so fukn gullible.
Exactly.

MrMike

Bless you all
Such is the life of a living language.

Myself....I think it just saves time. Tagnames are a well worn Lefty tradition.

I see no reason why conservatives should not begin to take up the torch.

Jo
Kinda like when lefties invented the Alt-Right

but got upset if you called them Alt-Left

:p

justoffal

Senator
Oh, boy... they would have remained above water for perhaps another 100 years. Now they're only 40 or 50 years away. Wow. Time to totally panic, throw away the baby with the bathwater...
The Earth is very tectonic-ally active....I wouldn't bet my future on any small islands frankly.

OB Norfolk was built primarily on a land fill or land that was reclaimed from the bay. It's sinking, settling .......call it what you want but the base IS NOT BEING SWALLOWED BY THE SEA!
The land is sinking, settling...but it is NOT being swallowed by the sea?

Care to explain the 14.5 inch rise in sea level since WWI?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/pentagon-fights-climate-change-sea-level-rise-defense-department-military/

"Sea level at Norfolk has risen 14.5 inches in the century since World War I, when the naval station was built."

connieb

Senator
The land is sinking, settling...but it is NOT being swallowed by the sea?

Care to explain the 14.5 inch rise in sea level since WWI?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/pentagon-fights-climate-change-sea-level-rise-defense-department-military/

"Sea level at Norfolk has risen 14.5 inches in the century since World War I, when the naval station was built."
That is probably bad reporting. The sea may in fact be higher than it used to be but not because the sea rose that much but because the land had sunk.

That is probably bad reporting. The sea may in fact be higher than it used to be but not because the sea rose that much but because the land had sunk.
That may be true in the specific example we're discussing, but it doesn't apply world-wide.

https://climateandsecurity.org/militaryexpertpanel2018/

"The Center for Climate and Security’s Military Expert Panel Report: Sea Level Rise and the U.S. Military’s Mission, 2nd Edition concludes that sea level rise risks to coastal military installations will present serious risks to military readiness, operations and strategy, and includes new information regarding military installation vulnerabilities, including to the energy and transportation infrastructure that these installations depend on."

redtide

Mayor
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/record-heat-makes-may-hottest-u-s-84-years-n880976

Even if I am to accept that modern technology allows them to measure Global temperature with such precision which I do not by the way; the 1930s temperature mentioned here as the former record for May is well within anyone's margin of error.

You would never know that by reading the wording of the article though.

From the opening sentence indicating that warming has returned to North America with a vengeance you would think that the temperature differential was 25 degrees not a fraction of 1 degree.

This is typical of someone who is pushing a false agenda.

Jo
It is just a cult that uses modern versions of what the catholic cult used to secure power in the west. greedy SOBs and weak minded lemmings

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
How do you explain the DoD's understanding of rising sea levels?

"A RAFT OF RISKS
The Defense Department operates more than 555,000 facilities on 28 million acres of land with a replacement value of $850 billion, according to the Government Accountability Office. Some 1,200 military installations are in the United States. GAO auditors surveyed the military’s holdings in 2014 to assess the climate impacts. Their report, which drew little notice at the time, focused on 15 unidentified sites where sea-level rise and severe weather are damaging runways, roads, seawalls, and buildings."
I don't believe them.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The jetties are a controversial issue. In some ways, the jetties do protect the beach - but on the other hand, they actually disrupt the normal replenishment process. Its sort of like one internvention leads to others. We have beachfront property in South Carolina. They have been doing a beach replenishment project there, too. We need it and there aren't many jetties, but the jetties from up north, impact how the sand flows where we are.
Jetties send it on down the line..........if those below don't jetty.......well

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
just as our body
the older we get the shorter we get
compassion is reality
especially on shifting sand

I'm seen hurricanes close one inlet and open a new one at the beach

redtide

Mayor
How do you explain the DoD's understanding of rising sea levels?

"A RAFT OF RISKS
The Defense Department operates more than 555,000 facilities on 28 million acres of land with a replacement value of $850 billion, according to the Government Accountability Office. Some 1,200 military installations are in the United States. GAO auditors surveyed the military’s holdings in 2014 to assess the climate impacts. Their report, which drew little notice at the time, focused on 15 unidentified sites where sea-level rise and severe weather are damaging runways, roads, seawalls, and buildings."
Tides, and all navies for 1000's of years have been familiar with them