• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Warren drew a rally crowd of 20,000 last night

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
A full-time job (which is very difficult for people to have while completing school with good grades in a timely fashion) that someone fresh out of high school can get hired for (unless through family connections) doesn’t come close to covering the cost of living expenses, much less the cost of living expenses plus the added cost of school.
So get a job for a year and then start college with savings in the bank or better yet enlist in military and after 4 years use GI Bill...……….

Of course if an 18 year old did that they'd miss the frat parties and as many die...……..

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
When NO ONE can win in a rigged system, it is not because of a general lack of self-reliance.
Boy, I say Boy...……….I was 10 before my parents had inside bathroom...……..we had a nice Outhouse and that didn't stop me from being self-reliant and successful...….

EatTheRich

President
So get a job for a year and then start college with savings in the bank or better yet enlist in military and after 4 years use GI Bill...……….

Of course if an 18 year old did that they'd miss the frat parties and as many die...……..
Having the kind of job that is available to a high school graduate without family/prep-school connections for a year and relying on your wages for subsistence means starting college further in debt. Not sure if the GI bill still affords the opportunity to attend college with minimal debt as it (and working a civilian job to save) once did. But what an alternative: if you do not help the ruling class fight its war on workers, you cannot better yourself?

EatTheRich

President
Boy, I say Boy...……….I was 10 before my parents had inside bathroom...……..we had a nice Outhouse and that didn't stop me from being self-reliant and successful...….
Wasn’t that during the days of the Fair Deal/Great Society, before Reaganomics/Clintonomics smothered the American Dream?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Having the kind of job that is available to a high school graduate without family/prep-school connections for a year and relying on your wages for subsistence means starting college further in debt. Not sure if the GI bill still affords the opportunity to attend college with minimal debt as it (and working a civilian job to save) once did. But what an alternative: if you do not help the ruling class fight its war on workers, you cannot better yourself?
GI BILL is a hellofa lot better now than in 70's