• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Was it okay for Trump to use money from his foundation to pay off his companies' lawsuits?

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/09/20/donald-trump-busted-self-dealing-money-foundation-settle-lawsuits.html
It sounds like Trump used money donated to his charitable foundation to pay off lawsuits against his companies'. It is especially funny since his has not put one penny into that foundation for the past 9 years. Is this okay with you? Is this just another "business" thing like his bankruptcies that hurt thousands of investors but left Trump richer? If not illegal, it is certainly one of the most unethical move I have ever seen made. I do know one thing, his supporters won't care, and that scares me more than anything.

Bugsy McGurk

President
This is why Trump hides his tax returns and everything he can hide. They would reveal such shocking shenanigans that even some of his Deplorables would be disgusted.

BobbyT

Governor
This is why Trump hides his tax returns and everything he can hide. They would reveal such shocking shenanigans that even some of his Deplorables would be disgusted.
I doubt out and out fraud would deter the deplorables. They jump thru any hoops necessary to defend his fraudulent university. They think his cheating is a virtue, not a vice; clever, not criminal; laudable, not lamentable; praiseworthy, not pathetic.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I doubt out and out fraud would deter the deplorables. They jump thru any hoops necessary to defend his fraudulent university. They think his cheating is a virtue, not a vice; clever, not criminal; laudable, not lamentable; praiseworthy, not pathetic.
It's illegal from what I've been reading. But nothing will be done.

BobbyT

Governor
It's illegal from what I've been reading. But nothing will be done.
And the press will give him a pass to keep the race 'tight.' The press treat the Presidential race like an American Idol show. Disgraceful.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/09/20/donald-trump-busted-self-dealing-money-foundation-settle-lawsuits.html
It sounds like Trump used money donated to his charitable foundation to pay off lawsuits against his companies'. It is especially funny since his has not put one penny into that foundation for the past 9 years. Is this okay with you? Is this just another "business" thing like his bankruptcies that hurt thousands of investors but left Trump richer? If not illegal, it is certainly one of the most unethical move I have ever seen made. I do know one thing, his supporters won't care, and that scares me more than anything.
If you are concerned about money use of a foundation, look no further than the fat sick women.
Spent about 6% of funds on Charity the rest overhead
Make payouts to people doing their bidding, no charity ties.
Do not declare on taxes all money received
Uses foreign accounts like Canada and Switzerland to funnel money untracked to the US.
Pay to play evident, even directly from the state department

This and much more, trump is not in the ballpark as these clowns.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Hence, their very apt nickname - The Deplorables.

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No, that would most certainly not be ok. Unacceptable, illegal, inappropriate, and immoral.

Thanks for asking.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Indeed.

Is what Trump did "unacceptable, illegal, inappropriate, and immoral," or "would it be" "unacceptable, illegal, inappropriate, and immoral"?
Really? You demand a drill down here?

As you know, I'm on record as a Trump opponent. He's horrible. Clearly, as a Hillary operative, you must demand both loathing of her opponent AND support of Clinton. In my case, you will need to settle for mere acknowledgement of Trump's poor character, immorality, and unfitness for office.

Sorry if my similar rejection of Clinton offends you.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Really? You demand a drill down here?

As you know, I'm on record as a Trump opponent. He's horrible. Clearly, as a Hillary operative, you must demand both loathing of her opponent AND support of Clinton. In my case, you will need to settle for mere acknowledgement of Trump's poor character, immorality, and unfitness for office.

Sorry if my similar rejection of Clinton offends you.
I knew you couldn't say it.

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You didn't say Trump did something wrong. You said it "would be" wrong.

Did Trump do something wrong?
Are you asleep?

Trump does nearly EVERYTHING wrong - and I've never been hesitant to commit that to writing.

Is it my opposition to Hillary Clinton that wipes out your capacity to process my rejection of Trump? Good Lord, man, take your vitamins and get more sleep.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Are you asleep?

Trump does nearly EVERYTHING wrong - and I've never been hesitant to commit that to writing.

Is it my opposition to Hillary Clinton that wipes out your capacity to process my rejection of Trump? Good Lord, man, take your vitamins and get more sleep.
Your dodging gets boring quickly.