• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Watch out Repubs...Cotton has a new "pooter" and I'll smoke your a**!

Do you have Windows 8, Cotton.. using Windows 7 here..?
Windows 8, Addy...love it. Norton virus protection came with it...very easy to set up. Transferred all my stuff. Got spell check as you write....never had that. Pictures are great...

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Windows 8, Addy...love it. Norton virus protection came with it...very easy to set up. Transferred all my stuff. Got spell check as you write....never had that. Pictures are great...
Sounds really neat, Cotton.. enjoy it, apparently you already are.. :)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
My laptop came with most of those features you mentioned.. but it had Windows 7.. bought it about two years ago I think.. :)

Use my desktop more than the Laptop though..

my old computer was 7 years old.. .amazing how much they have improved. and, I bought a cheap one, but didn't need all the stuff that the Mac has etc. If I was running a business out of my house, would get something bigger. This one is just fine.

RedCloud

Mayor
my old computer was 7 years old.. .amazing how much they have improved. and, I bought a cheap one, but didn't need all the stuff that the Mac has etc. If I was running a business out of my house, would get something bigger. This one is just fine.
Cotton, better watch that spell check. It'll have you saying things you don't intend to. I'm not joking on this. I can't cite a particular case right now but it has happened to me.

Cotton, better watch that spell check. It'll have you saying things you don't intend to. I'm not joking on this. I can't cite a particular case right now but it has happened to me.
really... well, R.C. not many folks pay much attention to what I say anyway:)

RedCloud

Mayor
really... well, R.C. not many folks pay much attention to what I say anyway:)
You might be surprised, Cotton. On my computer if I flub up on a word it will guess at it and put it in my script if I keep typing and don't notice that it is trying to get me to select which word I want. It can get embarrassing if I don't proofread.

MaryAnne

Governor
You ain't seen nothing,Red Cloud,until you have iPAD check! It is the only thing I do not like.

Like you,Cotton, I have a set pattern,and only need certain functions.

Addy, I can take a picture now,and transfer it to an Avatar on this thing. Now,I just need to take some pictures. I put an Easter cake in,but it was sideways. I found I had to turn the iPAD around!:)

MaryAnne

Governor
You might be surprised, Cotton. On my computer if I flub up on a word it will guess at it and put it in my script if I keep typing and don't notice that it is trying to get me to select which word I want. It can get embarrassing if I don't proofread.
Mine changes while I am clicking post.

Portmanteau becomes, see? I am referring to the Senator from Ohio!:)

Minotaur

Governor
Funny you say that as that is how we buy our personal laptops and PC's. We go cheap and buy them as mentally disposable as technology outdates them almost as soon as they come out. That mentality is what comes from working in the field of technology for too many years. LOL

We pretty much buy technology enhanced products including electronics now as disposable as long as we get our money's worth before we retire it as a semi-new antique.