• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We are being poached!

More and more lefties are being poached for 'you know where' --- I have been and gone from there and hope others will come back too --- for without lefty we have no righty and were is the fun in that? Being from neither camp I don't like to see a one sided argument anywhere on line ---

For all of my bitching over moderating, I know this is still one of the least heavily handed moderated political forums, on line.

What are we to do about this loss of posters?

Caroljo

Senator
We have a new poster that came on this morning! Don't know much about him yet, but we'll see :). I wouldn't want to stay on a board that was all one sided at all, like you said...what fun is that? I think people that have left this board left because most of them couldn't prove their arguments any longer & their BS was catching up with them. If I think I'm right, I'm not going to run away. I may walk away from a thread that has gotten to be a farse, or walk away from a person that won't stop attacking, but you're going to find that in just about any board.

I'm not sure where 'there' is that you talk about though.....

We have a new poster that came on this morning! Don't know much about him yet, but we'll see :). I wouldn't want to stay on a board that was all one sided at all, like you said...what fun is that? I think people that have left this board left because most of them couldn't prove their arguments any longer & their BS was catching up with them. If I think I'm right, I'm not going to run away. I may walk away from a thread that has gotten to be a farse, or walk away from a person that won't stop attacking, but you're going to find that in just about any board.

I'm not sure where 'there' is that you talk about though.....
Another forum whose initial's are P H.

Lots of us, for different reasons, have taken a break from here at one time or another - but we go of our own accord --- not having been cajoled by one person or another to leave for other climes ---

Last edited:

Caroljo

Senator
They're Berning their enthusiasm over there. One of their chief censors calls herself a "Sandernista."
I know a few from here that went there, I even went there to check it out....but the ones that left here for that board I'd like to see stay there! Seemed to me there's a lot of nut jobs posting there, and it's WAY too big of a board.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I know a few from here that went there, I even went there to check it out....but the ones that left here for that board I'd like to see stay there! Seemed to me there's a lot of nut jobs posting there, and it's WAY too big of a board.
Quite frankly,I don't see why anyone finds it more appealing. Whatever. My profile there says I joined in 3/2013,have a total of 655 posts and haven't posted there since 10/26/2015. I have to be really bored to even click on it.

Jen

Senator
I haven't heard much good about PH
There isn't anything good about PH.
I post there when I have too much time to kill (months between posts).
But let me make a few points:

• PJ hasn't lost any good posters to that board that I am aware of.
  • PH is pretty much an echo chamber. Some people do not tolerate any point of view but their own.
  • A person can post at more than one board. If they wanted to post here they would.
The echo chamber is a huge draw for Leftists. They have tried to make PJ an echo chamber but they haven't been successful, so they found an echo chamber. Meh........who cares?

Jen

Senator
Quite frankly,I don't see why anyone finds it more appealing. Whatever. My profile there says I joined in 3/2013,have a total of 655 posts and haven't posted there since 10/26/2015. I have to be really bored to even click on it.
Same here. It's a very boring place.

Jen

Senator
It looks like a dying board to me.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
ok what is PH? Is this a forum that has overzealous liberals that need their self-absorbed pride rubbed in their own shit that they try to spread around?
PoliticalHotwire. It's hard Left forum. They have a list of banned members titled "banned camp". It reads like a roster of conservative forum members sprinkled only occasionally with a LWer. While RWers are perm-banned, LWers are temp-banned. The worst one was given a year ban for doing far worse things than many of the RWers on the perm-ban list.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Same here. It's a very boring place.
Agreed. I find any forum that is nearly exclusively hard Left or hard Right to be boring. This includes your favorite, TPF. I was banned there for doing exactly the same thing I did on PH.

Political extremists don't like opposition. They only keep a few of the nuttiest and most extreme opposites to toy with and laugh at.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
PoliticalHotwire. It's hard Left forum. They have a list of banned members titled "banned camp". It reads like a roster of conservative forum members sprinkled only occasionally with a LWer. While RWers are perm-banned, LWers are temp-banned. The worst one was given a year ban for doing far worse things than many of the RWers on the perm-ban list.
In other words I wouldn't last 30 minutes? lol