• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We are being poached!

Not unusual. Besides being so far Left they are in danger of falling over, they're also paranoid of sock puppets.

People are banned from PH for their views alone. 'Party members' with the 'correct' views may say what ever they wish, threaten, insult, lie about - they have a free hand - those with differing views BUT form even a tiny question against the 'party line' and into the gulag wiv ya --- for reasons which are not even given, vague vague reasons without any merit what so ever. They will end up eating each other ---

I have posted over there on and off when not much was happening in here ( from my pov) it has become such a poisonous site now - where once is was really ok, not a home for me but an ok site.

TheResister

Council Member
People are banned from PH for their views alone. 'Party members' with the 'correct' views may say what ever they wish, threaten, insult, lie about - they have a free hand - those with differing views BUT form even a tiny question against the 'party line' and into the gulag wiv ya --- for reasons which are not even given, vague vague reasons without any merit what so ever. They will end up eating each other ---

I have posted over there on and off when not much was happening in here ( from my pov) it has become such a poisonous site now - where once is was really ok, not a home for me but an ok site.
I've been considering this thread for a number of weeks. I have mixed emotions because, while I don't like censorship, there are times it has to be employed. For example, there is a poster that follows me from board to board. Their ONLY contribution to any forum is to criticize and harass me. That is it. If that individual cannot attack and criticize, they don't utilize the forum. Of what use are people like that?

Having never been to PH, I'm not in a position to comment except to say that if they are banning people for their views, then those posters will ultimately make it back here - and possibly bring some posters from that site to this one.

I've been considering this thread for a number of weeks. I have mixed emotions because, while I don't like censorship, there are times it has to be employed. For example, there is a poster that follows me from board to board. Their ONLY contribution to any forum is to criticize and harass me. That is it. If that individual cannot attack and criticize, they don't utilize the forum. Of what use are people like that?

Having never been to PH, I'm not in a position to comment except to say that if they are banning people for their views, then those posters will ultimately make it back here - and possibly bring some posters from that site to this one.
You poor thing, what a bore ---- point them out if they follow you here.

Oh PH and PJ are a long story --- many came from here in the first place, 'Lefties' and won't come back but if any of us venture into their new domain ( and I'm not a Righty, was even once the darling of the Left :) but some of my views are against 'The Party Line' ) Wow betide us ---- we get zapped for no given reason --- I did post in PH before the PJ deluge and it was fine - now posting there is like walking on egg shells ---

ps Those in this battle came together from a now defunct forum --- so the battle is quite an old one - it's funny really xxx well it is too me.

Last edited:

Minotaur

Governor
There is some misinformation here. You don't get banned for your political view in PH. You just have to follow the rules. That said, boards are all dynamic. They take on the personality of the whole. Posters all post for different reasons and if the board fits them they tend to stay. The biggest puzzle for site owners imo is when a board dwindles down to a small group it is like inbreeding in that yes they support one another in fights and chaos but they are boring as snot to someone who enjoys posting issues. You end up with "Obummer sucks because I said so" "Hitlery is a killer...with cankers" and "Trump is telling the truth when he tells a lie" and the same 6 or 7 people saying "You are so right!" or if someone posts a real article with a reality check you say "No one likes you" "You suck and I hate you" and...well you get the picture. To draw good posters you have to be good posters. That is my only advice. Take it or leave it. Not an issue except I would love to see this site come back. I am not giving up. To be fair, maybe you have already made a change as posters if you truly want other posters and if so that would be a real draw.

There is some misinformation here. You don't get banned for your political view in PH. You just have to follow the rules. That said, boards are all dynamic. They take on the personality of the whole. Posters all post for different reasons and if the board fits them they tend to stay. The biggest puzzle for site owners imo is when a board dwindles down to a small group it is like inbreeding in that yes they support one another in fights and chaos but they are boring as snot to someone who enjoys posting issues. You end up with "Obummer sucks because I said so" "Hitlery is a killer...with cankers" and "Trump is telling the truth when he tells a lie" and the same 6 or 7 people saying "You are so right!" or if someone posts a real article with a reality check you say "No one likes you" "You suck and I hate you" and...well you get the picture. To draw good posters you have to be good posters. That is my only advice. Take it or leave it. Not an issue except I would love to see this site come back. I am not giving up. To be fair, maybe you have already made a change as posters if you truly want other posters and if so that would be a real draw.
PH does ban people for their views ---- I didn't say 'political' I said views.

And the 'rules' do not apply to everyone equally -

Personally, if I had gone in there all guns blazing on any subject applying to the US I would have simply left after a couple of threads ---- but I didn't, I went in to discuss Brexit when I saw other British posters discussing it ---- and war was declared on me by the usual suspects, reporting every single word I uttered, over nothing which affects them, or that they have a clue about or that they give a damn about ---

It has become a PJ Lefty protectorate and I am sure that if any one of us from here entered that domain to discuss puppy dogs or cherry pie the report war would be declared on them/us. Look at many of the threads on there if you want to see inbreeding -
So far I have hardly posted without a personal insult or comment coming back at me ---- You are of the same family ( Slate) but now disrespecting your roots.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
On one board, I was accused of being a hasbara agent (a jew pretending to not be, secretly trying to support Israel or jews). I questioned the veracity of an assertion made about the jews in some country in the past, and treated the one poster who openly identified as Jewish with respect. That's it. I don't go there anymore.
On another board, I quoted the 14 words (look it up if you don't know) and the site owner came down on me with all kinds of questions & accusations. No ban, but I don't go there much.

The point is, it's all individual judgement calls and those, by nature, are flawed. Either the owners, administrators, and posters want a forum for open debate or they don't. If they do, speech codes shouldn't be there and every poster should treat every other with a modicum of respect. Lacking either, any forum will devolve into a small group of like-minded people stroking each other. Personally, I've got vnnforum for that and have no interest in it here.

Minotaur

Governor
I have NEVER seen anyone banned for their views political or otherwise. That statement doesn't make sense. You only get banned for breaking the rules period. They are very consistent about application no matter what your political leanings are. Not sure why you even said that. That said, yes it leans left which doesn't mean a righty can't post there. I am from slate when it was a discussion leader. The bad posters got so bad that they stopped moderating Ballotbox and unhooked it so the public could not see it and THAT tainted ending was not what Slate used to be so you may not have been there long enough to remember when it was well respected. I still honor that. Some great posters who became known writers in their own right came out of that once near think-tank material. I've always enjoyed political discussions not chaos. But that said, if the point is to generate posters for this site then the incorrect descriptions of another site are fairly meaningless.

On one board, I was accused of being a hasbara agent (a jew pretending to not be, secretly trying to support Israel or jews). I questioned the veracity of an assertion made about the jews in some country in the past, and treated the one poster who openly identified as Jewish with respect. That's it. I don't go there anymore.
On another board, I quoted the 14 words (look it up if you don't know) and the site owner came down on me with all kinds of questions & accusations. No ban, but I don't go there much.

The point is, it's all individual judgement calls and those, by nature, are flawed. Either the owners, administrators, and posters want a forum for open debate or they don't. If they do, speech codes shouldn't be there and every poster should treat every other with a modicum of respect. Lacking either, any forum will devolve into a small group of like-minded people stroking each other. Personally, I've got vnnforum for that and have no interest in it here.
Yes, it was the Jewish question that I was banned for ---- specifically for discriminating against Israel --- how one can be accused of discriminating against a country when in a discussion about said country I really do not know.

I don't care but ---------- absolutely. there are sites where to tow the party line is an unspoken rule. Across the political board in the US Israel is untouchable - it is God.

I have NEVER seen anyone banned for their views political or otherwise. That statement doesn't make sense. You only get banned for breaking the rules period. They are very consistent about application no matter what your political leanings are. Not sure why you even said that. That said, yes it leans left which doesn't mean a righty can't post there. I am from slate when it was a discussion leader. The bad posters got so bad that they stopped moderating Ballotbox and unhooked it so the public could not see it and THAT tainted ending was not what Slate used to be so you may not have been there long enough to remember when it was well respected. I still honor that. Some great posters who became known writers in their own right came out of that once near think-tank material. I've always enjoyed political discussions not chaos. But that said, if the point is to generate posters for this site then the incorrect descriptions of another site are fairly meaningless.
One often doesn't know what a poster is banned for - they don't always say -

The point? Discussion, come out of a discussion, in the way that that conversation goes --- does there need to be a point? The owner has said he doesn't mind how large or small PJ is ----------

Minotaur

Governor
One often doesn't know what a poster is banned for - they don't always say -

The point? Discussion, come out of a discussion, in the way that that conversation goes --- does there need to be a point? The owner has said he doesn't mind how large or small PJ is ----------
Well I thought your toppost was good in terms of knowing it takes both sides to be healthy and that was what I answered. I do think it can be turned around if posters want to do that but if the owner doesn't mind fewer posters than it may not matter.

Well I thought your toppost was good in terms of knowing it takes both sides to be healthy and that was what I answered. I do think it can be turned around if posters want to do that but if the owner doesn't mind fewer posters than it may not matter.
Without naming names and such like --- It wasn't so much the fact of it but the way it was being done I was objecting to back then.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
It occurred to me we haven't seen anything from Poseidon Atlantis in a while.
Seems a lot of the better posters are going away...
Lance has given up, at least for now, probably for good.
LeRoyWasHere went away a while back. He was one of a handful of Marxists able to engage in reasonable discussion when he wanted to.
Seems Arkady has gone. Maybe I'm just not seeing his posts but they're hard to miss.

People just tired of all the pointless Clinton vs Trump stuff? The nasty & abusive posters? Too busy? Bored? It's hard to stop a downward spiral. Hardly an earth-shattering concern but I'd feel the loss if PJ spiraled down to nothingness.

Last edited:
It occurred to me we haven't seen anything from Poseidon Atlantis in a while.
Seems a lot of the better posters are going away...
Lance has given up, at least for now, probably for good.
LeRoyWasHere went away a while back. He was one of a handful of Marxists able to engage in reasonable discussion when he wanted to.
Seems Arkady has gone. Maybe I'm just not seeing his posts but they're hard to miss.

People just tired of all the pointless Clinton vs Trump stuff? The nasty & abusive posters? Too busy? Bored? It's hard to stop a downward spiral. Hardly an earth-shattering concern but I'd feel the loss if PJ spiraled down to nothingness.
They will all be back no doubt - it is the Summer and as you near the end of this never ending election year, I too am soooooooo bored with it, I can't begin to tell you !!!! and am not really even bothering to look at many posts in here until it is all over + the shouting xxx

W

Wolfert Webber

They will all be back no doubt - it is the Summer and as you near the end of this never ending election year, I too am soooooooo bored with it, I can't begin to tell you !!!! and am not really even bothering to look at many posts in here until it is all over + the shouting xxx
It is over.

Hillary will be the next POTUS, Obama the next SCOTUS justice.

MaryAnne

Governor

I tried one board and a drunk accused me of being a man who was chasing his wife. Many joined him until a MOD saw the posts with my name,told him to go home and sober up. Many apologized to me. But I decided I did not want to stay there.:)

MaryAnne

Governor

They do not ban posters for Political views. They do ban posters for personal insults or stalking when it becomes obvious.

This board was my home for years,still holds that feeling.

MaryAnne

Governor
We have a new poster that came on this morning! Don't know much about him yet, but we'll see :). I wouldn't want to stay on a board that was all one sided at all, like you said...what fun is that? I think people that have left this board left because most of them couldn't prove their arguments any longer & their BS was catching up with them. If I think I'm right, I'm not going to run away. I may walk away from a thread that has gotten to be a farse, or walk away from a person that won't stop attacking, but you're going to find that in just about any board.

I'm not sure where 'there' is that you talk about though.....
Not true at all. I was here for years.

I will always be connected to this board that welcomed us when Slate closed down.