• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We have just lost two more good posters

at least two others to my knowledge are unhappy.

But we are not allowed to talk about it .......well soon there will be no one left TO talk about it ............

Boltlady

Mayor
It's in the Rule Book. No talking about moderating .........it seams that there is more changing of peoples chosen wording in their posts lately.
Are you saying that we should actually read the rule book? For my part I try to be relatively polite, I try not to deliberately insult people even when they've insulted me, which has included a moderator or two, and I keep my language pretty clean even when tempted not to. If that doesn't fall within the accepted criteria then reading the book wouldn't help.

I am who I am.

PS Why can't we talk about moderators? Some of them have seriously needed to be talked about at times, especially when they deliberately change the subject of a thread.

Are you saying that we should actually read the rule book? For my part I try to be relatively polite, I try not to deliberately insult people even when they've insulted me, which has included a moderator or two, and I keep my language pretty clean even when tempted not to. If that doesn't fall within the accepted criteria then reading the book wouldn't help.

I am who I am.

PS Why can't we talk about moderators? Some of them have seriously needed to be talked about at times, especially when they deliberately change the subject of a thread.

Talking about Mods actions is supposedly not allowed but we are seeing another mini mass walk out of some good posters so I think perhaps we should talk about it ooooooooooooor could the Mod (s) please cool it, if it isn't already too late.

U

Union_Jack_1972

I am who I am.

All mods are perfect... All mods are perfect... All mods are perfect...

Do you believe me?

Actually it is against the rules the last time I read the rules... Now I do agree with you that some mods not all break those rules daily... No one is perfect but I do feel Mods should set the standard higher for those like me...

Just my opinion and my opinion is like my butt, it stinks, and I am sure you do not want to read the crap...

Pun away...

fairsheet

Senator
IMHO, if our wording is changed, our posts are deleted, OR posts in response to our posts are changed or deleted, we should be notified. It's presumptuous and insulting to do these things on the sly.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Talking about Mods actions is supposedly not allowed but we are seeing another mini mass walk out of some good posters so I think perhaps we should talk about it ooooooooooooor could the Mod (s) please cool it, if it isn't already too late.
When posters here can make the rules or manipulate the board (i.e.) flame and attack and hurry and erase their attack after reporting someone they hate and want to get banned, that is/was the beginning of the end. When they can howl and threaten to "LEAVE" with their 'gang' if they don't get their way, even go so far as to have contracts drawn up so certain posters can only post in certain threads and about certain things while they break every rule imaginable, yet are some of the ones yelling for their SECOND AMENDMENTMENT RIGHTS while trying to squelch their target's first amendment rights, go on about how independent and strong and capable they are yet run and tattle tale over the damnest things...and manipulates the mods (some of them) into making new rules just for them...to appease them...then that's when I wonder WTH happened to this place?
And Mods don't always have it so good...these manipulating souls even throw their own friend(s) under the bus and even though they know it will bother this person a lot, refuse to post to her/him and let her/him know that she/he is NO LONGER THEIR FRIEND. Kindergarten much? More like nursery school.

I have a feeling that the "REPORT BUTTON" is being used every time someone feels the need to control this place. Pathetic as it seems that anyone would have the need to control people they don't know it certainly does happen, just so they can somehow try to battle their inferiority complex by controlling others. And if banning me for speaking up helps them to attain their goal I guess I can always tell myself that I did something for the NEEDY.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
IMHO, if our wording is changed, our posts are deleted, OR posts in response to our posts are changed or deleted, we should be notified. It's presumptuous and insulting to do these things on the sly.
The whole concept of anyone being able to delete their own posts completely to make themselves look innocent (AND IT WAS AND IS DONE) is bullcrap. Especially if this person doesn't like the response they get and report someone else then delete their own nastiness. If a person in a marriage (or a shack-up) was that manipulating, I wonder how long the relationship would last?

When posters here can make the rules or manipulate the board (i.e.) flame and attack and hurry and erase their attack after reporting someone they hate and want to get banned, that is/was the beginning of the end. When they can howl and threaten to "LEAVE" with their 'gang' if they don't get their way, even go so far as to have contracts drawn up so certain posters can only post in certain threads and about certain things while they break every rule imaginable, yet are some of the ones yelling for their SECOND AMENDMENTMENT RIGHTS while trying to squelch their target's first amendment rights, go on about how independent and strong and capable they are yet run and tattle tale over the damnest things...and manipulates the mods (some of them) into making new rules just for them...to appease them...then that's when I wonder WTH happened to this place?
And Mods don't always have it so good...these manipulating souls even throw their own friend(s) under the bus and even though they know it will bother this person a lot, refuse to post to her/him and let her/him know that she/he is NO LONGER THEIR FRIEND. Kindergarten much? More like nursery school.

I have a feeling that the "REPORT BUTTON" is being used every time someone feels the need to control this place. Pathetic as it seems that anyone would have the need to control people they don't know it certainly does happen, just so they can somehow try to battle their inferiority complex by controlling others. And if banning me for speaking up helps them to attain their goal I guess I can always tell myself that I did something for the NEEDY.

I do see, that is a silly game. And I never thought, especially because of the History, that Mods from within the ranks was a healthy experiment. At the same time we all knew it was getting too much for Dave, Chris and Jon to handle alone.

But I think the latest problem is more about Mod (s ) change the wording of posters posts.

I haven't noticed it having been done to any of mine, but then I probably wouldn't notice, since I forget what I said five mins ago ................ but in the middle of a debate to change another persons wording is a bit..well ........... I can't think of a word but anyway it is disrespectful and well what if a person didn't want to say that or had spent time thinking about wording it as they had or ..........well, you know ...........

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I do see, that is a silly game. And I never thought, especially because of the History, that Mods from within the ranks was a healthy experiment. At the same time we all knew it was getting too much for Dave, Chris and Jon to handle alone.

But I think the latest problem is more about Mod (s ) change the wording of posters posts.

I haven't noticed it having been done to any of mine, but then I probably wouldn't notice, since I forget what I said five mins ago ................ but in the middle of a debate to change another persons wording is a bit..well ........... I can't think of a word but anyway it is disrespectful and well what if a person didn't want to say that or had spent time thinking about wording it as they had or ..........well, you know ...........
What would be worse is for the words to get changed to protect the poster. Oh well...that's the way it is I guess

What would be worse is for the words to get changed to protect the poster. Oh well...that's the way it is I guess

It is a shame it is no longer as it was on Slate, that we couldn't delete our post once answered by another. That would sort your problem out, if too we could no longer edit once a post was answered.

I find it useful to be able to add sometimes 'cos things pop int my head afterwards ........but the 'game' you speak of is only funny a couple of times eh ?

Jen

Senator
Nina. Did this ever happen?
When posters here can make the rules or manipulate the board (i.e.) flame and attack and hurry and erase their attack after reporting someone they hate and want to get banned, that is/was the beginning of the end.
The moderators try to watch out for stuff like that, but it seems that it could be done and might have been done at some point. There is always someone around who wants to circle around rules.

And there are always going to be childish things going on. Seems that adults don't ever completely grow up sometimes. I'm sure I'm as stupid about that sometimes as anyone else here is. But to me, we just come here to hash out things in the news, especially politics and if our behavior were pristine or if the moderators checked out and edited every word we say, things would become boring. Our present moderator-in-chief is a "less-is-better" fan and I think she is doing a terrific job.

All that's desired is for a board to be somewhat on-topic with as little of the personal insult as is possible. Some people think there should be more strict moderation. Recently some of those have left us. Others think that moderators on "their side" should give them breaks when it comes to obeying the rules and some left when that didn't happen to their liking. It would be impossible for any moderator to please everyone and we all have the right to stay or go as we choose.

You don't give the moderators enough credit regarding the "report" button, Nina. The motives of people using that button are quite transparent to all moderators. They aren't stupid. And usually the reporter leaves a pretty clear message that disintegrates any doubt as to what the motive is. But moderators are only human and moderator priority is the board, not specific posters. Moderators want everyone to stay..........you, your friends, your enemies (the general you that also includes you, Nina). As a moderator I came to the defense of you and of anyone who needed it. I saw all moderators defend people that were on the "other" side...asking for leniency. Sometimes, leniency is not possible. And I feel that posters know good and well when they have posted something that needs to be deleted or infracted. Many people who have been deleted or received infractions respond with "yeah. I know I screwed up. Sorry" Others get angry and pretend they are innocent.

But it's all okay. I'm not moderator but I love everyone and consider everyone here to be my "kids" (even gramps). Sometimes I get pissed off and pop in anger............but that lasts only a minute then I'm ready for hugs. So, okay. Nobody wants to hug me. That's okay. I love you anyway. And that's how it is with the moderators too. I don't think anyone on the moderator board hates anyone or is out to get anyone. I feel safe saying that and I am certain it's true.

Best to you, Nina.
Even when you yell at me.
Jen

fairsheet

Senator
Hah! I'm just like you. I have a hard time remembering what I posted 5 minutes ago. BUT...one poster penned a slightly pissy rejoinder my way. So, I thought up what I thought might be a clever rejoinder to his rejoinder. Alas....it seems the mods deleted his pissy post. I really didn't need for them to do that.

Jen

Senator
The "game" she is speaking of, QueenT, isn't even funny once. It's mean and despicable. My edits are done if I read something and I think it might be misunderstood so I try to make it easier to understand. Once or twice I have re-read my post and thought that it sounds mean and I didn't intend for it to be that way so I soften it. But if someone has posted to it and replied to my mean post, I don't change it.......I just apologize as much as possible. I do know that my sense of humor is such that I say things that, when I say them in person, it elicits eye-rolling. Both me and the person I am talking to know I'm just invoking my wicked and a bit warped sense of humor. Sometimes that leaks out here...........and I can tell you...........it just doesn't translate well into the written word. I get in trouble a lot for saying things in a "funny" way .....and it's just not at all funny here.

It is a shame it is no longer as it was on Slate, that we couldn't delete our post once answered by another. That would sort your problem out, if too we could no longer edit once a post was answered.

I find it useful to be able to add sometimes 'cos things pop int my head afterwards ........but the 'game' you speak of is only funny a couple of times eh ?

Jen

Senator
If you are asking whether or not I am "Bolt Lady", I am not. I'm not sure even what that means. Maybe it's cloth? I have never been sure. But it's against the rules to have two monikers here and I am a real rule-monger if nothing else.

Is that you, Jen?

Just kidding. Sorta. Kinda.