• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We have mice again

How would I know if one my rambles was disappeared? If it's gone, it's gone.
Mid conversation, when your point disappears from the conversation and you are asked 'what ****** are you talking about?' with the addition of a winking smiley is disconcerting but - not once not twice but regularly it becomes a bore.

BobbyT

Governor
Mid conversation, when your point disappears from the conversation and you are asked 'what ****** are you talking about?' with the addition of a winking smiley is disconcerting but - not once not twice but regularly it becomes a bore.
I have seen that too Queen. Not my own posts but when I'm reading threads, which I often come to after they're several pages long because most people post in the US daytime and I see them after I get off work. It's odd to see people quote prior posts in the thread and I swear I didn't see them. Then I go back thru the thread and sure enough they're not there, but I can see them quoted in other's posts. Also I see people commenting on something someone said upthread and there's no evidence they ever said any such thing, which must be because of deleted posts. It's very annoying and disconcerting to have just 'disappeared' posts like that mid-thread. Some things should be deleted or edited, but the mods should leave behind a trail so we don't think we've lost our minds!

Last edited:
I have seen that too Queen. Not my own posts but when I'm reading threads, which I often come to after they're several pages long because most people post in the US daytime and I see them after I get off work. It's odd to see people quote prior posts in the thread and I swear I didn't see them. Then I go back thru the thread and sure enough they're not there, but I can see them quoted in other's posts. Also I see people commenting on something someone said upthread and there's no evidence they ever said any such thing, which must be because of deleted posts. It's very annoying and disconcerted to have just 'disappeared' posts like that mid-thread. Some things should be deleted or edited, but the mods should leave behind a trail so we don't think we've lost our minds!
Mmmm but when it is a mouse that you are arguing with when your argument disappears--- what then? There is no recourse.

We are but guests here, eh?
So? There would be nothing here if we were not? And isn't the hosts duty to treat their guests with some respect?

Other forums always leave a notice where the deleted post was - giving a reason for it's disappearance.

I know I have read through threads which simply stopped making sense at some point -

Oh and the mice are guests too don't forget ;-)

BobbyT

Governor
So? There would be nothing here if we were not? And isn't the hosts duty to treat their guests with some respect?

Other forums always leave a notice where the deleted post was - giving a reason for it's disappearance.

I know I have read through threads which simply stopped making sense at some point -

Oh and the mice are guests too don't forget ;-)
I don't disagree re: respect. I noted in my post that I think the mods should leave behind a crumb (or piece of cheese?) to note they deleted something. But whether they do or no, and whether they treat us with respect or no, we are still guests. The site wants us here and we want to stay, but it is a tradeoff no? And we can vote with our feet ....er.....keyboards if necessary. In the meantime, I very much respect and definitely agree with your objection to deleting posts within a thread and leaving no trail; I wish they wouldn't do it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I have seen that too Queen. Not my own posts but when I'm reading threads, which I often come to after they're several pages long because most people post in the US daytime and I see them after I get off work. It's odd to see people quote prior posts in the thread and I swear I didn't see them. Then I go back thru the thread and sure enough they're not there, but I can see them quoted in other's posts. Also I see people commenting on something someone said upthread and there's no evidence they ever said any such thing, which must be because of deleted posts. It's very annoying and disconcerting to have just 'disappeared' posts like that mid-thread. Some things should be deleted or edited, but the mods should leave behind a trail so we don't think we've lost our minds!
if someone has already replied to poster, the deleted post will still be in reply..........didn't do much good to delete original post....IMO

I get ya jest.......come in late and someone in the thread w/deleted post, makes ya think did I read that wrong or should I have only two drinks ☺

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don't disagree re: respect. I noted in my post that I think the mods should leave behind a crumb (or piece of cheese?) to note they deleted something. But whether they do or no, and whether they treat us with respect or no, we are still guests. The site wants us here and we want to stay, but it is a tradeoff no? And we can vote with our feet ....er.....keyboards if necessary. In the meantime, I very much respect and definitely agree with your objection to deleting posts within a thread and leaving no trail; I wish they wouldn't do it.
same some go for points due to Reports...........which post/what rule was broken and who reported............give me cheese

if someone has already replied to poster, the deleted post will still be in reply..........didn't do much good to delete original post....IMO

I get ya jest.......come in late and someone in the thread w/deleted post, makes ya think did I read that wrong or should I have only two drinks ☺
''if someone has already replied to poster, the deleted post will still be in reply.......'' Mice eat them too Dawg :(