• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Welcome New, Infrequent, And Returning Members

Birdz

Council Member
Click on your name at the top right of the screen. You will get a drop-down list and Avatar is on that list. Click it and you will get two options. I can't make Gravatar work so I use the other one and have my desired avatar already saved to my computer to plop in there.

welcome.
Thanks. I stumbled through and uploaded from my photo library on my iPad. It’s a Magellanic penguin, little guys, knee high. I visited a Magellanic penguin colony in the Patagonian area of Argentina. That was cool, even though it rained cats and dogs that day, in a place where it supposedly rarely rains.

Jen

Senator
Thanks. I stumbled through and uploaded from my photo library on my iPad. It’s a Magellanic penguin, little guys, knee high. I visited a Magellanic penguin colony in the Patagonian area of Argentina. That was cool, even though it rained cats and dogs that day, in a place where it supposedly rarely rains.
So you took that photo yourself? Sooooooooo cool! And I hope to hear a lot more about your parrots.

Birdz

Council Member
So you took that photo yourself? Sooooooooo cool! And I hope to hear a lot more about your parrots.
No, I can’t take credit. I scanned a postcard that I bought.

Will tell more about the birds later.

Reactions: Jen

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
How can I prevent getting private messages coming to my e mail? I hope you don’t mind this newbie asking questions
As Jen said,click on your name in the toolbar then check out all the things in the dropdown menu. You can customize a lotta things.

Jen

Senator
Thanks. If I want to look up a member, how do I do that?
There is a search area under your name.
Click on that ant put the member's name under the spot where it says Posted by Member. The spelling needs to be correct and when you've got the first 3 letters or so it should give you a drop down list of posters that it could be.

Be sure you are in the Forums section of PJ when you do that or it won't give you what you need.

Frecks1710

Council Member
There is a search area under your name.
Click on that ant put the member's name under the spot where it says Posted by Member. The spelling needs to be correct and when you've got the first 3 letters or so it should give you a drop down list of posters that it could be.

Be sure you are in the Forums section of PJ when you do that or it won't give you what you need.
Thanks! Now in this section how do you introduce yourself? Do I just reply here or how do I start a new topic?

Jen

Senator
Sorry I am so dense. My brain wants to sleep! How do I start a new topic
Go to the Forums area first
Then click on the Introductions button.
Then at the top and right (sort of right of center) is a button that says "Post a new thread".
Click that and it will give you a box to write in. When you are done, click "post reply" beneath the writing box.

Frecks1710

Council Member
Aha! All those ads masked my view of new thread. I really appreciate all the help and look forward meeting new people. I think I learned enough for one day. Night!